New York City

New York City

A Story by Donna
"

This is a short story of my trip to New York City back in 1979.

"

     This was back in 1979, I took a trip to New York City for the first time. I was just 15, and I went with my Mother & Grandmother. We went to go visit family that lived in Brooklyn.


     When we arrived, I felt like I was in another world. My relatives picked us up and we drove to Brooklyn. The house was made of bricks with steps leading to the front door. The inside was nice. Some relatives lived in the basement and some on the main floor.


     In the morning we headed for New York City. I just stood there amazed. The buildings so tall and so many people. We went to my Uncles pizza place and had the most wonderful pizza I ever had. We walked around just looking at everything.


     We then went to the top of one of the twin towers, and when I looked down, I got sick to my stomach. It was so high up, I didn't like it at all. Once it started to get dark out, we started walking back to my Uncles when I saw a New York police man sitting in his car. He smiled at me, I walked over to him and asked him if I could get a picture with him. He was happy to. He let me get in the police car drivers side and my Mom took the picture, which I still have today.


     The next day we took a ride on the subway. That was interesting. Graffiti written everywhere and people so close together, but it was fun. The statue of liberty was amazing to see. So beautiful. We went to White Castle for some burgers, I loved it.


     The rest of the time I spent with family and getting to know them. It was just the best time of my life. Now I understand why everyone loves New York. My trip was along time ago. I hope someday to visit again. Everyone should get to experience New York. It is a place you will never forget.

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have no doubt that NYC made a mighty impression on the young you. Besides passing through the bus terminal once, I've only seen that mega city from the air. Sharing your personal experience with us is a treat.

Posted 5 Years Ago


loved the read,always wanted to visit ny

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you! Glad you liked it!
 wordman

5 Years Ago

my pleasure
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Noted and added on my bucket list - New York trip!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us Donna....will try more than I can to visit there..,hope you may have your visit again to New York!!😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thanks Tahsin! I'm glad its on your list!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2018
Last Updated on July 3, 2018

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It's Dark! It's Dark!

A Story by Woody


Hear My Song Hear My Song

A Poem by Diane