Sentenced to Life in my Body

Sentenced to Life in my Body

A Poem by Donna
"

This is about struggling inside oneself.

"
I'm being punished for something, maybe it was another life, I don't know.

All I know is that this life of mine has not been good. It feels like a bad dream, but every morning when I awake, it continues.

I feel like a prisoner in my own body, sentenced to life. Am I going crazy? Or is it a dream? I don't think so.

I don't hear voices except my own. I fight with myself and put myself down. I cry because I don't like who I am.

I want to be normal and happy like most people are, but I don't have much to be happy about. Well, I do have things to be happy about, but the the bad things take over me. I can't think of anything happy.

I'm stuck in this prison and I don't know why, so I just sit and wait to die.
THE END!

© 2019 Donna


Author's Note

Donna
This is fiction!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That's sad, but such a human and common struggle. We chase the idea of normal and happy. We see smiling people--beautiful couples who are laughing and smiling, under the perfect rays of sunshine, walking in a perfectly choreographed tune. And then, we sit in our misery, wondering why our life can't be like that. It's an image sold to us to keep us perpetually miserable. Perpetually open. Open to what it is they're selling.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Donna

4 Years Ago

You are so right! Thank you so much.



Reviews

“I do have things to be happy about, but the the bad things take over me. I can't think of anything happy.”
Anyone who has battled depression knows this feeling all too well. We have all the tools for happiness at our fingertips but can never grasp hold of it.
This is a very powerful write.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Donna

4 Years Ago

Thank you katsmeow. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.
That's sad, but such a human and common struggle. We chase the idea of normal and happy. We see smiling people--beautiful couples who are laughing and smiling, under the perfect rays of sunshine, walking in a perfectly choreographed tune. And then, we sit in our misery, wondering why our life can't be like that. It's an image sold to us to keep us perpetually miserable. Perpetually open. Open to what it is they're selling.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Donna

4 Years Ago

You are so right! Thank you so much.
I do believe in re-incarnation. In dreams, I see old wars. I joined at seventeen and I learn later. All the men in my family present and past knew war. I have bad luck too. Maybe I am paying for old sins??
"I'm stuck in this prison and I don't know why, so I just sit and wait to die.
THE END! "
I like the above lines. This would poem could create along and entertaining conversation. Thank you dear Donna for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 4 Years Ago


Donna

4 Years Ago

I really appreciate your reviews, thanks so much.
Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

You are welcome dear Donna.
it is very sad when death seems the only way out from a troubled existence---when we reach that bottom of the abyss and there is no way out.
so well expressed here.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Donna

4 Years Ago

Thanx so much Jacob. 😊
Your lines speak to me of someone stuck in a rut with negativity. Negativity is the friend of no one. Too much of it can completely distort your outlook on life and make you become a prisoner. Lines that others may well relate to Donna. Thank you.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


Donna

4 Years Ago

Thank you Chris! I appreciate you reading and reviewing my writing. It means so much to me.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

899 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on May 20, 2019

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing