I Will See You

I Will See You

A Poem by Donna
"

My Granddaughter Lucia passed away November 1, 2020. She was 18 months old.

"

I never had the chance to see
you or hold you in my arms.
You were put on this earth for such a short time.
It doesn't seem fair.
All I can do now is say a prayer.
I know you are an angel in Heaven with God.
I believe that one day I will have the chance to see you, and hold you in my arms.

Lucia Marie Sierra
November 1, 2020

© 2020 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The pain of a loss as that of your precious granddaughter cuts like a knife!!!
May little Lucia send you kisses to dry your tears! May her memory help heal your pain. I'm sorry you were unable to meet her, but I do believe she knows you in spirit!!!
xoxoxoxo

Posted 1 Year Ago


Sorry for your loss. We dint ever forget

Posted 1 Year Ago


I am so sorry for such an untimely loss. Thank you for sharing with us.
RIP Lucia. ❤️



Posted 1 Year Ago


Donna

1 Year Ago

Thank you James for taking the time to read this!
So sad when any child dies. How tragic for the whole family! A lovely tribute you have written here. So sorry for your loss.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Donna

1 Year Ago

Thank you Robert! I appreciate you reading this.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
It isn't fair, far to many bad folk live to a ripe old age Whilst the good, innocent, young are taken far to early.
So sorry for you family's loss Donna

Posted 2 Years Ago


Donna

2 Years Ago

Much appreciated Gee!
This offering is a eulogy for one whose life was cut short all too soon. One of the lines states it doesn't seem fair. I agree, but I have quit trying to figure out these things. Our lives are brief lights between two apparent darknesses and as yet we are not able to fathom them. Maybe some day we will be able to do so, and then we will understand.

Posted 2 Years Ago


A lovely tribute to your sweet grandbaby! So sorry for your loss!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Donna

2 Years Ago

Thank you Kathy!
KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

My pleasure!
I love this poem. It is short which in itself conveys the subject. You were brush by an angel's wing. We are all here for the length of time we need to be here. This angel needed none of the struggles this life can present. All it needed was the love you gave without reservation. This work is so complete. Just like the little life you loved without knowing. God Bless. I am sorry for your loss.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Donna

2 Years Ago

That was just beautiful, thank you so much!
Very sweet poem, seems lie a poem about a stillbirth child.

Posted 2 Years Ago


This is incredibly moving Donna, a tribute to your little granddaughter that you never had the opportunity to meet. As a Nan myself, I know how painful that must be for you. Sending you condolences and heartfelt understanding, while you grieve your loss. Take care of yourself.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


Donna

2 Years Ago

Thank you Chris! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, but I'm not on here to much anymore. Lucia.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2020
Last Updated on November 11, 2020

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing