A Peasant Vampire

A Peasant Vampire

A Story by Doodle29
"

A vampire who lives isolated on a farm, with Emily a parrot and a rose bush in which he finds relief and happiness.

"

                                                           A Peasant Vampire

                 On this very beautiful night, on a farm far, far away a vampire is plotting his escape. He had been trapped on this damned place for centuries.  He had no one to talk to and was very lonely.  He often remembers his days as a human, when he could have gone anywhere he wanted, feel the sweet touch of the sun on his tanned skin and the warm lips of his lover upon his. Now he was a walking dead, a child of the moon. He finally got sick of it, of this miserable and pathetic life. He wanted freedom! Wanted to see the world and its beauty. To think about that a bloody parrot was keeping all of this from him it was ridiculous! But the parrot was not to be underestimated, she was his guardian. Emily- that’s her name- was put there to make sure he would not see the outsides of the farm ever again, because they say that once you become a vampire, a beautiful white parrot is sent from the sky too look upon you. But the trick is that the bird doesn’t protect you, it protects the others from you, by locking the vampire up, on an isolated place. He felt like some sort of male version of Rapunzel, only that he was stuck on a bloody farm, with a parrot.

                  His only comfort is a rosebush. He is so attracted to it, so attached that is unbelievable that he can have some sort of emotion. Every night, he spends it with the rosebush, telling it stories and reciting poetry to it that for an outsider it would seem foolishness or madness. He sometimes even forgets about escaping, that’s how much he loves it. But the parrot is always there standing between him and his happiness. He was a monster, a creature of the night. He could not love, it wasn’t normal for him to feel sympathy, so Emily ravaged his most beloved thing on the farm. He had nothing left anymore, only hatred, for the bird and the world for making him like that. This night is the most important, because tonight, he will accomplish his dream. He’ll escape! Emily time expired, she was as good as dead. So he will make her dead.

                   He silently approached the white parrot. Before blinking, her neck was twisted. He crushed her in his palm and let her dust and feathers slip between his bony fingers. Now he has to move fast, be like a shadow and run. His steps were light and swiftly. One door, and the Moon’s light will shine on him. He never opened that door. When his fingers were caressing the doorknob, he was brutally pushed away. His teeth were showing in warning for whoever was there and between his lips hisses were emanated. But there was nothing, only darkness, his sweet old friend. Weak noises could be heard, so he looked more intensely. A white light emerged from the depth of the room, enveloping him. He expected pain, but it didn’t come. He saw his bush, his rose bush, in its most gorgeous flowers, like it wanted to impress him. To captivate his attention. With his hand stretched, he slowly submitted towards it. He was crying happy tears when he smelled its roses. Bringing back memories, only joyful ones. He never wanted to live again.

                  But that was inside his head. In fact, he was still inside that dark room, alone, but crying in a corner, his sobs filling the space. Above him, Emily, was watching, unfazed, deserving his sad fate.

© 2013 Doodle29


Author's Note

Doodle29
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on March 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 18, 2013
Tags: Vampire, parrot, drama.