Find The Jewelry That Is Right For You

Find The Jewelry That Is Right For You

A Story by Unique wedding gift ideas
"

- For more information about Basia Zarzycka or on anything related to Basia's designs and art, feel free to contact her by telephone on 0044 (0)207 730 1660.

"



There is really no point in trying to procure jewelry if you have no idea what qualities to look for when you are searching. You should also know what steps you need to take to keep your jewelry in the best condition possible so that it will have a much longer life. The following article is full or helpful ideas for buying and maintaining your beautiful jewelry.

Try not put any of your Unusual vintage jewellery on before applying your makeup. By putting your pieces on before doing this, you risk getting them covered in things like powders and deposits from your makeup. This then collects around gem settings and on metal causing them to turn and look cheap and old.

Costume jewelry is worth considering if you're going to work and don't wish to wear any jewelry that has a high value attached to it. Costume pieces of jewelry don't contain any precious metals or gemstones, which makes them highly affordable and widely available. This type of jewelry does tend to tarnish over time and cannot be shined with a polishing cloth.

If you are shopping unmarked sterling silver Unusual and bizarre gifts, then by all means bring a magnet. Jewelry made with non-precious metals will be attracted to the magnet, revealing any fakes. Another way to tell if a metal is sterling silver is to check for a hallmark stamp, for example .sterling, .ster, or .925. If you don't see a stamp of any sort on a piece, then be wary of whether it is actually silver or not.

Jewelry consignment stores are a great place to sell your jewelry. Consignment stores will sell your jewelry for whatever you think is a fair price, and they take a certain percentage of the sales when the item sells. They will usually display it for about 3 months and then you have the option of either picking it up or selling it to the store. Occasionally the store will keep it on display for longer if you ask.

To help jewelry maintain its maximum possible value you should aim to keep it in a pristine condition. Not only will it look better on you but it will also fetch a higher asking price should you ever decide to sell it. Semi annual trips to jewelry store for regular cleanings will help accomplish this.

If you are lucky enough to have a nice piece of emerald jewelry, then you will want to be careful in how you clean it, as it requires special care. You can soak it in cool water and then briefly brush it. Do not use hot water, steam or extreme heat, and cleaning with harsh solutions should be avoided.

When it comes to choosing the perfect wedding or engagement ring, it is important to be able to pay for it with cash. Sure, nothing says love like a great ring, but you do not want to put yourself in debt or end up paying overwhelming amounts of interest for it. It is the thought that counts for most.

Take a look at the jewelry a person already owns to get a feel for what they like. When you select gift jewelry, your intended recipient will appreciate jewelry that suits his or her style and taste. Pieces they already own - and especially ones they wear regularly - will point you in the direction of new jewelry they will love.

Be sure to ask the person you are dealing with at the jewelry store if the gem you are trying to purchase has been treated in any way. A lot of times they are treated to make them look better and last longer, but that decreases the value of the gem.

If you have some fine jewelry or heirloom jewelry whose value you want to protect through insurance, it is wise to take excellent pictures of these pieces and to have an appraisal done by a professional. Make sure that the pictures you take are good, quality ones. Using a flash when taking these pictures will not lead to good pictures of your jewelry. It is best to capture a picture of your precious jewelry under soft, diffused fluorescent bulbs.

There's nothing worse than losing a piece of jewelry due to a delicate clasp. Some gold jewelry will have a weak clasp in order to keep the integrity of the piece (soft gold), but you can sacrifice a little bit of gold on your necklace or bracelet and have a jeweler put a sturdier clasp on to ensure safety.

When buying jewelry for someone that you care about make sure that you are always aware of the exchange or return procedures. This is very important in case either the recipient does not like it or if something happens where you choose to not give it to them. Be sure that all terms are in writing.

Rubbing alcohol is excellent for removing tarnish from sterling silver jewelry. You can either, soak the jewelry item in a small cup of rubbing alcohol for a few minutes or wrap the jewelry in a paper towel and pour rubbing alcohol over it. Let it soak for about 5 minutes and then polish with a soft, dry cloth.

The most important aspect of choosing what jewelry to wear is color- design appeal has its place, but the immediate effect a piece has on an observer will be to impress the color combination between the jewelry, the skin, and clothing and other jewelry. Try to create interesting and non-chaotic color combinations when choosing jewelry to wear with an outfit.

With the increasing acceptance of wearing timepieces alongside formal wear has come the rise of decorative watches as jewelry. They now come in gold plate or studded with diamonds. Some are ringed with pearls or enameled in glorious colors to match any outfit you choose. They no longer must be kept in one's purse, so show off your good taste with a jeweled watch.

If you are careful and adhere to many of the tips that you have read here then you should be on your way to obtaining some lovely pieces of jewelry. Now you will know the best buying methods and the best ways to care for these very treasured possessions.

© 2014 Unique wedding gift ideas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on December 19, 2014
Last Updated on December 19, 2014
Tags: Basia Zarzycka, jewelry, shops

Author

Unique wedding gift ideas
Unique wedding gift ideas

London, Pavilion Road, United Kingdom



About
http://www.basiashop.com/ - For more information about Basia Zarzycka or on anything related to Basia's designs and art, feel free to contact her by telephone on 0044 (0)207 730 1660. more..