Regeneration Blues

Regeneration Blues

A Story by Collette Paige
"

the 12th Doctor is a female...but she still has all those memories.

"
It was her. It was Rose. The woman she loved…no. That was no longer the case. She didn't love her…but he did. And he was her.
She clucked her tongue at herself for thinking such complex and confusing thoughts. Rose was staring at her now, in utter disbelief.
"You can't be the Doctor…he's a man!"
The Doctor couldn't help chuckling to herself. "Regeneration, Rose. You've seen it in action." She shrugged, sticking her hands inside the pockets of the leather jacket her 9th generation had once worn. "I was pretty surprised to...but you recognize these, don't you?" the Doctor questioned, wriggling her feet in a circle to show the white converse her 10th generation had once donned.  Rose looked at them, finally believing that this woman was the man she loved…wait…what? This was all so confusing.
"I'm sorry, Doctor…but I loved the past you…I can't love a woman."
The Doctor let a smirk form across her face as she flipped her long, red, hair back dramatically.
"Fantastic! Because neither can I!" suddenly after saying such things, though, her face got serious.
"Rose. I loved you. I really, truly, did. All those feelings, all those memories? They're still here." She stated, pointing to her two beating hearts. "I want you to know that. That, when I was the strange, kooky, doctor you traveled with…I loved you."
Rose stared, face filled with sorrow, at the woman in front of her. She knew she was threatening to cry, but Rose held it in. For the sake of the Doctor himself…herself.
"Doctor…" she walked closer, taking the woman's hand in hers. "You may be different now…but you will never leave my heart"
The Doctor smiled weakly back at Rose. She stepped closer, embracing her companion.
"Rose…fantastic, wonderful, Rose Tyler…" she murmured, kissing the top of her head. "It's times like this that I wish I was still him."

© 2012 Collette Paige


Author's Note

Collette Paige
I wrote this, and you have no idea how proud I am!

Its my first ever Doctor Who fanfiction, and I'm happy with it.

The 12th Doctor, in my mind, is a compilation of the previous three. She wears the 9ths leather jacket, the 10ths converse (and his glasses), and the 11ths bow tie and suspenders.
Her sonic screwdriver looks like the 10th and 9ths, but it pops out (like the claw on the 11ths) and glows green (like the 11ths).
Her hair is long, wavy, and GINGER!!!!

Anyway, I wrote this because the idea had been in my mind for a good, long while. The Doctor, now being female, still has the memories of loving Rose Tyler, but she is "straight" and likes men. It tears her apart inside, because she still loves all these women...but at the same time she knows that was just how her past reincarnations felt.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should be proud :) I luved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 20, 2012
Last Updated on January 20, 2012

Author

Collette Paige
Collette Paige

Grapevine, TX



About
I like to write short stories and am working on some novels of my own. I know I'm not much, but to me this kind of like my life. I love music to my heart's content, so that's something I willing t.. more..

Writing
Still Still

A Poem by Collette Paige