I'm Stonophobic

I'm Stonophobic

A Chapter by DragonSoul150
"

If you are having problems in life and think your life is rough, then think of this. It can always be worse. I wrote this to try to show myself that life isn't as bad as you think.

"

   There was once a boy named Tam. He loved rocks; he studied rocks, kept rocks, had a shelf full of rocks, whenever he got the chance at school, he did a project on rocks, he even had a pet rock.

   One day he was at a rocky beach. He didn’t mind how much the rocks hurt because he loved them so much. Actually, he got used to it, and felt no pain whatsoever. He even stubbed his toe on a few rocks, but he didn’t mind, because he LOVED rocks. Rocks were basically his world to him; they were his favorite things in the world. He found a few rocks and studied them closely with his magnifying glass; he kept a few in his bag.

   But as he was doing this, his brother started calling out to him. Unlike him, his brother, Cir did NOT like rocks and kept his sandals on. Tam ran to him waving his left hand and holding up the bag of rocks in his right. He wasn’t looking where he was going, because, it’s just rocks, they can’t do any harm. But, what he didn’t know was that he had cut toe his on a sharp rock and his toe had a little cut. The cut had blood POURING out of it. Just when he was starting to sprint his toe his into a stone as big as two fists. He definitely felt the pain, and was falling. He fell face forward on a bunch of pebbles and a few shards of glass.

   Tam later woke up in a hospital bed wrapped in bandages; almost enough to make him look like a mummy. He turned his head to see he was on a drip and realized what had happened. When he was looking around the room, he saw his brother sleeping, sitting in a chair next to his bed. He asked him to wake up and almost immediately Cir was alert. Tam asked how long was he in the hospital. Cir replied he was there for a month and half. Tam asked him how long did he stay there, and Cir said just the night. He told him to get some rest, and left the room.

   Later when the doctor came in, Tam asked him how bad was his cuts. The doctor said he had cuts everywhere and even needed stitches in some area. He can’t move his limbs or else it can get worse, and his body looked so bad that he definitely wouldn’t want to see it. He later told him how his brother Cir has been checking everyday to see if Tam’s condition got better. After saying that, he left the room.

   3 months later Tam’s body was well enough for him to be able to use most of his limbs with ease. The only thing was that he wasn’t allowed to get out of his bed unless he has the help of someone else to move his wheelchair. Cir once visited him and said he’d take him out tomorrow.

   The next day Cir brought him out but covered his eyes with a blindfold. He said that he’d be taking him to a place that he was sure Tam would like. When he removed the blindfold, Tam found he was at a beach. In fact, it wasn’t too far from the one in which he injured himself. Tam realized this and started to panic. He panicked so much, that he accidently slapped Cir in the eye. On impulse, Cir started to cover it because he was in pain. Tam was still panicking as the wheelchair started to roll down, and down, and down, until a wheel hit a rock. The wheelchair bumped up and Tam hit his head on a big rock with the weight of the wheelchair making it worse. His head cracked almost the same way does an egg. His body his breathing and pulse suddenly stopped and his body became limp. This fazed Cir, who was afraid of running near rocks and going near beaches.

   Cir cried a lot for the next few days when no one was around. He was in a great depression for months, thinking it was all his fault. He almost attempted suicide but his friends arrived just at the right time to stop him. Later, the doctor called him, saying he had something important to give him. When Cir came over, the doctor was carrying an envelope and had said it was a letter from Tam. 

  When Cir opened it he felt both happy and sad. He was happy because the Tam was thanking him for being such a good brother. But, he was also extremely sad thinking about Tam's death. He later on found an area filled with Tam's old stuff, as said in the letter. The letter also came with a will, with almost everything going to Cir. 

   Cir realized that even though there were so many times when the two fought, they were actually quite thankful for the other to be around. 

   Life is short for many people, don't screw it up. There may be some tough times, but you should just try to power through. Just imagine you went through what Tam or Cir did whenever you are feeling bad about yourself.



© 2014 DragonSoul150


Author's Note

DragonSoul150
Please tell me what you think of this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

its cool...and deep...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on May 18, 2014
Tags: I'm, Stonophoic, Stone, Stones, Tam, Cir, Mat, Ric, Rocks, death, tragedy, realistic, sad, interesting
Previous Versions


Author

DragonSoul150
DragonSoul150

Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas



About
I'm a 14 year old guy. I don't really write a lot, only when an idea comes to mind and I can remember it. Most of my short stories are written in about 2 hours or less. I may come up with some tragedi.. more..

Writing