Split

Split

A Story by Peppy
"

Two twins are separated at birth after their parents get divorced. Will they see each other again?

"

~Prologue~


A woman and a man had been married for two years and hadn't had a single child. So the woman had baby twin girls. Kristin and Kristina Sky. They both had little patches of black hair and little blue eyes.
Six months later the husband and wife had a long-lasting fight, causing their divorce. They both took a child. The woman took Kristina and the man took Kristen.
The twins had been separated for so long, that they both forgot they even had a sister.

~Split~


A group of five boys ran into an abandoned home. They each had spray paint cans in their hands. One boy kept watch, while the others sprayed the walls on the inside. A boy, with a hat, and a baggy hoodie spray painted curse words on a corner.
"Dude!" Another boy said to him.
"Shut up, Justin!" The boy said and giggled. He had a girly giggle.
"You're such a girl, Kristen," a different boy said.
"Shhh, what's that?" Kristen said. The group of boys stopped spraying and listened. A police siren was going off.
"Crap!" Justin said.
"Pierce, grab all the spray cans!" Kristen said.
"Why me?!" Pierce said.
"They're yours now. Keep 'em." Kristen said as she put sunglasses on. Pierce fumbled around with the paint cans. The other two boys ran out the door. Kristen followed behind them, laughing.
They sprinted to the back, but were stopped by a metal fence. Justin looked down and saw a hole through it.
"There's a hole! We can't fit through it though!" He said.
Kristen examined it. "Yeah, you guys can't," she smirked and crawled, head first, through the hole. She stood up on the other side and waved at the boys.
"Kristen!" The boys shouted.
"Climb over it! So long, suckas!" Kristen saluted and ran home, laughing.
Kristen snuck through the door of her house. She tiptoed quietly into the kitchen and peered into the fridge.
"Kristen," a deep voice said.
Kristen jumped and hit her head on the fridge. She turned around, "Dad!"
Mr. Sky was reading a newspaper at the kitchen table. He glanced up at her. Then he looked back at his paper and talked to her without looking up again. "What are you wearing? Where have you been?"
"Soccer practice, duh." Kristen said and crossed her arms. Her father looked at his watch and put his newspaper down. "Soccer practice ended an hour ago,"
"Okay, I went to Cory's house with the other guys. So what?" Kristen said.
"Kristen..." her father said.
"What?"
"You need to stop hanging out with those boys,"
"Why?"
"You need to find some girls to hangout with,"
"They're so preppy. All they talk about is boys and clothes,"
"Exactly. That's what you should be doing, too. Not playing soccer or violent video games,"
Kristen rolled her eyes. She opened the fridge and poured herself a cup of water. She drank while her father spoke.
"You need new clothes, too! Trying wearing a dress or a skirt. No more baggy guy clothes." He said.
Kristen slammed her cup on the counter. "Stop trying to change me!" Kristen snapped. She ran upstairs.
"Princess!" Her father shouted.
"Don't call me 'princess'!"

"Well... this is it," Gabe said.
"Yeah..." Kristina said. She got out of Gabe's car and opened the trunk. Gabe followed and heaved out Kristina's bags.
"I'll visit you," Gabe said.
"I know," Kristina said. Gabe hugged Kristina.
"I'll miss you," Gabe said. Kristina smiled at her boyfriend. She picked up her bags.
"Bye!" She said and ran through the airport doors.
"Bye! I hope you enjoy New Jersey!" Gabe called out.
Kristina met up with her mother at the baggage pick up.
"Our flight boards in 15 minutes." Her mother said.
"Okay. I can't believe we're moving! It's gonna be so hard keeping in touch with Gabe." Kristina said.
"Gabe is a very nice boy. He'll visit you."
"I know that! It's just..."
"It's just what, honey?"
"Never mind. Mom, did you and dad ever have these problems... like when you were younger?"
Mrs. Plaid folded her hands. "You're father and I... we always were together. We never moved apart." She tried to smile.
"Why did you split up?" Kristina asked.
"Various... reasons," she said.

"Kristin, get up! You're gonna be late for school!" Mr. Sky shouted.
Kristin looked at her clock and then rolled out of bed, literally. She stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. "Eh, my hair's fine," she said.
"I picked out some clothes for you!" Mr. Sky said. Kristin looked at her dresser. On top were a light pink sweater and a jean skirt. Kristin walked up to it.
"No," she whispered. She threw the sweater and jean skirt in her trash basket. She opened her closet and pulled out a green Enjoi shirt and jeans.
Downstairs, her father was on the phone. Kristen toasted a waffle and leaned against the counter.
"You're near...? Why...? What's wrong with there...? Just don't come here.... I'll explain later," Mr. Sky hung up.
"Who was that?" Kristen asked.
"Why aren't you wearing the outfit I got out for you?" Mr. Sky said.
"Answer my question first." Kristen said and crossed her arms.
"Wrong number,"
"I don't know, you were on the phone for an awful long time..."
"I answered your question!"
Kristen sighed. "You know I don't like pink or skirts,"
"Kristen, you know what I said last night..." Mr. Sky started to say.
"Owp! Gotta go!" Kristen announced. She grabbed her backpack and ran out the door.

"Excited for your first day of school?" Mrs. Plaid said to Kristina. She was driving their new, baby blue Camero, carefully. The Plaid's were rich. Mrs. Plaid had a good job and earned good money. Kristina was proud of her mother and she was never snobby to other people about their money.
"I'm just.. nervous," Kristina said.
"Aw, sweetie! Everyone gets nervous on their first day of school!" Mrs. Plaid said.
"But I'm a new student..."
"Kristina, you're a nice girl. Everyone likes you. You'll be fine!"
Kristina smiled at her mother.
"We're here!" Mrs. Plaid announced. She pulled into the school parking lot. Kristina stepped out of the car. She fixed the bottom of her jean skirt and looked at the school. 
"Want me to walk you in, Kristina?" Ms. Plaid said.
"No, mother. I'm fine," Kristina said. Ms. Plaid smiled and closed the door of the car. She drove off, leaving Kristina in the parking lot.
Kristina walked into a classroom. Everyone looked up at her. The girls gasped at her clothing and the boys winked and waved. "Excuse me, is this Mrs. Pepper's class?" Kristina asked.
"No," the teacher said. "You must be new. Austin, can you lead her to Mrs. Pepper's class?"
A boy stood up from the back. "Yes ma'am," he said. Kristina smiled at him, but he bashfully looked down and walked out into the hall. Kristina followed.
As they walked, Kristina tried to start a conversation. "So you're Austin?" Kristina asked.
"Yep," Austin said.
"How long have you been here?"
"Oh... you know... a while."
Kristina giggled and Austin smiled.
"Are you rich or something?" Austin asked.
"I guess. But I don't like to brag about it..." Kristina said.
"I mean, look at your clothes! Where is that bag from? Gucci?" Austin said. Kristina laughed.
They finally got to Kristina's classroom. "See you around?" Austin said.
"Yeah," Kristina replied. She walked into the classroom.
"Hi! You must be our new student!" Mrs. Pepper said.
"Yes," Kristina said. "It's a pleasure to meet you."
"Very proper," Mrs. Pepper said. "Okay, class! You guys talk and meet, while I prepare our next lesson." She sat at her desk and did paperwork.
Kristina sat at an empty desk and unpacked her things. Boys walked up to her and offered help, but she denied. A group of 3 girls walked toward her.
"Give her space. Let her get settled!" One said. The boys moped away. "Hi, I'm Mayah." She said.
"Hi," Kristina smiled.
"That's Cheyenne and Brooke." Mayah pointed to the other two girls.
"I love your outfit!" Brooke said.
"Thank you," Kristina said. Everyone's nice. I like it here, she thought.
At lunch, Kristina sat with the three girls she met. They talked and then Kristina notice a girl at a different table. She was alone.
"Why don't we invite her to sit with us?" Kristina asked. Cheyenne looked over at the girl.
"Her? She's a loser. She won't fit in with us." She said.
"Don't you think that's a little mean?" Kristina said.
"Nope," Cheyenne said.
Kristina looked over there. The girl pulled out a sandwich and a drink. That's all she had. Kristina looked in her lunchbox. Sandwich, drink, salad, and two snacks.
"I'm gonna go sit with her," she said and stood up.
"If you go over there, you won't get to sit with us ever again," Mayah warned her.
"I think I'll be able to live," Kristina said and went to the other table. She sat next to the girl. "Hi," she said. "I'm Kristina,"
"The new student, right?" The girl said.
"Yeah," Kristina said.
"I'm Crystal," the girl said.
"Pretty," Kristina smiled and the girl did too.
"Why didn't you stay with Mayah's clan?" Crystal asked.
"I realized that their fake and snobby," Kristina answered.
"Nice," Crystal said and took a bite of her sandwich.
Kristina took one of her snacks out. "Want a cupcake?" She asked.
Crystal looked at the cupcake, then back at Kristina. "Are you sure?" She said.
"Yeah," Kristina smiled.
"Thanks," Crystal smiled back and took the cupcake.

Kristen walked downstairs for breakfast.
"Hey, dad. What's for breakfast?" She asked.
"Scrambled eggs. I only made them for myself though. I know you don't like them," her father said.
"Oh," Kristen said.
"Make yourself oatmeal,"
"Oatmeal? Me? Make it myself?"
"Yes. Make yourself oatmeal please. No more waffles,"
Kristen opened the food pantry and got out a packet of oatmeal. She poured it into a bowl and poured milk into it. She poured too much and just stared at it. "So... how long do I put it in the microwave?" She asked.
"One minute and thirty seconds," her father said. Kristen did as he said. When it was done, she brought it to the table and tasted it. Kristen gagged.
"What's wrong?" Her father asked.
"I think I'm sick of oatmeal," Kristen said.
"Finish it, or you can't hang out with your friends today," Mr. Sky said.
"But it's Saturday!"
"Kristen,"
"Fine,"
Mr. Sky walked out. Kristen ate half the bowl and dumped the rest in the trash. She smirked, grabbed her jacket, and walked out the door.
She went to Dairy Queen and saw Justin. "Eh, who said you could come?" She said.
"What do you mean? We all agreed to come here!" Justin said.
"Hey, don't take things so seriously. I was just messing with ya," Kristen sat in a booth. Justin sat across from her. "When are the rest of the guys coming?"
"I don't know,"
"Figures,"
Justin gave her a look and Kristen smiled innocently.
"My dad's trying to change me. The other day he bought me these girly clothes," she said.
"Did you cry?" Justin asked.
"No! I never cry!" Kristen said.
"Right. By the way, my new girlfriend's coming, too. So don't give me any crap," Justin said.
"Is that all you expect from me? Crap?!" Kristen slammed the table.
"Stop it, you're making a scene," Justin said.
Kristen crossed her arms and slouched in her seat. She saw the rest of the boys walk in.
"What? Are you guys, like, a couple now?" Cory asked. The boys laughed. Kristen raised her eyebrows.
"Ew! No! Why would I date Kristen?!" Justin shouted.
"Stop it, you're making a scene," Kristen put her hoodie on and stood up. She shoved her hands in her pockets and walked out.
"What's her problem?" Pierce asked. Justin shrugged.

Kristina slept next to a tree in the park. A little boy walked over and stared at her. Kristina opened her eyes and jumped when she saw him.
"Hi," the little boy said.
"Hi," Kristina laughed.
"You're pretty," the boy gave her a rose.
"Thank you!" Kristina patted the boy's head and smiled.
"Ben!" A voice called out. Kristina looked up. Austin was running toward them. "There you are!" He said to the little boy.
"Hi, Austin," Kristina said.
"Hey," Austin sat next to her. "I see you've met my brother..."
"I gave her a rose!" Ben said. Kristina laughed. Austin ruffled Ben's hair.
"So, how do you like your new school?" Austin asked.
"It's great! Everyone's so nice to me," Kristina said.
"You do realize why, right?" Austin said.
"Why?" Kristina asked.
"Duh! Because you're, like, rich!" Austin said.
"Everyone likes me for my money? Well, Crystal doesn't," Kristina said. "She likes me because I'm nice to her,"
"Austin like you because you're pretty!" Ben said.
Kristina and Austin laughed. Kristina got a text and looked at her phone.
"No way! Already?" She blurted.
"What?" Austin asked.
"My boyfriend is coming to visit tomorrow! He's gonna take me out to dinner!" Kristina hugged the phone to her chest.
"Your boyfriend?" Austin asked.
"I don't have a ride though..." Kristina said to herself.
"I can drive you," Austin offered.
"Are you sure? I don't want to waste your time..."
"I'm not wasting my time when I'm being nice,"
Kristina stared at Austin. No, she thought. I have Gabe.
"Thank you," Kristina smiled gently.

Kristen unlocked the front door of her house and went in. She saw her father's wallet on the counter in the kitchen. She smiled, mischievously. Kristen grabbed the wallet and looked inside. No money. Dang it, she thought. She felt inside one of the pockets. Her fingers touched paper and she pulled it out. It was folded up. She unfolded it. It was a picture. Her father and his ex-wife. Mother, Kristen thought. She examined the picture. They were laughing. What were they each holding? Two babies. One them must be me, she thought. Who is the other one? We look alike.
Kristen looked for another picture in the wallet. She pulled out another. It wasa picture of the two babies again. At the bottom there was a caption: Kristen and Kristina.
Kristen heard a woman laugh. It came from the living room. Kristen grabbed both pictures and went to the living room. "Dad?" She said.
"Kristen!" Her father said, alarmed. He was sitting on the couch with his arm around a woman.
"Dad! How could you do this to mother?!" Kristen shouted. The woman looked startled.
"You know we're divorced!" Mr. Sky said.
"Oh yeah? And who are these babies?! What are you hiding from me?" Kristen yelled and held up the pictures.
Her father stood up. "Where did you find those?"
"Why should I tell you?! You never tell me anything!" Kristen dropped the pictures on the ground and ran out.
Kristen ran to the empty field by the school. She sat down and held her knees to her chest, blinking back tears.
"Are you crying?" A voiced asked. Kristen looked up. It was Justin.
"No! I never cry!" Kristen shouted.
"What's wrong?" Justin sat next to her. They had been best friend since 1st grade. They fought a lot, but were still very close.
"I caught my father with this other lady," she said.
"Ouch," Justin said.
"Yeah. I've never met my real mother. I've only seen pictures..." Kristen paused. "The pictures!"
"What?" Justin said, confused.      "I found these pictures in my dad's wallet. They both had two babies in them. One of them was me. I don't know who the other was. We looked alike, though," Kristen explained.
"Like twins?" Justin said.
"Yeah! I wonder if when my mother and father got divorced... they split us, too! We were so young, we didn't even know we had a sister!" Kristen said.
"Wow, that's intense," Justin said.
"Love birds!" A voice said. Justin and Kristen jumped.
"Cory!" Justin said.
"You again?" Kristen said.
Cory smirked.
"I would never date Kristen! It would be weird! Why would I ever date her? No offense," Justin said.
"No. Offense taken," Kristen stood up with clenched fists and ran off again.
"Huh?" Cory asked.
"Kristen, wait!" Justin chased after Kristen.
She ran into the woods this time. She sat by a tree, covered her face, and cried quietly. Justin caught up and stood in front of her.
"I don't get it," Justin said.
Kristen saw him and wiped away her tears quickly.
"You're crying," Justin kneeled down.
"I always say 'I hate you' or 'you're annoying'...." Kristen whispered.
"But we're still best friends," Justin smiled.
"It's not that. It's..." Kristen sniffled.
"What?" Justin said.
Kristen touched his soft brown hair and Justin just stared. "I don't want to be best friends anymore," Kristen said. Justin looked confused. Kristen pulled Justin over and kissed him. Then she pushed him away and looked down.
"Kristen..." Justin said, astonished.
"It'll be weird dating me, I know. You have a girlfriend, anyway," Kristen said.
"We broke up. Turns out, she's not my type," Justin said and stood up. Kristen looked up. Justin held out his hand and pulled her up. They stared at each other. Then Justin kissed Kristen. Her back leaned against the tree and they wrapped their arms around each other.

Kristina put on a nice sweater and skirt. She walked downstairs to her mother.
"Mother? Can I dye my hair brown one day?" She asked.
Her mothers eyes widened. "No! Always stay original."
"Okay..." Kristina said. A car horn beeped outside the house. "Oh! That must be Austin!" Kristina said. "Bye!" Kristina walked out the door.
"Oh, sweetie. If only you knew," her mother whispered to herself.
Kristina sat in the front seat with Austin. "Ready?" He asked.
"Yup," Kristina said.
"Alright," Austin drove off. Kristina took a deep breath. "Excited?" He asked.
"Kinda," Kristina said.
"Kinda?" Austin said.
"I don't know. It's just that... Gabe isn't the best boyfriend ever,"
"Why?"
"Well... sometimes he let's other girls flirt with him. And it's always like video games are more important to him than me," Kristina said.
"You deserve better..." Austin whispered. They made it to the restaurant. Austin parked in front.
"We haven't even had our first kiss! I haven't even had mine..."
"Kristina..."
"What?" Kristina looked at Austin. Austin leaned in and kissed her.
"There." He said. Kristina sat there.
"Oh, I'm gonna go..." she said.
"I'll wait here," Austin said. Kristina go out and went inside the restaurant.
"Kristina!" Gabe said.
"Gabe!" Kristina said. They hugged. Gabe lead her to their table. They sat down, across from each other.
Gabe talked. Kristina just nodded. She had no idea what he was saying. Her mind was on Austin. Gabe leaned in a kissed her. It was just a peck.
Kristina felt her lips. "No. Its just not the same,"
"What?" Gabe said.
"Gabe... there's someone else." Kristina said.
"Oh..." Gabe said.
"I'm sorry. It's over," Kristina stood up and ran out.
Gabe was speechless. "What the heck just happened?"
Kristina walked out the doors of the restaurant. She saw Austin staring at the front of his car."Austin!" She called out. He turned around. She ran toward him and kissed him.

Kristen went home. She saw her dad on phone. She ignored it and went upstairs. She fell asleep in her bed.
The next morning, her dad woke her up. "Get up. We're going to the park today. I got to show you something!" He said.
They went to the park. Kristen's father was unusually happy. They stopped by some benches and her father said, "Kristen, this is your mother,"
Kristen saw a woman smiling at her. Black hair, blue eyes. She was beautiful. "Mother!" Kristen hugged Ms. Plaid.
"Not just me," her mother said. She pointed to a girl next to her. "This is Kristina. Your twin sister," she said.
Kristina smiled and waved.
"I was right!" Kristen said. Her and her sister hugged.
"So different, but so alike," Mr. Sky said. They all laughed.
"One more thing," Ms. Plaid said.
"What?" The twins both said.
Ms. Plaid and Mr. Sky held hands. "We decided to get re-married," Mr. Sky announced. They smiled at each other and the girls cheered.

© 2012 Peppy


Author's Note

Peppy
Blah, suckish ending...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Brill :]

Posted 12 Years Ago


>:D

Posted 12 Years Ago


i liked it lol

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2011
Last Updated on January 16, 2012
Tags: dramaticlover, love, poem, story, crush, like, boy, girl, drama, twins, split, twin

Author

Peppy
Peppy

Place, TX



About
Hey, I'm Peppy. I looove writing stories and make a couple of poems. I write scripts on here, then make them into videos and post them on YouTube. more..

Writing
Crush Crush

A Story by Peppy