There once was

There once was

A Story by Daisygirl
"

This is a pre story to The River's Flow but can be read alone.

"

There once was a girl who made her life out of dreams.  Who laughed and danced.  A wild child growing up on the moors.  She saw everything through the joy and innocence of a child’s eyes.  The whole world was an exciting wonder for her to discover.  To uncover.

And as she grew older life taught her that dreams weren’t for the day.  She was taught that there’s more to life than dancing and laughing and the moors.  So she left her childhood behind and visited her dreams while she slept.  

They taught her about wrong and right.  They showed her that her life was wrong.  So she shed her skin and tried again.

And as she grew older she learnt about beauty.  She learnt about love and living right.  The wild child was being tamed.  Her dancing was abandoned, and with it the laughter.  She wore her innocence as a thin veil.  The wonder and joy was gone.

There once was a woman who was as beautiful as starlight.  Living on the dark side of the moon.  She saw the world through tired eyes and a thin smile.  Once she had wanted to discover the world and dance in it’s beauty.  Now it was something better left uncovered.  

There once was a girl who grew up on the moors, and grew up to return to the river.

© 2015 Daisygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how you have described life transition in such a simple yet captivating way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Daisygirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you, the prompt was a bunch of black and white pictures so I tried to reflect that.
Jemma Packman

8 Years Ago

Think you've done that well.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 11, 2015

Author

Daisygirl
Daisygirl

Saltspring Island, B.C., Canada



About
My name is Annika and I'm 16. I love reading, writing, fairy tales and words. Also tea, sweets, and really warm weather. I hope to someday publish my novella The Colour's of Magic and finish some o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Poem by Daisygirl