Dragon Tears

Dragon Tears

A Poem by David Scott
"

The healing power of love and the joy found in the freedom to share tears...

"

Cursed with perfection's mirror,

I could only measure my failings,

Accomplishments piled to mountainous heights,

Like a dragon’s horded treasure.

My bed bringing the envious and thieving,

Snitching as they avoid the smoke and fire.

 

Oh, but I could fly!

A giant soaring beyond the blue horizon,

Only to land spent,

Dumping my treasure gained,

Bound to sulfurous complaints,

Unable to escape the gravity of my atmosphere.

 

I was not invincible.

Deep wounds oozed beneath hardened scales.

Feigning satisfaction behind the thinness of a false smile,

Chest puffed thick with the fullness of pride,

Sucking up years of toxic lore,

Lava burning tender, hidden depths.

 

She found me quite by accident.

Choosing to see the man within,

~ She loved ~ I was undone.

Armored shell transformed to golden sensitivity,

She bathed me in the cathartic tears of my transformation.

My perfection found at last ~ reflected in the mirror of her eyes ~

© 2013 David Scott


Author's Note

 David Scott
Not sure how this translates... be honest. I feel lost with my poetry of late.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To fail, is to get up, and smile... and grow... what would we be without falling a thousand times, on our face? we would be too perfect, which is vain, and narcistic rather a few beautiful scars, and wisdom wrinkles, than a too smooth personality... and to give yourself here in this great poetic story to another by a reflection of her eyes, and open yourself to your true personality, is love, there is only love in the ending, and a great assimilation, the opposite can give to another... really honest, pure, and full of feeling my friend. You maybe not know it yet, but you rock at these ;)

- Elisa



Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Thank you dear Baroness.
I did bare my soul a little here...
You are generous with your.. read more

10 Years Ago

So are you always! dear dear friend. I like your soul open and bare :) you're always welcome Mr. dea.. read more
It's beautiful and deep. We can only really see ourselves in the eyes of another. ; )

Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Hey Blue?
Thank you for reading this. I do love dragon lore... I should write more about drag.. read more
icelandicblue

10 Years Ago

I love dragon lore too. : )
That's quite special , well written poem , and with feeling too :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Thank you Tiger.
I try to write with feeling... Maybe we all do?
Glad you felt somethi.. read more
I know these accolades, how much we need to hold them up like the banners of ourselves, such that only we can see behind them. It is truly special to find someone who will love you despite the truth and the many many layers of imperfections and mistakes and inconsistencies of heart that lurk behind. So yes, this translates perfectly for me and reminds me to appreciate even more, those who love me knowing my flaws... Even though I am one who has never admitted them all to any single person in my life... If such a person can be found and opened up to, one can certainly be undone...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Translated as perfect!! I love the metaphors and fantasy imagery here. Excellent work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Thank you Joshua. I really had no clue how this would feel to others... It still feels a little mu.. read more
joshua deathdealer

10 Years Ago

I love dragons too. You would think it would more of of a popular topic to write about but everyone .. read more
Cursed with perfection's mirror... My perfection found at last ~ reflected in the mirror of her eyes.

Your opening and closing lines frame this poem perfectly. There is no harsher critic than ourselves, and no opinion that really matters as much as the one who loves us.

I love the dragon-treasure metaphor and the images it conjures.

Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Thank you Rita.
Yes, I penned the last line early on and filled in the middle...
Kinda .. read more
"~ She loved ~ I was undone.
Armored shell transformed to golden sensitivity,
She bathed me in the cathartic tears of my transformation.
My perfection found at last ~ reflected in the mirror of her eyes ~"

We are often our own worst critics, but if someone truly loves us....loves the good and the bad, the beauty and the ugliness....we realize we are worthwhile individuals. She say you from the inside out...and that is the way true love captures the soul. Beautifully written, David. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lydia Shutter

10 Years Ago

Oh, yes, crying can be cleansing....absolutely.
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

For a man... it can be far more than cleansing.
To feel safe enough to cry and not feel sha.. read more
Lydia Shutter

10 Years Ago

Nothing offending in what you are saying....and thank you for explaining.
i love this...this is being found...this is showing that no matter how much we own, amass etc. we can lose it the next day...it all doesn't matter...but love does...if we can live for another...possessions don't matter...matters of the heart do.

nicely done, David.

Posted 10 Years Ago


There are so many different angle to this. I can't really think this morning so I'll just give the surface review. In the first line perfections should be changed to perfection's if you are personifying perfection. In the fourth line horded is spelled hoarded. In line eleven "a sulfurous complaints" should be "sulfurous complaints" or "a sulfurous complaint". Line 18 should probably be "Lava burning inside tender, hidden depths". I think that about wraps it up. Love the metaphor by the way.

Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your help.. Even with your thinking unclear you clearly have seen a few ways to kindl.. read more
What a beautiful shedding of the old skin... to release the pain, only to discover her love comforting and forgiving...Now that is unconditional love!
It's blessing in disguise, all the heartbreak infused in tears....no one is perfect, my dear.
You have written a vibrant piece. Heartfelt.

" She loved ~ I was undone.

Armored shell transformed to golden sensitivity,

She bathed me in the cathartic tears of my transformation.

My perfection found at last ~ reflected in the mirror of her eyes ~"~ Poignant write!~xoxo~


Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Thank you Robbie.
I'm so happy you read this. You understand the background more than most..... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1020 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 5, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2013

Author

 David Scott
David Scott

Brevard, NC



About
Much like you... Still, I can only ever be to you what you are willing to see of me. This is true of us all. May we learn to see the best in each other. I am happy to be friends with anyon.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sea E'scape Sea E'scape

A Poem by Frieda P