Jigsaw Minds Imprisoned By Memories

Jigsaw Minds Imprisoned By Memories

A Poem by Sweet & Tender Hooligan
"

Dreamers paint the world how they see it and not how it is... Insensitive monsters pollute the future and shackle our dreams.

"
Never ever had the heart to drift out to sea alone,
Never having the strength to not feel alone in crowds.

There's no escape from the prison of your mind.
All you want to be is different and unafraid,
All we have ever liked fails, dies or gets stolen.

Life's shackled dream of mountain walks.
Everything fails, everyone lies, everything dies
Only difference is how your mind is stitched together.

One of those days when jigsaw people can't be put back together.
Synchronised days drown your mind and make you wish the world away,
 The same way impregnated clouds bury pieces of the puzzle. 

Always something on our minds
I wish I could pollute your mind
(The way you pollute mine). 

Never once have we ever had the heart to leave the past behind,
Never having had the strength to step outside of ourselves.

Too sensitive to see any sense in belief,
Insensitivity of the past pollutes the future.
Negativity of time robs us blind.

What we feel can't make clouds part,
What we think can't stop the earth from trembling.
What you believe won't keep us safe from monsters
But nonetheless flowers will bloom again.

 


© 2011 Sweet & Tender Hooligan


Author's Note

Sweet & Tender Hooligan
Not sure about the title...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow, this was absolutely amazing! the end was so on point! very well written....i love the imagery this creates - it makes you dream and think as you read. iLove it! Title - hmmm, I would have to agree, I think you can dig deeper to find a stronger one that really sets the reader up for the experience you provide. Again, great write! thoroughly enjoyed it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think that the title best suits the poem, correct me if I'm mistaken :]
The pictures had such a lovely meaning to your poem!
I believe that this poem expresses confusion, which some mostly get in a puzzle.
Outstanding :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely marvelous wordcrafting! The title gets the point across, and certainly caught my attention. You could play around with it a bit, if you are truly unhappy with it. It certainly wouldn't bother the rest of the poem :o) wishing you laughter

Posted 13 Years Ago


The title is prefect, because are minds are like puzzle pieces that sometimes can't be put together when we get hurt! Excellent job!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an interesting picture and it links up so well with the 4th stanza.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful poetry here. I just adore your style of writing, it's very raw and powerful. And the theme of this piece was a wonderment, just extracting all these little memories from my mind. You had me captured from your first line because I could never drift out to sea alone, and I don't think I'll ever be able to.

Wonderful job

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think that this poem beautifully shows how complicated our minds are, how we are all imprisoned by dreams, memories and the past. I can't stop reading it- every time I re-read it, I find something I missed before. So much emotion stuffed into one poem! And I rather like the title.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the way you start lines with the same word consecutively diminishes the power of your poem a little, but other than that this was told beautifully and wonderfully, showing glimpses into a dreamer's world.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Life's shackled dream of mountain walks.
Everything fails, everyone lies, everything dies
Only difference is how your mind is stitched together.


beautiful!

Posted 13 Years Ago


For me, this poem expresses the disappointment of our dreams and expectations; what is beyond our achievement as humans (but probably didn't ought to be) - but it also speaks stongly for those whose 'differences' make the world all the more a puzzle... it broadens its scope to encompass those on the autistic spectrum and quite possibly those who with other characteristic differences i am less aware of.

The ending is perfect... whatever our differences, our mental struggles with the world, we can all appreciate the resilience and beauty of natures cycle.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the title, and I like the poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1390 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 18, 2011
Last Updated on March 19, 2011
Tags: mind, life, freedom, imprisoned, past, negativity, failure, sensitive, dreamers, future, polluted, belief, insensitive, time

Author

Sweet & Tender Hooligan
Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Newport, South Wales, United Kingdom



About
I'm Russell from Wales. I've been writing for many years. Writing is important to me and its my only reason for being on this site. I like to take my time on my poems and I hope to keep learning an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..