Gemini 2: The broken heart necklace

Gemini 2: The broken heart necklace

A Story by Dshaman14
"

Continuation of gemini

"

                 The forest  was identical to the forest that exists eons ago. I was still stuck in the middle. A little bit of hope still dwells in my heart. Everyday that passes is just the same�"I’m still waiting.

                 Loneliness in that forest never fades. Insects do come and go. Animals run away as I pass along. I grow tired of this everyday but my dreams of her every night strengthen me to face the day.

                 Screwed up by day, I always went to the stream and daydream about my past�"of how once I have captivated her, of how I once saw her tears dropped on the same stream, of how once she flied when I gave her her freedom. The contentment would make me smile but my loneliness would eventually make me cry.

                 Everyday is just like any other day until one time, as I was busy reminiscing at the bank of the stream, I heard dripping of tears and sound of footsteps. I traced the sound and I saw its source. It was her, with wings broken. She was still crying. She didn't change except for her wings.

I was glad, I was so happy that she returned at last. I went near her but she stepped back. She can’t fly now but chasing her didn't even cross my mind. I don’t want to scare her again. I don't want to see her frightened again. All I want to do is to be close to her, to have her trust back, to let her feel the ease, to let her know that she’s not alone and to keep those tears and pain away.

I want to make her smile but I don’t know how. I tried smiling at her but she didn't smile back. She didn't smile back. She just ignored me. Even with broken wings, still she is evasive. And that evasion is what makes me lose hope.

                I tried to reach out my hand to her, thinking she would know that I won’t do her harm. But instead, she ran away.

               I felt frustrated with what she did. I didn't chase her though. I grew tired of hoping and waiting. I really thought that time would come that she will change her mind. I thought she’ll come back here in  the forest looking for me.

              And I’ll be contented to be close to her, but I think it’s impossible.

              I was about  to walk away and decided to totally forget her when I heard a shout a few distance away, right in the direction she went.

              "It’s not her,” I said trying to calm myself. I started to walk briskly and headed on the other direction but I found myself running back to where she went.

              After running some distance, I stopped dead on my tracks.  I saw her body lying in a pool of blood. Drawing closer, I felt her pulse, it was beating. I saw a nearby stream and I carried her body and washed her wound. I tore a piece of my shirt, used to dress her wound.

Her face was turning pale. I’m afraid that she might die. Fortunately, her wound started to clot. She’s still unconscious so I piled some dry leaves for her to lie down. I sat beside her, waiting for her to wake up.

             Everything became dark except for that tiny light. Then as my eye gotten used to it, I saw her standing beside the stream. Her broken wings were whole again. She faced me. her wounds are gone. Feeling confused, I shook my head in disbelief. She smiled.

I went near to hold her face. But as my hands touch her cheeks, it just passed through her as if she was a ghost.

             With every blink of my eyes, slowly she fades. Everything went black again. I opened my eyes. I realized that I have gone to sleep.

             I went to look for her but she was not there. She had gone away. I saw something glittered at the pile of leaves that I made as her bed. It was her broken heart diamond necklace.

 

© 2010 Dshaman14


Author's Note

Dshaman14
photobucket for the picture

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
1 Review
Added on January 14, 2010
Last Updated on January 14, 2010

Author

Dshaman14
Dshaman14

Antique... where mountains meets the sea.... land of the ____? ^^, Philippines



About
████████████████████████████&.. more..

Writing
Colors Colors

A Poem by Dshaman14


Runaway Runaway

A Poem by Dshaman14


Mr. Teddy Mr. Teddy

A Poem by Dshaman14