Morning After Pill

Morning After Pill

A Screenplay by Jeb
"

Drug addicted teen Timble Wallis deals with the consequences the morning after a high-school party gets slightly out of hand. I did this in Celtx and the true form exists in a .pdf, but when I attempted to copy it here it murdered the formatting.

"

int. bedroom. early morning.

 

Scene one opens, silent on an empty bed, bedside table in view. Little of the rest of the room is visible, as it is still dark. On the bedside table there is a digital alarm clock which reads 5:29, a lamp, and three orange prescription bottles. The clock changes to 5:30 and the alarm sounds. From somewhere on the floor, a single hand flies up and searches frantically for the alarm button, knocking the pill bottles down. He finds the button. Thim groans, sets up on his knees, pill bottle in hand. He opens the lid and takes one, replacing the bottle in the nightstand. Thim is wearing a black button-down shirt, open to a white undershirt and blue jeans. He grabs the shirt, looking at the holes where the buttons used to be. He sighs and swears under his breath, removing the shirt and throwing it across the room. He stands, and walks out of frame for a moment. He returns, grabbing the pill bottle off of the nightstand and then leaves frame again.

 

int. kitchen early morning

 

The scene resumes in the kitchen with Thim at a table, facing the kitchen counter and wall. Only a light over the sink lights him. He is now wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans. With one hand he holds a spoon, eating cereal and with the other he uses his finger to trace a maze on the back of the box. Thim’s father, Wesley, enters the room and pours a cup of coffee from the coffee maker on the counter. He wears a flannel shirt under a slick work vest.  He takes a sip and then turns to look at Thim. He speaks the first line of dialogue.

 

WESLEY

 

How was the party?

 

A flash occurs to a group of people including Thim at a party in someone's home.

 

Thim

 

Meh. Not bad. ((Another flash to Thim and a group of people, drinking heavily.)) Jess's dad says, "hi."

 

Thim finishes the maze and has a short, silent celebration spinning the box back to the front and leaning back triumphantly. Wes leaves the room lethargically toward the camera with a grunt of acknowledgment to Thim’s news.

 

int. car. early morning

 

shot moves to a truck, interior, with wes driving and thim in the passenger seat, staring lethargically out the window.

 

WESLEY

 

Did you get to sleep in the bed last night?((glancing over at Thim like he already knows the answer)) I worry about what those pills do to you. I can't have you wandering around the house all night in your sleep.

 

Wesley's face begins to show the first signs of actual concern for his son after Thim does not reply.

 

THIM

 

Do you know when I'm going to have Molly back?

 

WESLEY

 

Dan says he can have it done this weekend.

 

THIM

 

You know, if you had taken her to a body shop like I asked you wouldn't be having to drag me to school every morning.

 

WESLEY

 

If I had taken it to a body shop, I'd be out 500 bucks. That's money I don't have, Thim... Maybe being forced to get up at five thirty and spend time with your father every morning will teach you to be more careful next time.

 

THIM

 

(Turning to his father. His voice angry, but low)) I told you, it wasn't my fault. ((He turns back and mutters)) F*****g Will.

 

WESLEY

 

You know that I'm siting right here, right?

 

Thim takes the pills from his pocket and pops another in his mouth. The car arrives at the school and the shot changes to reveal the outside of the car. Should be an old work truck in disrepair. Thim climbs out with only a small, drawstring bag.

 

WESLEY

 

I'll be here at five to pick you up.

 

Thim slams the door behind him. It is still rather dark out

 

int. school lunchroom. morning.

 

shot is focused on thim sitting alone at a long lunch table staring blankly down into the table.

 

A flashback begins to the party form the previous night in the same house as before. Thim is in the floor leaned against a couch with a drink in his hand. He looks at Shawna standing across the room, talking to a friend. He shakes his head and then turns as if expecting someone to be next to him.

 

THIM

 

Hey, Will, do you know when Daisy...

 

Thim sees no one is there and looks around, finding Will across the room with Mary Mashburn. A voice comes form behind him.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Thim, right?

 

Thim turns to look with Shawna still out of the shot. The flashback ends and the shot is back on Thim at the table. Will walks in from screen left and sits next to Thim, holding a Monster energy drink.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Hello, my nubile b***h.

 

THIM

 

I really can't deal with your bullshit this morning.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Aw, you're not still pissy about the car are you?

 

A flash occurs to Will spilling ICEE on Thim's lap while he is backing up causing him to floor it into a poll.

 

Because that wasn't my fault.

 

THIM

 

I'm trying to forget about it, although you did royally f**k me.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Hey, I lost my ride too.

 

THIM

 

Will...

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

No, no. Will was my childish, nascent, pre-love-making name. It's just Bill now. More manly, more concise.

 

THIM

 

It's the same number of letters.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

It's less straight lines.

 

THIM

 

You don't honestly think that anyone is going to start calling you a different name just because you fucked Mary Magdalene.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Her last name is MASHBURN, and you just won't because you're innocent, virgin mind just can't comprehend something this complex.

 

Shawna enters the lunchroom and begins looking around for someone. Thim immediately slinks low in his chair. Bill looks at Shawna and then back at Thim as if he is piecing something together.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Hey. There's Shauntranice. Didn't you talk to her at the party?

 

 

THIM

 

Shut up, Will. Don't draw attention.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Why not? NIECE! HEY, NIECE!

 

Will gets Shawna's attention and she begins to walk over. She lights up when she sees Thim, but then looks over her should to make sure no one saw. As she is coming over there is a flashback again to the previous night, where the last one left off. Thim scrambles to his feet and meets Shawna face to face.

 

THIM

 

Hey, yeah. You're Shauntranice, right? Yeah, we have fourth period together.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I know... You want to come get another drink with me?

 

The two walk off together and the shot returns to the lunchroom with Shawna now standing over the still hunched over Thim. Thim begins to lift himself. Shawna is now using her "ghetto" attitude.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Thim, I need to talk to you.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Shauntranice. Nice to see you. How have you been?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Hm? Oh. Oh yeah, you're Will? You're the mark who fucked Mary Magdalene.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

It's Bill now actually.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I don't give a f**k. Thim, I need to talk to you. Get yo a*s outside.

 

THIM

 

Shawna, I...

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

It's Shauntranice.

 

Darren Washington enters the room then.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Ah...I'll talk to you in fourth.

 

She hurries away without looking at either of them. Will sits back down triumphantly.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

You fucked Shauntranice, didn't you?

 

Thim simply puts his forehead down on the table.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

It's going to be a good day, Thim. It's a new world for us, we men. We'll come up with you a more manly name in Spanish.

 

Mary Mashburn walks into the lunchroom now and Will gets up to meet her. Thim takes two pills from his pocket and pops them in his mouth.

 

INT. CLASSROOM. MORNING.

 

Thim sits at the back of a heavily decorated Spanish classroom, looking positively miserable. Will enters the room and sits down next to Thim, a quick overhead shot reveals a buffer of empty seats between the two and the rest of the class, and then the shot returns to being on the two of them.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Alright, dude. You gotta tell me what happened last night.

 

THIM

 

Nothing, really. We got drunk, we talked, we had sex.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

You talked? What the hell did you talk about? The last Lil Wayne album? The best brand of purple drink?

 

THIM

 

Hey, f**k you, don't degrade her like that.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Getting awful angry for nothing but sex. Maybe you took that talking to heart. Face it Thim, you're not exactly the most, how can I put this where you don't bite my head off... "gangsta."

 

Just then a short, blond haired substitute walks into the room, and the students erupt in cheers. The sub looks startled at first but quickly recovers and smiles.

 

THIM

 

Thank the f*****g lord. I don't recognize this sub though, do you?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Yeah, Ms. Wolff. We had her for Chem last week. She's nice, but she kinda wants to be your friend too much, it get on my nerves. But, anything is an improvement over Olga.

 

THIM

 

Satan.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Osama.

 

THIM

 

Hitler.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Sodomy.

 

THIM

 

How is sodomy going to be a substitute?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I don't know, but it's better than that b***h.

 

The bell rings a light, almost comical ring.

 

THIM

 

I still hate that f*****g bell. They said it was supposed to "boost morale." It just pisses me off.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Everything pisses you off. I thought those pills were supposed to make you happier.

 

THIM

 

Only the good ones do that. They give me the cheap stuff.

 

Ms. Wolff walks to the front of the classroom and attempts to quiet down the students.

 

ms. wolff

 

Alright, kids. As you can see, Ms. Fuentes isn't here today.

 

The students start to cheer again.

 

MS. WOLFF

 

I know, I know. I've heard all the stories before. I feel bad for you kids, I do. Fortunately for you though, Ms. Fuentes has just sort of disappeared, without leaving a lesson plan, so I just need to take attendance and I can leave you to your own devices. Just try not to break anything. James Allito, Rosa Alma, Jessica Bagley, Lewis Bennett, Tia Branderson, Riley Caldwell, Anna Camp, Lloyd Colin, Kaleb Dillon, Haley Fink, Bill Francis.

 

THIM

 

(whispering))How the hell did you do that?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Do what?

 

THIM

 

Get her to call you Bill already.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

You just have to know who to talk to.

 

THIM

 

Well, would you mind telling me? I've been trying to get them to change mine on the rosters for eleven years.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Speaking of that, I think your name is coming up.

 

MS. WOLFF

 

Thimble Wallis. Oh, that's a cute name.

 

THIM

 

Here.

 

The whole class starts to snicker and laugh.

 

MS. WOLFF

 

Oh. You're a boy. Hm.

 

The laughter is uncontrollable for some students, including Will, while Ms. Wolff finishes the last of the names.

 

MS. WOLFF

 

So, I heard some of the horror stories from the other classes.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Here she goes trying to buddy up. It's like she's desperate for attention.

 

MS. WOLFF

 

Yesterday, sixth period told me how she lost all of their tests and then gave them all zeroes, and fourth period told me about how they got yelled at for a whole class because no one turned in a project she never assigned. How about this class? What havoc was wreaked here?

 

Anonymous boy

 

You should ask Thimble.

 

The class starts to snicker again.

 

THIM

 

I don't want to talk about it.

 

MS. WOLFF

 

That bad, really?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I'll tell you about it!

 

A flashback begins in the same classroom two months earlier. Ms. Fuentes is standing in the front of the room talking and Thim and Will are in their usual spots  in the back, without the buffer.

 

MS. FUENTES

 

Ju see, ju take the ending of the word, and get rid of it, and then you take the new ending for the "Yo" form and put it where that ending was, to make the word.

 

THIM

 

But, Ms. Fuentes, earlier you said to use the "tu" form, not the "yo."

 

MS. FUENTES

 

No! Were ju even listening?

 

THIM

 

Yeah, and I have it right here on this handout where you wrote it.

 

MS. FUENTES

 

Well, in this one here the yo is the tu, but the tu is no the yo.

 

THIM

 

That doesn't...

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

So! Ms. Fuentes! How was living in Argentina different than living in America? We know how you love to talk about that... and we love to hear it.

 

MS. FUENTES

 

Dere ju go again, Billiam. You call it "America". Argentina is "America" too. If you said dat in South America, no one would no what you mean. Dey would say, "What do mean? We are in America." Same with the "United States" you say "United States" there a lot of states that are united. Dey would say "What do you mean..."

 

THIM

 

That's not true.

 

MS. FUENTES

 

What?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Shut up Thim...

 

THIM

 

No, I'm not sitting through this speech again. Ms. Fuentes, what you said about America is totally true, and we shouldn't be so arrogant to call it America, but that about the United States is just blatantly false. Go anywhere in the world and say "The United States"and they will know exactly what you're talking about. There are no other countries in the world that have the words "United States" in their name in any language. That is OUR name.

 

MS. FUENTES

 

Do ju tink I was bornd jesterday? I am the one from another country here and not ju.

 

THIM

 

Well I have been out of the country a lot, and I know what I'm talking about. However I haven't been to Argentina, so there is a possibility that the people there are just retarded. At least that's the conclusion I'm making off of my sample of one.

 

MS. FUENTES

 

You do no speak to me like that young man! I am your teacher!

 

Thim stands up now and starts slowly walking toward the front of the class.

 

THIM

 

See, I'm going to have to call that into question too. What you do isn't "teaching". What you do is blabber on about things that we don't understand because you never taught us the basics of them and the mock us when we ask questions.

 

MS. FUENTES

 

Well, I am the only one here who speaks espanish.

 

THIM

 

Again, I wonder. I have friends who speak Spanish and they have looked at the things you write out for us and point out that it is terrible Spanish. So, according to them you don't speak Spanish, and you obviously don't speak English, so what do you speak? Or are you just non-lingual.

 

MS. FUENTES

 

Ju! Ju!

 

THIM

 

Oh, shut the hell up and stop even pretending like you understand these insults. Although if there is one thing you should understand in English it is insults, since you've probably heard nothing but that you're whole life. And maybe it's time to consider that it wasn't everyone else being mean, maybe it was you being a retarded, sadistic, ignorant b***h!

 

Thim is now bearing down on Ms. Fuentes, and she storms from the room. The shot returns to the classroom and a very excited Will, a riveted sub, and a distraught Thim.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Yeah, so Thim got taken in by the Resource Officer, Queensby, then Fuentes put us in this seating arrangement to keep him isolated form the rest of us so that his common sense and brass cajones don't spread.

 

MS. WOLFF

 

If she made a buffer why do you sit back there with him?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

She doesn't pay enough attention to notice I'm back here.

 

A few people, including Ms. Wolff look admiringly at Thim now. Thim wipes his arm across his mouth as if to wipe something away while actually popping a pill in his mouth, and the scene ends.

 

int. hallway. morning.

 

Zach is standing at the end of a hallway, with the shot pulled out to show the hallway crossing it. Thim walks up and stands next to Zach.

 

THIM

 

Zach.

 

Zach

 

Thim.

 

A heard of students walk by in front of the two and when the way is clear they turn in opposite directions and go down the side hallways.

 

int. backstage. morning.

 

Thim walks into the back door of the Drama room and looks around. He sees Daisy sitting on the ground with her back to the wall and walks up to her and sits down next to her.

 

THIM

 

Hey, what happened to you last night? You never showed.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Yeah, my mom said I had to stay home and study for a math test.

 

THIM

 

S**t, for Duncan's class? I forgot about that. That sucks, though.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Yeah, how was the party?

 

Here is a flash to some various party activities involving Thim and Shawna.

 

THIM

 

You know, pretty boring with out you there.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Aw... yeah, I heard Jess's parties were kinda lame. Not like Darren's. Whoo!

 

THIM

 

Not that I'd know.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Oh yeah, you never get invited. ((laughs)). Why doesn't that guy like you?

 

There is a quick flashback here to Thim sitting in class next to Darren in a class working on something.

 

THIM

 

Damn, this is like slave labor.

 

Darren looks angry and the flash ends.

 

THIM

 

I don't know. I must've said something.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

You're not known for tact.

 

THIM

 

Nice, who has been using their word of the day calendar?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

I know, right! Between getting me that that and all that tutoring you have saved my English grade.

 

THIM

 

Right... the tutoring.

 

Another flashback begins with Thim and Daisy sitting on a couch with books and papers strewn in front of them. Daisy is wearing a very low-cut top and Thim is visibly uncomfortable.

 

THIM

 

See, Ethan Frome isn't just rubbing the blanket that Mattie is knitting, it uh... is.. uh... a metaphor for. You know... knocking boots.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Oh, Thim, you have such funny ways of putting things.

 

The flashback ends and the shot is back on them in the floor.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Why did we ever quit doing that?

 

THIM

 

Well, you know, you're so busy with the play and everything. Plus, I don't have a car anymore.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Oh yeah, I heard about that. Poor Molly, right?

 

THIM

 

So, what're we doing in here today?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Nothing, I'm sure. Sitting around and saying that we're "practicing diction."

 

Andrew walks up now and stands in front of Daisy.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Hey hey. Come on D, we're gonna go raid the costume room and see if we can find anything incriminating to hide in Duncan's desk.

 

He reaches down his hand pulls up Daisy, pulling her up to him and kissing her. She pulls away looking ashamed.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Not in front of Thim.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Oh, hey Thim. What's up?

 

THIM

 

Hey Andrew.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Did you get that lab sheet done for Flynn's class?

 

thim

 

Yeah. I did.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Alright, man. Oh, I got this awesome link off of XKCD I want to show you. I'll send it to you on facebook later.

 

Andrew and Daisy walk off to screen left talking as they go.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

What does, "incriminating" mean?

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Remember babe, that was January, 5th.

 

The shot slides right so that Thim is on the far left side of the shot. Will comes up and sits in the empty spot next to Thim.

 

THIM

 

Aren't you supposed to be in tech theater?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Eh, Countryman didn't have anything for us to do so I thought I'd see what you musical theater f**s were up to. Looks like it's not much better.

 

THIM

 

Did you hear Andrew referencing the calendar that I gave Daisy. That guy is a dick.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Oh, no he isn't. You just want to think he is because that's the movie plot, the misunderstood guy takes the hot girl from the jerk. Problem with that is Andrew is just  a generally good guy and honestly, you're kind of a dick.

 

THIM

 

You haven't heard the way he condescends to her. Remember when they first met?

 

Another flashback starts with Daisy standing in the drama room with a "Happy First Day of School" sign behind her. Andrew walks up to her.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Hey, do you know when we get started in here?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

You're new at this school, aren't you?

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Yeah, I was home schooled last year.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Well, none of the teachers do anything here, especially not in electives. It's a lot of sitting around.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Sounds like my kind of school.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

It's alright. What's your name, new guy?

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Andrew... Baldwin, no relation.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Oh, so your one of those abstinence people, that's cool. I'm Daisy Buchanan.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Oh, like in the Great Gatsby?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

The what?

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

The Great Gatsby.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

I haven't heard of them. Are they like Dashboard Confessional? That's like my favorite emo/screamo type band.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Mhm...

 

The flashback ends and the shot returns to Thim and Will in the floor.

 

THIM

 

He thinks he is so much better than her, just because he's a little smarter.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

First of all, I find it creepy that you remember that. Second, he's a lot more than a LITTLE smarter.

 

THIM

 

Well, why don't you go have sex with him in the costume room, then.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

You're being paranoid. You don't know that they have sex in there.

 

THIM

 

Just listen.

 

The two stop talking and sit still. In a moment a rhythmic pounding can be heard from the wall behind them.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Damn.

 

Thim takes two pills from his pocket and pops them in his mouth. A whispering can be heard from out of shot.

 

JESSICA

 

Did that guy just take some kind  of pill?

 

SARAH

 

Don't judge too quickly. Maybe he has problems at home.

 

Thim's head drops to his chest and he shakes it slowly.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Come on. Let's get out of here.

 

The two stand and leave the shot, frame right.

 

int. on auditorium stage. morning.

 

Will and Thim sit on the edge of the stage, feet dangling into the first row of seats. Some of the props for the Shrek musical (which will come into play later) are behind them. There is a microphone sitting on the ground below the stage, sitting up against it.

 

THIM

 

How long has that mic stand been there?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Since freshman year at least.

 

THIM

 

Before that. Remember when we were in middle school, we used to have to come to the high school plays and it was there.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Yeah... that's right. People always just kind of step around it.

 

THIM

 

Why don't they just move it?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

They probably think it serves some purpose in the show. Even people in the show would think that. Everyone assumes someone else needs it, so no one moves it.

 

THIM

 

Does anyone use it?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

How could they? It never moves.

 

THIM

 

It could be a structural part of the auditorium, holding a beam in place of something.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

You know they changed the carpet out in here two years ago after that flood. It had to have been moved then.

 

THIM

 

Unless they worked around it. What if you lifted it up and there was a totally different color carpet underneath it?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I think we should move it.

 

THIM

 

I'm afraid to. We don't know what kind of implications that could have. That mic stand could be an anchor holding the universe together.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

"Can I buy some pot from you?"

 

THIM

 

Man, Animal House was a great movie.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Do you think college will really be like that?

 

THIM

 

Nah, that movie was made in the seventies, taking place in the sixties, things were all messed up back then.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I really want one of those sweatshirts like John Belushi had, that just say, "College." No college in particular. Just, "College."

 

THIM

 

One more year man, and we'll be out of this s**t hole.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Yeah. You know, as far as high schools go, this place isn't so bad.

 

THIM

 

This place f*****g sucks.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

That's a given. Just not as much as it could. We could go to Dawson.

 

THIM

 

S**t, so many f*****g rednecks.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

This high school. Not so bad.

 

Thim takes another pill from his pocket and Will looks at him questioningly.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I don't believe they put you on those things just because of that thing with Fuentes.

 

THIM

 

That argument was the best thing that ever happened to me. These things even me out. I just don't have to care quite as much.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Well I care. They kicked you out of the play because of that s**t. I'm in it every afternoon, without anyone I know in there to talk to except for Andrew and you "forbid" me to talk to him. Plus, I'm playing the donkey, wearing that f*****g costume so I look like a jackass. No pun intended.

 

THIM

 

I don't have it much better. I have detention with Duncan today. Who knows what that psycho will make me do. F**k that play, anyway. Casting me as Farquaad and then kicking me out over nothing... and since when is Shrek dashing? The whole point of the movie was that he was hideous. Now, they want to change the script to make him more "dashing" just because Andrew is playing him.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Well, you seem to still be able to show emotion about Andrew.

 

THIM

 

Guess I'm building up a tolerance to these. I'll ask for a stronger dose next time.

 

INT. HALLWAY. day.

 

((This scene is pretty much a repeat of scene 6, but on a different hallway.))

 

ZACH

 

Thim.

 

THIM

 

Zach.

 

INT. ENGLISH CLASSROOM. DAY.

 

Thim walks into the classroom and sits in a desk directly in front of Caleb. Mrs. Flynn sits at the front of the room working on some papers at her desk. She has long, platinum blond hair that is identical to her husband's who teaches Chemistry.

 

THIM

 

Caleb.

 

Caleb

 

Wallis.

 

THIM

 

Did you see the new Explosm yesterday?

 

CALEB

 

No, my internet was down.

 

THIM

 

Eh, it was okay. Another pun one.

 

CALEB

 

Okay, so I have new joke.

 

THIM

 

Jesus. It's not as bad as the "magic beer" one is it?

 

CALEB

 

How did Burger King get Dairy Queen pregnant?

 

THIM

 

((sighs))

 

 

CALEB

 

He forgot to wrap his Whopper! Haha!

 

THIM

 

Do you just go home and put "s****y jokes" into Google every day? Say to yourself, "Oh, I need something to annoy the hell out of Thim tomorrow."

 

CALEB

 

Yeah. Pretty much.

 

The high, tonal bell rings again and Mrs. Flynn clears her throat loudly.

 

MRS. FLYNN

 

Alright, just work on the time line project. You know what you have to do. It's due next Friday, so please actually get to work on it, don't put it all on yourself at the last minute. Jennings, out in the hall you need to take that test. Uh... that's it. Get to work!

 

THIM

 

You gonna do it?

 

CALEB

 

No. Are you?

 

THIM

 

Hell no.

 

Peter comes sliding across the desk behind Thim, who is turned around to talk to Caleb and turns to sit in the chair.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Hey, Button.

 

THIM

 

Hey, Peter Dick Johnson.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

You think you're being clever using my full name like that? That's just like what they did to Barack Obama.

 

CALEB

 

Look Peter Dick Johnson, that's just our name for you. Like you call Thim "Button."

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

That's because he's cute as a button. Why call me by my full name?

 

THIM

 

Because your full name is funny as hell.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Fine.

 

He gets back onto the top of the desk and spins around to the other isle.

 

CALEB

 

There's no way that guy is really gay.

 

THIM

 

No way? He calls me "Button."

 

CALEB

 

But remember in middle school he was a totally normal, totally cool guy.

 

THIM

 

Being gay made him stop being cool?

 

CALEB

 

Wait. Listen. Then freshmen year he started playing football and he became this jock-ish preening jerk-off. And now this year he has started doing Drama, and he's suddenly gay? I mean over the top gay. Always hitting on people and stuff, while still acting kind of manly and jock-ish. Do you see what's happening here? He's just trying to change himself to fit in with the stereotypes.

 

THIM

 

I do drama Caleb, do you think I'm gay?

 

CALEB

 

You got kicked out of the play before it got to you. You're safe. Plus, you joined for a chick in the first place. But never before in history has someone gone so quickly from being a man's man to a MAN'S MAN. It's just not possible. There has to be a middle ground of confusion and self-doubt.

 

THIM

 

You seem to be speaking from experience.

 

CALEB

 

I mean, remember first semester? The incident that I walked up on.

 

Caleb motions toward Mrs. Flynn who has just walked back in the door.

 

THIM

 

I'm still not sure I believe that. It seems a little too far fetched. And you have been known to stretch the truth every once in a while. Remember that "Lynx" you found in your back yard?

 

CALEB

 

It looked just like the picture I looked up on-line.

 

THIM

 

It was the fat a*s house cat from next door.

 

CALEB

 

Look, if I tell you something about that incident that I've never told anyone, and that would make totally no sense for me to make up... would you finally believe me?

 

THIM

 

Possibly.

 

CALEB

 

You can tell no one about this, but you will have to back me up any time I go to tell this story.

 

THIM

 

I have to hear how good this information is before I can agree to that.

 

CALEB

 

Alright... from the beginning.

 

Here a flashback begins with Caleb and Thim's lines being entirely dubbed voice over. It begins with Caleb walking down a long hall, he checks its watch which shows that it is 6:30pm.

 

CALEB

 

I was finally getting out of wrestling practice, and I was totally exhausted because they had make me wrestle three weight classes up that day.

 

THIM

 

That's because no one else is in the super bantum, feather, electron 42 pound weight class.

 

CALEB

 

You're just jealous, fatty. Anyway, I had to just stop by my locker to get some stuff for Duncan's class before I could finally go home. Then when I passed Flynn's room I heard some very quiet, very un-mistakable, muffled noises.

 

Caleb stops in the hall in front of the room and turns to look at the door which has a small window but it is covered with purple butcher's paper.

 

CALEB

 

I thought, "Awesome, I bet I caught Mr. and Mrs. Flynn in the act, this is going to be awesome." I went up to the door and tried the handle, it was locked.

 

He does so.

 

CALEB

 

And then I noticed, that there was a hole in the paper, and I looked inside.

 

He puts his eye up to the hole and then the shot changes to being from his point of view. Peter is situated behind Flynn who is laid out on a row of desks. It is fairly obvious what they are doing, although all that is visible is Peter's back and the back of Flynn's head in front of him. It alternates after this between the scene inside and Caleb's face.

 

THIM

 

None of this is new.

 

CALEB

 

Well, you know. Mrs. Flynn isn't a knock-out or anything, not like some of those teachers you see on TV who have been banging their students, but I mean she's a fine looking woman. I mean she's a 5 normally, but for around here and being a teacher she's a solid 7. And I mean, I couldn't see a lot of her, but how often do you get to see a person who is your superior like that naked, getting it on. It's a once in a lifetime thing. And that's a little... exciting.

 

THIM

 

No. No. You didn't.

 

CALEB

 

The situation got to me. I wanted to take a picture on my phone but it was dead, so it was just this one time.

 

THIM

 

No. No. Caleb.

 

The shot shifts back outside and so that Caleb can only be seen from the waist up, while he drops his pants and his hands disappear off of the bottom of the shot.

 

CALEB

 

I took advantage of the situation and... relieved the tension.

 

THIM

 

Caleb. There are security cameras all up and down that hall. The assistant principals check those every day.

 

CALEB

 

Well, they never called me on it so they must not have noticed.

 

A flash occurs where a pulled back shot of Caleb "relieving tension" is playing on a small monitor. A man's foot flies up on the table next to it, with pants pulled down around it and moans and grunts are heard from out of shot.

 

CALEB

 

Do you believe me now?

 

THIM

 

I... I can think of no reason why anyone, even you, would ever want to make up something that sick. So... yes. I believe you. I guess Peter Dick Johnson probably isn't gay, you however...

 

CALEB

 

I wasn't jerking it to him, it was Mrs. Flynn.

 

Thim turns around to face forward in his desk, looking incredulous. He takes a pill from his pocket and whispers to himself.

 

THIM

 

I need to even out after that.

 

From out of shot people are heard talking about Thim.

 

Anonymous girl #1

 

Why does that guy always call Peter by his full name. That seems kinda weird.

 

Jessica

 

It's not his fault, really. I heard he has problems at home.

 

Caleb turns to look in the direction of the people talking off screen looking surprised by what they said. Thim rolls his eyes, takes another pill and the scene ends.

 

INT. HALLWAY. DAY.

 

((Again, this scene is almost identical to scenes six and  nine.))

 

THIM

 

Zach.

 

ZACH

 

Thim.

 

Int. Math Classroom. Day

 

Thim stops outside the front door of the room and takes a deep, bracing breath. As soon as he comes through the door he is assaulted by Shauntranice.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

What the f**k!?

 

THIM

 

I'm sorry?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Is your skinny white a*s going around telling people you got some of this? You think your punk a*s can get up in this? I would snap yo dick like a twig, m**********r.

 

THIM

 

I'm pretty sure my a*s, hasn't said a word, and my mouth hadn't mentioned it to anyone but Will, so I don't think anyone would even have thought that until you just screamed it out.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Don't get fresh with me white boy. I will f*****g cut you.

 

THIM

 

Shawna, can we...

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Who the f**k is Shawna? My name is Shauntranice, or Ma'am to you, b***h.

 

THIM

 

Okay, Ma'am, can we discuss this somewhere more private?

 

Shawna grabs Thim by his pockets with her hands down in them and pulls him toward her.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

You think you can handle this? Ain't no man ever handled my p***y and pulled his dick out the other side. You want to get me alone so you can make up more stories about some pity f**k. Tell you what, you never look at me straight again and I might let you keep on breathing. Other than that I have no problem putting yo a*s in the grinder.

 

Shawna pushes Thim back and turns sharply back to her desk. Thim walks to his desk on the other side of the room forced to face the curious glances and stifled laughter of the rest of the room. As he sits down, he hears a crinkling in his pocket and pulls out a neatly folded sheet of paper. He unfolds it and it reads in a flowing script "Supply closet, two doors down. Fifteen minutes." Thim looks over at Shawna who he seems to be looking at him out of the corner of her eye. The bell rings and Mr. Duncan comes in the door. And loiters around the front of the room until the students calm down on their own and turn their attention to him.

 

Mr. Duncan

 

Good afternoon.

 

Class

 

(mumbling) Good afternoon.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Uhhh... Your tests are on the table. Good luck.

 

The people of the class file up to the front of the room and grab the tests and return to their desk. Thim writes his name on the paper, and then stares at the paper blankly. He slowly slips into a flashback. He and Shawna are sitting on the floor up against a wall at the same house as before. They each have a drink in a red SOLO cup.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

What kind of books do you read, Thim?

 

thim

 

I don't know... the classics I guess, and I've been reading a lot of Twain lately.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Really? No Jazz age? Expatriate and Harlem Renaissance? Hm... I'm a little disappointed.

 

THIM

 

Oh, yeah. I can totally get into some Hemingway and James Joyce. This just isn't really what I expected to talk to you about.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Why is that? Because I'm black? You expect me to be all thug? Think that the last book I read was a used copy of The Cat in the Hat from Goodwill?

 

thim

 

Honestly. Sort of.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Good.

 

THIM

 

Well, it's been great, really, but I'm sort of expecting someone to show up.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Can you wait just a minute, or until they show up or something? I can't take to talk to one more of these dumbasses.

 

THIM

 

Ah. Cynical misanthropy. Finally something we can agree on, Shauntranice.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Oh, God, if we're going to sit here and talk, please don't call me that.

 

THIM

 

What do I call you then?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Shawna. Just, Shawna.

 

Shawna's voice comes on in a voice over.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

This is bull s**t!

 

The shot returns to the classroom and Shawna is standing up next to her desk.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

I'm sorry?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

This f*****g test. You didn't teach this s**t! Your fat, pasty a*s just sat there and laughed while we tried to figure it out on our own.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Shawna, maybe if you concerned yourself a little more with school work instead coming up with wise remarks to everything I say you would know the material.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I can't help that you say some stupid s**t.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

I can't help that you're stupid in math.

 

THIM

 

Hey, why don't you back off of her?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

What the f**k do you think you're doing?

 

THIM

 

I'm pointing out that he can't talk to you like that.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Shawna, shared her opinion, I'm entitled to share mine.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

My name is Shauntranice, b***h.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Shawna, leave this room and go to the front office. And Thim, you can join me for another detention tomorrow, as well.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Oh, so I get kicked out and he get another detention, just because he's a f*****g white boy?

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Shawna, leave.

 

Shawna storms out and slams the door behind her.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

You all still have a test.

 

Thim goes back to staring blankly at his test, and then glances up at the clock.

 

THIM

 

Can I go to the bathroom?

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Take the pass. Try not to snap at anyone while you're there.

 

He gets up and grabs the pass as he walks out the door. He goes down the hall two doors to the storage closet. He knocks at first and gets no response, and then simply opens the door. He takes one step inside to the dark room and the door closes behind him. The light cuts on suddenly and Shawna jumps him kissing his face and neck passionately.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Oh my God, that was amazing how you stood up for me back there. You didn't have to do a thing and you stood up to the powers that be to rescue me. You're like my very own Heathcliffe or George Bevan.

 

Thim pulls away from her the entire time and finally just pushes her completely off of him.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

What? What is it?

 

THIM

 

What the F**K?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

What? What's the problem?

 

THIM

 

You think you can embarrass me like that, verbally abuse me in front of the whole room and the expect me to jump back on you as soon as we get somewhere private?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Thim, we talked about this. That's not me.

 

THIM

 

I know that's not you, but they don't know that. They think you meant all that. They all think I'm some kind of sick, perverted liar.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I thought you didn't care what those people thought of you.

 

THIM

 

It's not that, but we have over a year left with these people, and no one, not even the most self-assured person wants to have people whispering behind their back, and making fun of them for a year.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I totally understand that. And if we're going to make this relationship work...

 

THIM

 

That's the other thing I need to talk to you about.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

What?

 

Thim starts pacing slowly around the small room, moving away from Shawna.

 

THIM

 

I can't really see any situation where there is any "relationship."

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

What do you mean no relationship? All the things that we talked about. You said it yourself, we hate all the same things.

 

THIM

 

Right, and that's great, but outside of that we're two different people entirely, we run with totally different groups.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I can change that. You know I hate those people, and with you I won't need to hide anymore, I can leave all the pettiness behind, I just need some time.

 

THIM

 

Look, it's just... there's someone else. You know, I was waiting on them last night, when I was talking to you.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Oh... She has a boyfriend you know?

 

THIM

 

What? How do you even know who it is?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

The whole world knows that. People see you two together. The world isn't quite as stupid as you say it is.

 

THIM

 

Well, my point stands, it's not going to work out between us.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

But what about... you know ((whispering lower)) the sex?

 

THIM

 

It was... sex. I don't know what else to say.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

So that's it, you want nothing to do with me?

 

THIM

 

Honestly, I don't see how you could expect me to after the way you treated me in there. Who would want to be with a woman who treated them like s**t in public?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Fine. ((holding back tears)) I have to go to the Principal's office. Follow in one minute so no one will notice us.

 

She turns and stomps out the door, turning the light off behind her, and slamming the door to the closet. Thim stands in the dark for a moment and then the shot shifts to him walking back through the classroom door and across the room to his seat. He sits down and stares at his still blank test in front of him. He scribbles down the answer to the first question and then slowly slips back off to a daydream. Thim and Shawna are back in the same positions as before, inside the party house.  Although Thim is still talking to Shawna he appears unsettled and looks around occasionally, still expecting Daisy to show up.

 

THIM

 

So, where did "Shauntranice" come from? Family name?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Hilarious. No, it comes from my middle name which is Denise, combined with Shawna, and well "tr" is just a solid consonant cluster.

 

She waves her hand in the air as it displaying her name in front of her.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Shauntranice!

 

THIM

 

So why combine them? Boredom? Dream to one day be the most evil wizard who ever lived?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Haha. Nice to see a man who isn't afraid to make a Harry Potter joke.

 

THIM

 

They were good books. I'm not going to pretend like they weren't just because some people consider them juvenile. Who cares what they think?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Apparently, everyone else in the world.

 

THIM

 

Well, those people suck. Just like guys with pony tails and Bon Jovi fans.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Who oddly enough are most of the time the same people.

 

THIM

 

You hate Bon Jovi too?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I'm in the group on facebook.

 

THIM

 

Well, that's all it really takes to actively take part in something, just join the facebook group.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Come on. Let's go dance.

 

THIM

 

What? I thought we were having a real non-conformist moment here.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Well, I can't make a judgment on you as a person unless I see you dance.

 

THIM

 

I prefer to stay an enigma.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Well, let's do something. I can't sit against this wall anymore. My back is killing me.

 

The two stand and walk off screen right. The bell rings back at school and Thim stares down at his paper with still only one questioned answered.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Turn in your tests. Have a good day.

 

Thim stands up dejected and lays his test on the pile. The camera stays on the test with only one answer for a moment before other tests cover it and the shot moves back to Thim who is heading toward the door, but stuck behind people crowded at the door. Behind him and out of shot two people can be heard talking.

 

anonymous girl #2

 

Why did that guy only answer one question?

 

ANONYMOUS GIRL #1

 

I don't know. I heard he was having problems at home and they made him lash out at Pete Johnson.

 

INT. HALLWAY. DAY.

 

((This scene is again just like scenes 6, 9, and 11.))

 

INT. History classroom. day.

 

Thim is already sitting in his seat at the back if the class when this scene opens. Just as the bell rings Daisy comes through the door, pushing Andrew away as she goes. She comes to the back and takes an empty seat next to Thim.

 

THIM

 

Isn't he going to be late?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Who?

 

THIM

 

Andrew.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Oh. Yeah. But, he's right across the hall and has his Mom for a teacher.

 

THIM

 

His mom teaches Calc BC. He's taking senior math already?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Oh, yeah. He's way good at that stuff. Oh, I have something big to tell you though!

 

THIM

 

What?

 

Mrs. Rice walks to the front of the class now and gets everyone's attention.

 

Mrs. Rice

 

Alright Chillins, get out your notes. We have just a TON of stuff to cover today. Come on now. Chop chop!

 

They begin talking again as everyone begins to take out notebooks.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

I'll write you a note... It'll make it look like I'm taking notes.

 

THIM

 

Can't this wait until lunch? This is the one class I actually kind of like. Mrs. Rice's lectures are great.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

No. It can't. Plus, I'm not sitting with you and Will today. Andrew wants me over there by him for a change.

 

THIM

 

Alright, alright.

 

MRS. RICE

 

Thim, Daisy, you done darlins?

 

THIM

 

Yes ma'am.

 

MRS. RICE

 

Ohhhhh- TAY!

 

Mrs. Rice begins a lecture that carries on in the background for the entire remainder of the scene. Thim opens up his notebook and starts flipping through the pages of notes as the shot shifts to show only the pages as they turn. All of the pages are dated, and as they go on there become more and more doodles in the margins of the papers until finally there are only drawings on the pages. The shot lingers for a moment on the last drawing dated 4/22. A folded piece of paper drops on the sheet and the shot pulls back to show Thim picking it up and unfolding it. The notes are read in voice over in the voices of the people who wrote them, not the person reading them, so the lines listed here are the voice over recordings of what is contained in the note.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Ms. Fuentes and her husband were in a car accident yesterday, she is fine but her husband is in critical condition.

 

Thim writes for a moments and then hands it off to Daisy covertly. She unfolds and read it.

 

THIM

 

Damn. The wrong one always gets hurt. How do you know this?

 

Daisy writes and then returns the note to Thim. The writing returns back and forth in this manner until otherwise noted. In between notes Thim takes notes on what Mrs. Rice is saying.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Melissa was in the hospital for alcohol poisoning after the party last night and saw her in there. You don't seem very upset that a guy might die.

 

THIM

 

Is Melissa okay? And if he was married to Olga Fuentes, death is a sweet relief.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

She's okay now, her parents are pretty pissed though. And that's just plain mean, don't you feel bad now because you were always so mean to her?

 

THIM

 

No. Just because she has suffered some kind of tragedy today doesn't excuse her having been a terrible person her whole life. Plus, would you want to marry her? I know I'd kill her the first time she opened her mouth. I wouldn't even make them CSI it either. I'd stand like a hunter over my kill.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

I'll turn this in to the police.

 

THIM

 

You wouldn't dare. I have too much dirt on you.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Like what?

 

THIM

 

Remember that hit and run on New Years?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Truce?

 

THIM

 

Truce.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Thim, there's something else I want to talk to you about. Give me a few minutes this is going to be a long note. I'll do it on a new sheet. You can keep this one, and destroy the evidence.

 

Thim folds the note and tucks it into a pocket on his binder. He holds up his hands at Daisy as if to ask what this is about and she puts up one finger. He looks back at Mrs. Rice who is still pontificating on the Industrial Revolution and begins to take notes again. After a time his mind wanders. He begins doodling and then slips off into another flash back. Thim and Shawna are walking outside of the house when they come up to an area of pavement in the driveway with a basketball goal. The ball is leaning up against the base of the goal. Thim walks up to it, picks it up and starts dribbling.

 

THIM

 

Do you play?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

This whole town is a trip. Even the cute, smart ones are racist.

 

THIM

 

Did you say I was cute?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

You have a certain boyish charm.

 

THIM

 

Boyish? "I'm a man. The kind of man who invented the wheel and made the Eiffel Tower out of metal, and brawn."

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

You just quoted a Will Ferrel movie while trying to convince me you're not juvenile.

 

THIM

 

Hey, Will Ferrel is how brow stuff. Not everyone can talk about a whale's vagina with class.

 

Thim turns and shoots, making the shot. He retrieves the ball and bounce passes it to Shawna. She dribbles it awkwardly a few times and then takes a shot that flies way away from the basket and rolls off somewhere into the darkness.

 

THIM

 

Wow. So you're not a total stereotype.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Do I seem like one usually?

 

THIM

 

At school you do. Not so much tonight. You know, you never told me why it was that you started going by Shauntranice. Is that something you came up with as a kid?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

No, just year before last actually.  See, I was home schooled by my mom through the eighth grade.

 

THIM

 

I guess your upbringing wasn't quite as "Thug" as you say it was.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

No. I grew up in a gated community. My dad is the advertising director for Siemens.

 

Thim holds back a laugh.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Everyone has to snicker at Siemens. Anyway. Darren wanted to play football for a school for a change, so she decided to enroll us in public school. We started out in a school a little more diverse than ours. It had three black girls instead of one. One was a senior, Shiloh was her name, who was a total nerd like me, but we didn't get to hang out that much because I was just a freshman. The two of us, we were... abused. People picked on us, called us names, "Aunt Jemima" was one of their favorites. Even the teachers treated us differently, they wouldn't call on me even when it was obvious I was the only one who knew the answer. I tried out for the plays, and they said even though I had by far the best audition they just couldn't have a black Wendy in Peter Pan. But the third girl, she was a junior, they all loved her. Worshiped her even. At first I thought it was because she was so much more outgoing than us, not afraid to speak her mind, not ashamed of who she was. But I realized that that wasn't it, it wasn't based on character or anything respectable like that. They liked her because she didn't challenge any of their pre-conceived notions. She was ghetto trash just like they expected a black girl to be, and so they all got to have their fun, token black friend, and they could feel superior to her. They didn't like Shiloh and I because because we spoke more proper English than them and refused to dress like w****s. But I couldn't just accept my role. So, that summer I worked out a whole new persona, I learned to walk differently, talk differently, dress differently, even my handwriting changed when I was in character. We moved that summer and I got to start over at a new school, and Shautranice was born.

 

THIM

 

You're one of them then aren't you?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

One of who?

 

THIM

 

One of those people who are obsessed with what other people think of them.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I guess to a certain extent. But, no one wants to be ridiculed for two years. Sometimes its just better to be who they want you to be.

 

THIM

 

Is your brother the same way?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

No. Darren has always been just a big jock.

 

THIM

 

I'm guessing a lot of people don't know this.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

No one.

 

THIM

 

Well then can I ask you, why tell me?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

You always seemed like a nice guy, despite what you try to put off. Plus, you seemed kind of like a dork, like I am at heart. And to be totally honest I thought, "Who is he going to tell? None of my friends." I'm sorry that sounded really mean. I'm so sorry. I'm just really drunk.

 

THIM

 

No, it's fine. It makes a lot of sense. I think you underestimate our school though. The kids are ridiculously nice.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Everyone is nice when things are homogeneous. You know the worst part is? Shawna was my grandmother's name. She died right before I stopped using it. I... I really miss hearing it.

 

The shot returns to the room where a shorter bell has just rung.

 

MRS. RICE

 

Oh, is it third lunch already? Alright, go. But hurry back when it's over, we've got a lot more to cover.

 

Thim and Daisy get up from their seats and head toward the door.

 

THIM

 

Did you finish that note yet?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

No. I'll finish it after lunch. I'm  starving.

 

THIM

 

Can't you just tell it to me now?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

No. Not yet. I've got to meet Andrew for lunch. Is Bill not sitting with you guys today either?

 

THIM

 

Don't call him that. And why wouldn't he be?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

I just thought he might want to sit with Mary.

 

THIM

 

Mary?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Yeah, I heard they were dating.

 

THIM

 

They had sex, but I don't think that they're dating.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Yeah, they decided it in third period I think. Oh, I've got to go.

 

THIM

 

See ya.

 

Daisy spots Andrew and hurries through the crowd over to him. Thim takes another pill out of his pocket.

 

int. Lunchroom. day.

 

Thim is standing in the lunch line in front of Will, both with their trays of food. Thim is turned talking to Will as he checks out.

 

THIM

 

...And then she just gets mad and walks out of the closet.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

You pushed a woman off of you who was trying to make out with you? It's official, dude. You're gay.

 

Will checks out at the counter now and Thim stands waiting for him.

 

lunch lady

 

Have a good day, Bill.

 

THIM

 

Damn, you get the word around fast.

 

They walk to a table near the register and sit down next to each other and across from Caleb who is already seated.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

It's not hard to change you're identity. You just gotta commit to it.

 

THIM

 

So, what do I hear about you deciding to date Mary Magdalene?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Why does everyone keep saying it like that? And that's not her name. It's Mary Mashburn.

 

THIM

 

I thought you were the bag 'em, tag 'em and release them into the wild guy.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I don't know. We just hit it off.

 

CALEB

 

You and everyone else in the county.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I can't help that I'm a playboy.

 

CALEB

 

Yep, that's totally what I meant.

 

The three silently eat for a moment. The shots shift to being from Thim's perspective as he looks around the lunchroom. It then returns to the three at the table.

 

THIM

 

What the f**k is wrong with this school?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

What?

 

THIM

 

What the f**k is wrong with this school? This isn't what they promised us. Everything they show on TV and everything they warned us about in middle school is about how cliquey everything is supposed to be in High School. All the exclusion and evil pranks, but everyone here is so f*****g... nice. Like over there, look.

 

From Thim's perspective Peter is shown sitting down with several kids in football jerseys.

 

THIM

 

Peter came out of the closet and the whole football team is still totally cool with him. Shouldn't they be ridiculing him, kicking his a*s, something?

 

CALEB

 

I'm pretty sure ridiculing is our job.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Shut the f**k up Caleb.

 

THIM

 

I mean come on, where's the homophobia we were supposed to be worried about? I can't be outraged at that.

 

CALEB

 

Maybe it's because they all know that he's not really gay.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Shut the f**k up, Caleb.

 

THIM

 

No, I actually believe him now.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Why? You remember when he said he found a lynx in his yard?

 

THIM

 

Yeah but he told me he jacked off to them doing it.

 

CALEB

 

Thim! What the f**k? You promised!

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Dude. That's sick... It does make me believe you though. Not even you would make up something that messed up.

 

THIM

 

I mean, I would just like a little bit of class contention. Some contention is fun. This school isn't fun. THAT isn't fun.

 

The shot shows a short kid with glasses sitting next to and holding hands with a very attractive girl.

 

THIM

 

That shouldn't happen. The captain of the Academic Bowl team should not be dating someone that hot.

 

The shot returns to Thim's table.

 

CALEB

 

I don't know. Have you seen those guys play? It's impressive. I can't tell you who signed the Constitution from Vermont in under three seconds.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Shut the f**k up, Caleb.

 

THIM

 

There is no "Mean Girls Club" here... it's all one big Breakfast Club, except everyone is still friends on Monday. Where's the girl getting pig blood dumped on her? Where's the suicidal emo kid? There are no swirlies here. No one is getting shoved in a locker. Don't you feel like we're being cheated out of a High School experience? How are we going to deal with problems in real life if we aren't abused here?

 

CALEB

 

I feel pretty abused here.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Shut the f**k up, Caleb.

 

THIM

 

It's the politically correct movement, that's what it is. It worked on us. They tried to make us good, kind people by giving us all trophies and telling us to use our words, and it worked! We fell for it, we're brainwashed, it's health class all over again. If someone cries on a baseball team they don't make fun of him, they console him. People are polite to the special ed kids in the hallways and people are always holding doors for each other. It's sickening. We're embarrassments to teenagers. The worst part is... everyone is so happy about it all the time.

 

CALEB

 

I'm not happy.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Shut the f**k up, Caleb.

 

THIM

 

I just want to see one clique. That's all I'm asking for. I want one time for someone to try to sit down at a table and someone says, "I'm sorry, you're not welcome here." One clique, that's all I want.

 

Thim sits back in his seat, visibly upset, with his arms crossed. There is a long silence.

 

CALEB

 

We're kind of a clique.

 

Another long silence.

 

THIM

 

Shut the f**k up, Caleb.

 

There is another long silence before Thim takes a pill and then gets up and storms away from the table off screen left.

 

CALEB

 

You know, something is bothering Thim and I'm pretty sure it's not the lack of abuse of special ed children. I heard a rumor that he's having problems at home.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

He hasn't mentioned anything to me.

 

CALEB

 

If he is being abused or something I could offer to let him come live with me. We've got a huge basement that's a fully outfitted apartment.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Living with you would just make him ten times madder. I don't think Wesley is capable of that anyway, Thim's dad is a pretty cool guy. Thim is just going through some s**t right now. He lost his virginity last night.

 

CALEB

 

Really? To who?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I don't know. He said he never got a good look at her face, all he knows is that she was a real skank and they did it in the back of her burgundy Town & Country.

 

CALEB

 

My mom drives one of those.

 

Will nods and stands, taking his and Thim's tray and exiting screen right.

 

CALEB

 

Wait. Hey! F**k you!

 

Caleb takes his tray and exits screen right as well.

 

INT. HALLWAY. DAY.

 

Thim leaves the lunchroom and starts to wander through the halls, walking very close to one of the walls, even leaning on it at times. As he goes past a door a fair distance from the lunchroom the door flies open and he is pulled inside. The door slams back behind him and he is left in the room, face to face with Shawna.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

So, I've thought about what you said.

 

THIM

 

Really?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

The first thing I want to do is apologize.

 

THIM

 

That's a start.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I also want to say that I'm ready. I'm ready to give up all the charades and just go back to being Shawna. I wasn't strong enough before, but with you I am.

 

THIM

 

Shawna, there isn't going to be a "with me." We talked about this.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

There has to be. I can't do this on my own. What am I going to fall back on. I'll have no friends no one to talk to.

 

THIM

 

How do you know they won't just accept you?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

You don't know these people. They're the shallowest of the shallow. Change upsets them. You don't understand you don't hang out with them.

 

THIM

 

Well, it's good to know there is still some popularity and class distinction in this school, even if it exists in the mind of a crazy person.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Thim, you have to see that we're perfect for each other. We love books, and old movies, and all that other stuff. We both have problems with our name.

 

THIM

 

Who am I perfect for? Shawna or Shauntranice?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Shauntranice is dead. You killed her.

 

THIM

 

Shawna, even if I was interested in starting something with you, I'm not the kind of guy that you want to hinge your hopes on. I'm cynical, I'm angry, I'm addicted to anti-depressants for Christ's sake.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

No, no, no. This has to work.

 

THIM

 

You're acting insane.

 

The bell for the end of lunch rings.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

S**t. The kids are about to come back in here.

 

THIM

 

See? You say you've changed but you're still afraid to be seen with me.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Shut up and come blend in with the crowd.

 

Shawna peaks her head out the door and then steps out into the people going by and Thim follows. He looks around for her, but it appears she is already gone.

 

INT. HISTORY CLASSROOM. DAY.

 

Thim comes back into the classroom and sits down. He sits with his head in his hands for a moment before Daisy walks up and he acknowledges her.

 

thim

 

Hey. How was lunch?

 

She ignores him.

 

THIM

 

Daisy. Daisy, what's wrong? Daisy. Whatever I did I'm sorry, I'm sure I didn't mean it.

 

A bell rings and Mrs. Rice resumes her lecture at the front of the class. Thim turns away from Daisy and resumes taking notes. His mind begins to wander just as before and another flashback begins. Thim and Shawna are now sitting on the porch of the house, the light from inside lights them and the music can be heard blaring inside.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

So, you know all about my name. Where did "Thim" come from?

 

THIM

 

It's short for Thimble.

 

Shawna holds back a laugh with little success.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Thimble?

 

THIM

 

Yeah, Shauntranice. Thimble.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Was your mom a big sewer ((so-er, as in one who sews))?

 

THIM

 

You don't want to know.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Sure I do.

 

THIM

 

You'll wish I hadn't told you.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

But right now I wish you would.

 

THIM

 

I wish I didn't even know. The story my dad told me for my entire childhood was that it had to do with my nose. He said that mom had commented how it was like a little thimble. It never really made a lot of sense, but i have heard that women say a lot of crazy stuff after child birth from all the pain and the pain medication, and I assumed he took it to heart. It was just last year that he told me what really happened.

 

Here a flashback within a flashback occurs (trippy, right?). Wesley is sitting at the kitchen table at Thim's house when Thim comes storming in the door.

 

WESLEY

 

What's up, kid? How was school?

 

THIM

 

You screwed me again dad.

 

Thim storms past and up to his room. He throws down his bag and plops down on his bed. Wesley comes through the door soon after.

 

WESLEY

 

What happened?

 

THIM

 

There was a sub in lit.

 

WESLEY

 

I see. The full name?

 

THIM

 

Yeah.

 

WESLEY

 

Some one was laughing at it who you didn't want laughing at it. A girl I presume. I hope.

 

THIM

 

Yeah.

 

WESLEY

 

Well, I think the name has... character, its got a story.

 

THIM

 

Oh, yeah, my nose was like a thimble. Great story. That helps the situation.

 

Wesley crosses the room and sits on the bed next to Thim.

 

WESLEY

 

I haven't been entirely honest with you about where your name came from.

 

THIM

 

What?

 

WESLEY

 

It had nothing to do with your nose.

 

THIM

 

Where then?

 

WESLEY

 

I just never thought you were old enough to understand it or accept it. I'm still not sure you are. I am sure that you're not going to like the story any better.

 

THIM

 

I want to hear it.

 

WESLEY

 

You're sure? You can't ever un-hear it.

 

THIM

 

I'm sure.

 

WESLEY

 

Your mother and I, got married young, and kids were the last thing on our mind. We wanted to see the world, go everywhere, do everything. She was a teacher so she had plenty of time off in the summer, and so we would go for in country trips on weekends and out of country trips on my vacations. We were pretty broke for those first ten years, but we were having the time of our lives.

 

thim

 

Sorry to have messed that up for you.

 

WESLEY

 

You didn't mess anything up. You were a blessing. See, your mother and I, we had a very adventurous, sexual relationship.

 

thim

 

Alright, I take it back, I'm not ready to hear this.

 

WESLEY

 

No turning back now. You're already in deep. We did wild things, insane things at times, and because of that we were very open about it, we weren't afraid to comment or make jokes about it. One of your mother's favorite things to rib me about was the, relatively small amount of... expectorate there was coming from me at the end of our sexual endeavors.

 

THIM

 

Jesus Christ.

 

WESLEY

 

The way she phrased it was, "It wasn't even a half-thimble full."

 

Thim stands up now, backing away from his father.

 

THIM

 

No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

 

He covers his ears and shakes his head violently.

 

WESLEY

 

Sit back down, Thim, you need to hear the whole story.

 

THIM

 

I'll try and wait you out, but I'm standing the rest of the way. Just a forewarning, you're shelling out the money for the years of therapy after this.

 

WESLEY

 

Fair enough. Your mother, Thim... Your mother was the most outgoing, most exiting, most intelligent, most interesting woman I ever met, but she had her... problems. One of which was a very addiction prone  personality. One night, over her fall break, when we were on an exploration cruise to the Arctic Ocean, she went out on the deck to smoke, and while she was out there she slipped on a frozen section of the deck and badly injured her back. She lay in agony on the bed the rest of the trip. When we got back to the States I took her to a doctor who prescribed some heavy pain medication. Your mother was hooked instantly, it was obvious from the beginning. This was the early nineties too, when they would just refill your prescriptions for anything, no one took prescription drug addiction seriously. She grew more and more sullen, more withdrawn, and angrier even. The pills are supposed to relax you, but even doctors will admit that there are portions of the population that even things that relieve their pain have adverse affects on them and it will make them... unstable. Oh, she had her good moments still after that, and her good moments were very good, but there was a lot of bad. Your mother had built up such a tolerance to these pills in just three months that she had figured out the maximum she could take to get the best effect without overdose. She was pushing herself to the brink of collapse. Well, during one of the "up" moments, something incredible happened. She got pregnant. We thought it was impossible for us to have kids due to my... low flow problem, but she was pregnant. To be honest I was a little suspicious of her at the time, not sure if it really was mine. I didn't know what this new, drug-addicted woman was capable of, but she assured me she was faithful and I believed her. I still do. Well, I begged her to drop the pills now that she was pregnant. I called in doctors, pharmacists, everyone I could think of to back me up but she didn't listen. She kept taking them at an obscene rate. I told her you would come out addicted to the pills but she said that wasn't going to happen, this wasn't like crack, it was medicine. The time came, her pregnancy hadn't helped her new attitudes any and she started pushing the limits farther to "cope" with the difficult pregnancy. She went into labor and before I could stop her took her maximum dosage, what she had figured out was the most she could take without an overdose.  I rushed her to the hospital, and they checked her in while I was out getting her some water and ice chips from the lobby. They asked if she was on any medication, she said no, and they gave her the epidural. She didn't count the epidural in her OD calculations. While labor was still going on she started experiencing muscle failure, her heart rate dropped tremendously. They had to do an emergency C-Section. They got you out safely and immediately put you on a minor morphine drip, to cope with the sudden lack of meds pumping into you. You were hooked. Five minutes old, and hooked. After about an hour you were stable and she was fading fast, had lost all control of her muscles. They decided to let her see you. She looked at you, and then they handed you to me. And she was just able to whisper, "There he is, there's your little half-thimble full." She died an hour later.

 

Thim comes back and sits next to his Dad on the bed as he chokes back tears. They sit in silence for a moment.

 

WESLEY

 

You're so much like her Thim. Promise me you won't do what she did. Stay away from addictive things. I can only assume you have that ingrained in your system. Promise me please you won't ruin your life like that.

 

thim

 

I promise Dad.

 

WESLEY

 

Thank you.

 

The shot returns to the porch where Shawna sits in stunned silence.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Wow. He... really loved her a lot. I mean to do that to his son to honor her last words.

 

THIM

 

Yeah. He told me if it hadn't been for those circumstances my name would have been Brian Francis Wallis. He kept the Francis as the middle name because that was her idea too, Brian was his.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I wondered why you didn't go by your middle name.

 

THIM

 

More conventional, but in the scheme of things not much better.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

He's really worried about you now, isn't he? Worried about those pills you take.

 

THIM

 

Yeah.

 

Thim takes the bottle out of his pocket, takes the top off of it and starts to reach for a pill. Shawna puts her hand over the opening of the bottle and then kisses him. She stands and then leads him back in the house, up a flight of stairs and into an empty room, the door closes between them and the camera. The bell at school rings and the shot returns to the class room. Thim looks to his right to see Daisy quickly packing her things.

 

THIM

 

Daisy, what's going on?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Nothing.

 

THIM

 

Why won't you talk to me?

 

No reply.

 

THIM

 

Did you finish that note at least?

 

Daisy walks briskly from the room without a backward glance at Thim. Voices are heard from off screen.

 

ANONYMOUS BOY

 

Why did Daisy just walk out on that guy?

 

ANONYMOUS GIRL #2

 

I heard he was having some kind of problems at home and they were making him lash out at everyone. He probably did something to her.

 

ANONYMOUS BOY

 

What a dick.

 

INT. HALLWAY. DAY.

 

((This scene is identical to the previous ones noted except that Thim looks considerably more upset))

 

INT. CHEMISTRY CLASSROOM. DAY.

 

Thim comes in and sits at a table connected to the wall with various beakers and flasks spread out across it. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a lab report and then sits on the small metal stool that makes up his seat. Peter comes in and takes the seat next to him.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Hey, Button. Do you have the last three answers on that lab sheet, I couldn't find them anywhere.

 

THIM

 

Sure, no problem.

 

Thim slides the sheet over to Peter who begins to copy down the answers. Andrew comes in and takes the seat behind Thim.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Hey, Thim.

 

THIM

 

Andrew.

 

Another kid comes in and sits his things down next to Andrew.

 

ANONYMOUS BOY

 

Hey, did you get you some of that in the costume room again today?

 

Thim turns around, ready to yell at the boy but Andrew beats him to it.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Don't talk about her like that! That's unbelievably rude!

 

ANONYMOUS BOY

 

Come on man, sorry.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

You know just because she's not the brightest girl in the world everyone thinks they can bag on Daisy, well I'm sick of it.

 

THIM

 

Hey, she's a whole helluva lot smarter than you give her credit for.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Well, she's no Rhode Scholar.

 

THIM

 

Not in a way you;d consider her smart Mr. Math Genius who has had math lessons spoon fed to him since he was two, but she is extremely sharp and picks up on ideas very quickly.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Let's not kid ourselves, Thim. She is a great girl, the best in my opinion, but I don't expect to have a conversation about Praust with her.

 

THIM

 

Have you ever tried? You're so condescending to her all the time.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

I don't even know what we're fighting about here, we're both trying to stick up for Daisy.

 

The bell rings and Mr. Flynn, a tall man with long blond hair identical to that of his wife, steps to the front. Alright, I'm going to come around and check to see if you have your lab sheets from yesterday done. If you do you can go ahead and get started on the next lab, you need to finish that and then complete the book assignment I have for you on the board. Mr. Flynn begins to make his rounds and Thim turns to face forward again. Flynn comes to his and Pete's table first. He looks over Thim's quickly and checks it off and then goes to Peter's. He intently checks every question before handing it back with a frown.

 

MR. FLYNN

 

I'll check it off for completion, but I would look over some of your decimal points. Also your work gets a little sloppy on the last three questions.

 

He moves on to the next table and Thim begins to read a slip of paper with the next assignment on it. He looks up at Peter.

 

THIM

 

Flynn rides you really hard, Peter Dick Johnson. Your last three answers were the exact same as mine and he didn't say a word to me.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

I know. He's always viewed me... differently.

 

The two go to work on the project in front of them, and Thim reads the instructions.

 

THIM

 

Take the stirring rod and gently place it in the opening. Move it vigorously for several seconds with out cracking the sides, until the mixture begins to bubble over. Collect the material released by the mixture in the pan and dispose of it.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

I like the sound of all of that.

 

Flynn checks off a group behind them and then is seen walking out the door.

 

THIM

 

Okay... Where is out stirring rod? Oh come on.

 

Thim looks at the cabinet next to him and spots several rods on the top shelf. He stretches up to reach it, having to stretch several times to do so.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

...and I like the look of that.

 

Thim turns around sharply to confront Peter.

 

THIM

 

Alright, just cut the act Pete.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

What are you talking about?

 

THIM

 

I know that you're not really gay. Everyone knows.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

What are you talking about? Why would I make something like that up?

 

THIM

 

I don't know... to be THAT GUY. To be unique. All I know was that when you joined the football team you were a workout junkie, a ladies man and a dick, and now that you're in drama you're gay.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

I was in denial during those years. I joined drama because I accepted myself. Do you really think that little of me, to think I would lie about something like that?

 

Thim looks all around the room. The conversation has been hushed and no one seems to have noticed them. Mr. Flynn is still out of the room.

 

THIM

 

Look Pete, a friend of mine... saw you last semester having sex with Mrs. Flynn.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

That's preposterous!

 

THIM

 

I believe him, Pete. It seemed like a solid story.

 

Pete stands in silence for a moment. He looks away sheepishly, and then around at the room.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Okay... I did NOT have sex with Mrs. Flynn.

 

THIM

 

But...

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Hold on. Button, I had sex with Mr. Flynn. I see how you're friend could make that mistake though. Mrs. Flynn is pretty flat and their hair is exactly the same.

 

thim

 

So, you never had sex with Mrs. Flynn?

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

No.

 

THIM

 

But you had sex with Mr. Flynn in her room.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Once, yes. Why does it matter to you so much?

 

Thim begins to laugh, slowly at first and then uncontrollably. He motions Peter toward him and whispers something to him.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

No... he didn't.

 

THIM

 

He did.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Well, I see why you believed him. No one would make that up, not even Caleb Wagoner. Who was it by the way?

 

THIM

 

Caleb Wagoner.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Oh, that's no surprise then.

 

THIM

 

Why?

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

He's totally gay.

 

THIM

 

What? How do you know?

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Hello? Gaydar.

 

THIM

 

Nice. Well, I'm sorry about that. Can we get back to this now.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

It's no problem, sure.

 

THIM

 

Alright. Oh, and can you cut back on the innuendo a little? Now that I know you're not acting, it's sort of disturbing.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Sure. No problem. That sort of was acting just to mess with you. You're not my type.

 

THIM

 

Good to know.

 

The two get back to work and perform after they perform the tasks Thim read out before he picks the paper back up and reads.

 

thim

 

Looks like we're supposed to let this sit for ten minutes.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Awesome. I'm going to go ahead and start reading those chapters for lit.

 

Thim sits back down on his stool and stares blankly off. A flashback begins after a moment. The house is almost empty and Thim and Shawna come down the steps. Thim's shirt is ripped as it was in the opening scene. When they get to the bottom of the steps Thim looks around the room.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Well, it's really really late. I need to go. I think I can probably sneak into my house just fine though. You?

 

THIM

 

I'm pretty sure it now counts as early. Sneaking into my house isn't a problem, but apparently getting home is. My ride left.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I can take you home. I have GPS, just tell me your address.

 

THIM

 

That would be great, if it's not too much trouble.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

No problem.

 

THIM

 

Thank you.

 

The two walk out of the frame. The shot resumes inside Shawna's car with her driving and Thim in the passenger seat, looking like he is just barely conscious.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Tonight was really nice Thim. I'm really glad we got to talk. You know, before and after.

 

THIM

 

Mhm.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I feel like I can finally be myself for the first time in a really long time.

 

THIM

 

Yeah... mm.

 

Thim's head slumps over and it is obvious he is unconscious. Shawna glances at him and then back at the road. Her GPS tells her to turn right and she pulls into Thim's driveway. She parks the car and then goes over to his side, opening the door and basically pulling him out. She helps him to walk, but he appears to be sleepwalking. They go in through the back door and very slowly and quietly sneak up to Thim's room. She attempts to steer him toward the bed but he resists and begins to thrash and pulls away from her while mumbling. He lays down in the floor out of the shot. The clock behind him reads 5:29. Shawna leaves the shot and it stays on the empty bed and clock as she is heard sneaking away. The clock changes to 5:30 and the alarm sounds. The shot returns to the classroom where Peter is cleaning up the experiment.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

Thim... were you even listening? We've got to clean this crap up. Man, you really zoned out there. You were gone through the whole observations. It's cool, you can copy mine in lit.

 

THIM

 

Thanks Pete. I've just got a lot on my mind.

 

PETER RICHARD JOHNSON

 

It's cool.

 

INT. HALLWAY. DAY.

 

They finish cleaning up the last of the supplies and then the bell rings. Thim walks back out in the hall and attempts to look over the crowd. He spots Daisy and rushes up to her to beat Andrew.

 

THIM

 

Hey, Daisy. What's going on?

 

She ignores him and tries to walk on.

 

THIM

 

Daisy?

 

He grabs her arm.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

What's going on? Like you don't know.

 

THIM

 

What?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Don't talk down to me. I'm not a second hand citizen.

 

THIM

 

What are you talking about?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Jessica told me at lunch that she saw you with Shawna last night. I asked around. You fucked her!

 

THIM

 

What?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

"Oh, it was boring with out you, Daisy. Nothing happened, Daisy." Nothing happened except you stuck your dick in some skank!

 

THIM

 

So what if I did? What do you care?

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

If you don't know Thim you're... you're just a dick!

 

Daisy turns, but then turns back.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Oh, here's your f*****g note. Not that any of it applies any more.

 

Daisy shoves a folded piece of paper into Thim's chest and storms off into the crowd. He unfold it and looks down to read it. It is read out in Daisy's voice.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Dear Thim. You're my bff. I love all of your corny little jokes everyday, especially the one about the magic beer. I mean do you just go home everyday and look up "Hilarious jokes to make Daisy laugh?" I love all of our inside jokes, and I love how when I talk you actually listen to me, unlike most people. What I've come to realize is, I think I love you. I'm going to break up with Andrew today and I think that you and I should start dating. Please tell me how you feel, if it's a no, please do it in note form. I only wrote you this one because I couldn't stand to hear you say no. Love, Daisy.

 

int. Art classroom. day.

 

Thim comes in and sits at a table with Will and Caleb. The tables have large sheets of graph paper laid out on them. He doesn't say a word just sits with his head in his hands. The bell rings and Ms. Hall speaks to the class.

 

Ms. Hall

 

Today we're mapping out you're next pottery project based on the guidelines from your rubric. I want you all to get with a partner and draw out your designs in charcoal on the paper. Help each other out, bounce idea off of each other, do what you need to do. I want to see two solid designs from each of you. Get to work.

 

THIM

 

Will, I guess I'm with you. Sorry Caleb.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

No, sorry man, I gotta go be with Mary.

 

THIM

 

No man, I need to talk to you right now. Some crazy s**t went down last class.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

I'm sorry. I can't. I'll talk to you later.

 

Will gets up and leaves Thim and Caleb at the table.

 

CALEB

 

Guess it's you and me then.

 

Caleb picks up a charcoal and starts to work. Thim only looks at him for a minute.

 

THIM

 

If there was something different about you that you weren't aware of yet or you were just refusing to accept, would you want it brought to your attention?

 

CALEB

 

Is it a good thing?

 

THIM

 

It depends.

 

CALEB

 

No, I wouldn't.

 

Thim looks at him a moment longer.

 

THIM

 

Fair enough.

 

He picks up a charcoal and starts working as well. The shot shifts to the clock which begins ticking in ten minutes intervals. When it hits 3:45 the bell rings and the shot returns to Caleb and Thim who are folding the paper and placing it in the middle of their table.

 

INT. HALLWAY. DAY.

 

They go out into the hall where they see Will kissing Mary. The two break apart and Mary begins walking down the hall.

 

MARY MASHBURN

 

Bye, Bill.

 

Will meets up with the other two, and they turn down an empty hall way.

 

CALEB

 

Wrestling practice, play practice and detention. What a sad group we are, eh?

 

THIM

 

How was art with Mary Magdalene?

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

It was just fine thanks. Ad once again, that's not her name. Why does everyone keep calling her that.

 

The three stop dead in the hallway.

 

THIM

 

You really don't know? I know your family is Jewish, but are you really that ignorant of Christian characters? I thought you saw the DaVinci Code.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

What are you talking about?

 

THIM

 

Mary Magdalene was one of Jesus's followers. She was a prostitute. People call Mary Mashburn that because she's a w***e.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

What? No.

 

CALEB

 

He's right.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

You know what, f**k you Thim. You're just mad because I wasn't your partner in Ceramics. You couldn't take that for one second the world didn't revolve around Thimble Wallis.

 

THIM

 

No, the only thing I'm expressing here is my concern that you're going to catch the clap.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Maybe you're just jealous because the girl I hooked up with actually wants something to do with me, still.

 

thim

 

What do you think accounts for that? Your charming personality? No. She thinks she can get a couple more decent f***s out of you before you wise up to her roll as the town jizz jar.

 

CALEB

 

Guys, guys. Hold up.

 

thim and will

 

Shut the f**k up, Caleb.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Maybe it was the fact that I'm not a f*****g drug addict.

 

THIM

 

F**k you, you know these are court ordered.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

You're full of s**t. That court order ran out two weeks ago. You're still taking those because you think it helps you through the day. It might, but it only does it by making you a dick!

 

Will storms off in the direction that they just came from. Thim and caleb walk on in silence. They walk on for a short distance before someone calls out from behind them.

 

Darren Washington

 

Hey, Thimble!

 

Thim turns around irate and yelling.

 

THIM

 

WHAT?!

 

The shot turns to show Darren and Shawna Washington coming down the hall.

 

DARREN WASHINGTON

 

Don't talk to me like that m**********r.

 

THIM

 

Great. What do you two want? Do you want to call me a dick too?

 

DARREN WASHINGTON

 

That and to kick your f*****g a*s. You had the balls to go around tellin' everybody that you fucked my sister, and then you insult her to her face? Tell her she's crazy?

 

Darren is now face to face with Thim, or rather face to chest as Darren is considerably taller.

 

DARREN WASHINGTON

 

Where does that b***h a*s little name come from anyway? Thimble?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I'll tell you where it comes from.

 

Thim looks around Darren and looks as if for one fleeting moment he believes Shawna might come to her senses and tell the truth and call Darren off.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

It talking about his little dick.

 

The shot goes to a close up of Shawna's lips mouthing, "I'm so sorry," and then of Thim's mouthing "You b--," before the shot cuts back out and audio returns revealing that Thim was not just mouthing but speaking out loud.

 

THIM

 

--itch.

 

DARREN WASHINGTON

 

What the f**k did you just say?

 

Darren pushes Thim hard backward and Caleb steps off to the side.

 

THIM

 

I don't know what you're mad about any more. Shawna just admitted she's seen my dick. That means I wasn't lying

 

Darren grabs Thim and slams him into the lockers. The two try to fight but it is evident neither of them are any good at it. It basically consists of Darren slamming him up against the locker and Thim pounding on his back. This continues for about two minutes before Zach runs up seemingly out of no where and punches Darren in the face. Darren goes down after just one shot and appears to be out cold.

 

THIM

 

Thanks, Zach.

 

ZACH

 

No problem, Thim. You're a good friend.

 

Just as suddenly as he appeared Zach walks off. Thim looks up to see Shawna gone too. He and Caleb walk briskly away from Darren laid out on the ground.

 

CALEB

 

I didn't even know you were friends with Zach Martin.

 

THIM

 

We talk.

 

Thim takes two pills from his pocket as they walk away.

 

INT. MATH CLASSROOM. DAY.

 

Thim walks timidly back into Duncan's room.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Come in Thim. Take a seat right here in front.

 

He motions to a desk without looking up from his paperwork and Thim sits in it. He works for a moment longer and then gets up and comes to sit on the edge of Thim's desk. His bad toupee, and hideous blue birthmark above his left eye are very salient here.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

I think I'm a pretty fair guy, and I realize that neither rule you broke to get here is that serious. First day you were eating in my class. I honestly don't care but it's the new school rule so I have to enforce it. Today, you stood up for someone in class. That was respectable, and to be honest I can't question your motives one bit. Who among us hasn't been stricken with the jungle fever at least once? I know I have. And between you and me there have been times where I've wanted to have that girl "earn her an A plus" in here. I know that sometimes you have to follow your heart and what it says, no matter what unconventional paths filled with anger and lawsuits it make take you on. You never want to regret that you didn't follow it. That's the biggest mistake you'll make. Mmm. So, I get it. So, to be nice, I want you to write me one two page essay on mistakes you have made. Could be ones that landed you in here. Could be something else entirely. Finish it before five o'clock and I won't make you come back tomorrow. Sound fair enough? Good.

 

He gets off of Thim's desk and returns to his own.

 

MR. DUNCAN

 

Mm, mm. Chocolate love. ((he chuckles)).

 

Thim gets out two pieces of paper and put his name and the date at the top. Then he stares at the paper. A series of flashbacks occur here, starting with some random mistakes including Thim showing up for school on a Saturday and bringing out a cake for his father before his father tells him his birthday is next month. On the third flash back they start to be Daisy related. The first is the hit and run scene from earlier. Next is their first introduction. Thim is walking, looking at something else and bumps into her in the hall.

 

THIM

 

Oh, sorry.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

No, it's fine.

 

They both turn to go in the same door and bump again.

 

THIM

 

 Sorry, you go first.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Thank you.

 

There are only two seats left open in the room and they are next to each other. They go to them.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Do I know you?

 

THIM

 

Not really, we did have gym together.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

I'm sorry, I don't know you're name.

 

THIM

 

I'm Thim.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Is that short for something?

 

THIM

 

For... uh... Thimoty.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Thimoty?

 

THIM

 

Yeah, my mom is dyslexic. So is my dad.

 

DAISY BUCHANAN

 

Oh. I'm Daisy. My mom is a florist. So is my dad.

 

The next flashback is of the two of them talking in the drama room.

 

THIM

 

Yeah, I think it would be great if you dated Andrew. He's a really great guy.

 

Finally is one of them sitting very close together on the couch from the tutoring sessions earlier as if they are about to kiss when Thim suddenly stands up and walks away. The shot returns to him on the desk and "Hallelujah" (the version from the Shrek musical) begins playing. The shot shifts to Andrew on the stage, with his entire face painted green like Shrek, but more dashing. He sways against the microphone while the chorus does the same behind him. The shot returns to Thim at his desk tapping his pencil furiously. As the music continues he begins writing something furiously on his paper. The shot shifts quickly to Andrew as he starts singing and then back to Thim as he runs out of the room.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Now I heard there was a secret chord, that David played and it pleased the lord, but you don't really care you music, do ya?

 

Thim runs through the halls, viciously turning corners. A quick shot back into the classroom shows Duncan picking up Thim's paper which simply reads "I forgot to tell you earlier. F**k you."

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

It goes like this: the fourth, fifth, the minor fall, the major lift the baffled king composing "Hallelujah."

 

Thim bursts through the front doors of the auditorium and goes down the steps of the seating section, toward the stage.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelu-

 

Thim runs toward the stage and jumps up onto it. In mid jump he picks up the microphone stand from earlier on the side of the stage and comes at Andrew with it, hitting him in the shins with it and sweeping his legs out from underneath him. The singing and music stop as Thim drops the stand and heads toward backstage. Everyone gathers around Andrew who begins picking himself up with a bloody nose from hitting the ground face first.

 

ANDREW BALDWIN

 

F**k you Thim, you dick!

 

While everyone gathers around Andrew, Will walks to the edge of the stage and looks over.

 

WILLIAM "BILL" FRANCIS

 

Damn. Same color carpet.

 

The camera goes back to following Thim as he runs through the clutter of backstage and to the girl's dressing area. He meets Sarah and Jessica at the front of it and stops.

 

THIM

 

Where is Daisy?

 

JESSICA

 

She doesn't want to talk to you.

 

THIM

 

But I need to talk to her, where is she.

 

SARAH

 

She isn't here. She checked out in seventh period for a dentist's appointment. Don't try calling either. She left her phone. I have it.

 

THIM

 

What? No.

 

JESSICA

 

What? Did you think you were going to run in here and make some big romantic gesture and she would forgive you? This isn't a romantic comedy. If anything this whole school is a tragedy. That kind of stuff doesn't happen. Especially not to dicks like you.

 

Thim walks away defeated and head toward the door of the auditorium. Mrs. Miller stops him at the door.

 

Mrs. Miller

 

Do you think I'm just going to let you walk out of here? You attacked one of my actors, I just got an e-mail from Mr. Duncan saying you ran out of his detention, and I've been hearing something about you assaulting Pete Johnson. If you're having problems at home Thim, you need to go talk to a counselor.

 

THIM

 

I'll do that right away. Now if you'll excuse me.

 

Thim pushes past Mrs. Miller and heads out the door.

 

Ext. walkway. afternoon.

 

Thim is now out on an exterior sidewalk in front of the school facing the road that his father dropped him off from that morning. He looks down the road for him before Shawna comes up from behind him.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Hi, Thim.

 

THIM

 

What the f**k do you want?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I want to apologize. For everything today. For being rude, for acting crazy, for the fight.

 

Thim finally turns to look at her.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I didn't want to tell Darren either. He sort of forced it out of me after he saw me coming out of that room with you.

 

THIM

 

Yeah well... No one got seriously injured I guess. Darren is okay, isn't he?

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Yeah, he's alright. You're friend can throw one hell of a punch though.

 

THIM

 

Yeah.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

I also wanted to apologize for the comment about your name. Don't take it to heart or anything. I mean your dick isn't like a thimble. I mean... it's perfectly proportional.

 

THIM

 

Thanks. I wasn't really worried about it though. I mean if you listen to everyone today all I am is one giant dick.

 

From the school doors behind them suddenly walks Ms. Fuentes, pushing a cart with a lot of things from her room. She is mumbling under her breath in Spanish.

 

THIM

 

What's going on Ms. Fuentes? Shouldn't you be at the hospital?

 

MS. FUENTES

 

Hm. What? Oh, Tim. I did no see you there. I am going back there now.

 

thim

 

Why do you have all of your stuff?

 

MS. FUENTES

 

I just quit. My husband and I were in a car accident. It sounds like you already knew. He is hurt but okay. It has put everything in per-spuc-ua-tive to me. I can no come back and teach one more day with these little b******s. You though, Tim. I always liked you. You weren't afraid to speak your mind, and when you did what came out was intelligent, no like the other kids. With them it was all "punta" and "bruja." But you were angry because you wanted to learn more. I can no help you there anymore. You were right, I am no meant to be a teacher. Maybe, I go back to Argentina, work in Government, I do no know. But I know that I hate American kids. Except for you. Even though you are sort of a dick. Adios, Tim.

 

Ms. Fuentes turns and pushes her cart out of shot.

 

THIM

 

Well, that was unexpected.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Yeah.

 

THIM

 

But, what were you saying.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Right. I've decided I can go back to being Shawna, gradually, without help from anyone.

 

THIM

 

That's good.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

But, if for some reason you ever change your mind about Daisy... I'd like it if we could talk again.

 

THIM

 

I think I might like that too.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

Bye Thim.

 

THIM

 

Bye Shawna.

 

Thim takes the pill bottle from his pocket and starts to unscrew the cap. Shawna puts her hand on the cap and kisses him on the cheek.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

You don't need these. You're great without them.

 

Darren and one of Shawna's friends come out of the door behind them and Shawna immediately backs away.

 

SHAWNA "SHAUNTRANICE" WASHINGTON

 

If you ever come this close to me again, I will cut you m**********r!

 

She turns and joins the other walking away. Darren looks like he wants to confront Thim but thinks better of it and walks away. Thim stares after them for a moment before staring down at the pill bottle in his hand. He walks over to a drain on the sidewalk and the road and pours them down it. The shot is focused on his back as he faces out at the road and beyond with the empty pill bottle in his hand dangling by his side. Zach walks up and stands next to Thim, also staring outward.

 

ZACH

 

What did you do that for?

 

Thim

 

It's just... nothing worked out today the way I wanted it to, and I'm sure that these things didn't help.

 

Zach

 

Well, the key word there is "today." Nothing is ever wrapped up all in one day, it can't be, and it's foolish to think it will be. You can't expect your problems to be wrapped up so quickly, because one day is just too small a sampling of life to make a judgment. And even if something is resolved or an era of your life ends one day it always opens up more possibilities, more paths , and more questions. Sure, it's annoying and sometimes it keeps you up at night, but it's part of life. It's those challenges that carry over from day to day that make us get up in the morning, and face the world again.

 

The two stand in silence for a moment before a minivan pulls up to the curb.

 

Zach

 

That's my mom.

 

Thim

 

Alright, hey thanks for helping me out today, you know with the little fight.

 

Zach

 

No problem, man. See you, Thim.

 

Thim

 

See you, Zach.

 

Zach climbs into the front seat and the van pulls away leaving Thim alone on the curb. He looks down the road to see if Wesley is coming and then looks back forward.

 

Thim

 

Can't wait to get Molly back.

 

"Counting Flowers on the Wall" by The Statler Brothers begins to play; after the opening notes the screen cuts to black. The credits roll. End.

© 2009 Jeb


Author's Note

Jeb
I did this in Celtx and the true form exists in a .pdf, but when I attempted to copy it here it murdered the formatting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
Added on July 20, 2009
Last Updated on September 5, 2009

Author

Jeb
Jeb

Dawsonville, GA



About
more..

Writing
Artificial Moon Artificial Moon

A Poem by Jeb