Flip Me Over (Sand)

Flip Me Over (Sand)

A Poem by Breezie Kae

Take me to the sand,
because the sand is blazing.
Make it burn my feet
to a black oven crisp.

Pour that sand into my eyes,
and force my tears to fall down.
Fall down, and drown in golden oceans,
the grains fall down my throat

like a human hourglass.

Exhausted and dry, hourglass runs out of time -
thank God, the sand was killing me.
Yet I'm self-destructive, and I flip myself over -
let's do this all again.

Take me to the desert, or maybe to the beach.
At the ocean, push me into the tide,
in the desert, leave me dying in the cold.
Fill me with sand, I'm not breathing anyway.

Glass and sand don't breathe.

So you can take me to the sand,
because the sand is like fire.
Burn me, cook me until I'm charred,
then flip me over -

let's do this all again.

© 2010 Breezie Kae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good poem. Yes, this is in a way masochism. I think there was a good message within the writing. Everyone has endless pain. I am included. I have done masochistic things before...but this was a good poem. Thanks for sharing. :()

Posted 13 Years Ago


It took me a few rereads to get what the rest of the reviews understood; that it's just someone knowing something is wrong, but in a masochistic way they won't stop doing it, won't stop hurting themselves. Because they like the pain, or because they hope the cycle will stop by itself, or maybe it'll just get better?

The one line that threw me off was the '...leave me dying in the cold.' Everything else is talking about charred, burned, dried and cooked...and then cold. It just didn't seem right.

However, unlike the others, it seems like it flows very well to me. I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love the message. (if im interpreting it correctly) why do we constantly subject ourselves to endless pain? it's so easy to end, yet we choose not to. however, it was a bit confusing, and i find that it didn't flow very smoothly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The message I take away from this is the eternal question, that is, why do we humans insist on subjecting ourselves over and over again to the same pains, going into them KNOWING that they're going to be painful, in the forlorn hope that some small, transient pleasure might be had at the end of it? Whether it's hot sand, or sand wedged into unmentionable places, or sand fleas? Or, indeed, whether it's a love affair, with someone our heart is all the while screaming to us, "This is not right! This cannot end well!"

Posted 13 Years Ago


Somehow this piece does not scream suntan to me, but of suffering the same pain over and over again; someone constantly hurting you maybe?

I must admit it was very weird. Not so much hard to follow, but confusing :S
You're all about the burning sand, but then you say "in the desert, leave me dying in the cold", that definitely threw me off.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very interesting way to describe a suntan? I like the feel of the story. Like we know what we do is wrong but we want to do it anyway. I like this poem. It made me think. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


So Tired... So Tired...

A Poem by A.Lee