Poet's Word

Poet's Word

A Poem by Breezie Kae

Pushing myself away,
I can't bring myself to stay.
I can't bring myself to say,
I admit it, I'm lost.

But am I being pushed away,
or am I just not following you?

Crimson for lies and indigo sadness,
I'd try to keep up if it weren't for your gladness.
I may feel like death, but this death is so fabulous;
I could just meet you there.

But when everything is over,
is it really all that better?

My oxygen's turning so grey and so dense,
it's the poet's word and it makes the least sense.
My heart valve closes, my breathing turns tense;
I couldn't explain if I tried.

But is the poet's word confusing,
or just too straight-forward?

Pushing myself away,
but I'm never far away.
Making distance in a day,
I'm paving this road.

Am I being pushed away,
or am I making progress?

© 2010 Breezie Kae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are paving roads and paving paths...Bravo............................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Love this, Breezie. You're sick with your skills as always.

"it's the poet's word and it makes the least sense." Golden line.

Posted 12 Years Ago


http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This is a wonderful wirte here. I really enjoyed this, a pondering write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like where this poem ended up...in the end wheather anyone wants you to believe it or not you are paving your own road, It's always a choice one makes that starts the pavement.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was an interesting one. I liked it though. The flow was nice for me. Good job. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


When we write, we write with an audience of one - our mind - but we don't write solely for ourselves. The audience is diverse and far reaching, so the poets word cannot touch everyone's heart and make them think, hence -"But is the poet's word confusing, or just too straight-forward?" - for some it's the former and for some the latter.

Keep "paving that road" :)



Posted 13 Years Ago


In our "world" we want to make an impression on people using our words and you are doing just that by showing us what you can do with the strength of yours! Everything you write be it complete and utter shite (excuse the language) or the next shakespearian sonnet makes us a sum of all our parts. We're all individual and wonderful and so different. That's what makes us poets. Write what's in your heart and in your head, and you won't go far wrong :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


The Poet's mind always thinking and looking for a release on to a sheet of paper. I like the conflict in your words. Some answers need time and many year to understand. A interesting poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

704 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ego Ego

A Poem by Breezie Kae


Sweet Allure Sweet Allure

A Poem by A.Lee