3am shift

3am shift

A Story by Semaj
"

It was a challenge

"
Alamr screams off next too him. His eyes struggle too open as the overwhelming sounds pounce. Cats meowing, the t.v still blaring, fan blowing and his roommate screaming off in the distance. Rolling over he glances at the clock. "2:00am, guess its time too get ready." Sighing amd mumbling too himself. Stumbling as he races up too make sure every minute was spent correctly too ensure time too make it too work. Grab clean socks, feed the cat, check light, brush teeth and ofcourse skip grooming.
Turning off his light the last meow he will hear from his cat for another 10 hours rings throught the room only too be welcomed by a shutting door. Grabbing his bike he struggles too lift as sleep was never good nor did it last very long, but he had too. Fighting too lift it above the couch and the make shift dog barrier the bike is planted infront of the door.
As he fills his water bottle at the sink, clouding thought of what will happen today, what will this day bring? Do you give in and stop pushing or sit back with others he deems that fall behind but get paid the same? How is it fair?
But alas the door open the bike clicks as it passes the first checkzone. He closes the door, as the final lock silences fall previous emotions, for all that remains is that finish line 7 miles ahead.

© 2019 Semaj


Author's Note

Semaj
Grammar may suck but as always I welcome critisism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes.. it needs a little work... but it is a narrative that is easily felt by anyone who works for a living.. I would venture to guess that we have all experienced that "3 am shift"

Posted 4 Years Ago


Semaj

4 Years Ago

Yeah it was mainly a dare from a co-worker who challenged me too write this but I never finish it. I.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
1 Review
Added on October 19, 2019
Last Updated on October 19, 2019
Tags: Challenge, work, cats, hmm

Author

Semaj
Semaj

About
I dabble in writing, doing it as a hobbies. Hate all my work and did this for more of a means of getting critic from readers and writters alike. more..

Writing
Click of a lock Click of a lock

A Story by Semaj


Give and take. Give and take.

A Story by Semaj


Echoes Echoes

A Story by Semaj