Couldn't Get This Man's Face Out Of My Mind.” Reviews -  IAM Group Ltd Yokohama Japan

Couldn't Get This Man's Face Out Of My Mind.” Reviews - IAM Group Ltd Yokohama Japan

A Story by Dulce
"

the story of giving and caring for others

"

About two weeks ago, I was out and about as I usually am, running a few errands.  I made a stop to my nearest grocery store to pick up a few things.  As I was walking to the entrance, I noticed a person, a male standing near the entrance.  As I got closer, I heard him say,"Excuse me Ma'am."

I turned around to see a slender, slightly unkempt gentleman trying to get my attention.  I already knew what he wanted after quickly observing his demeanor.  Rushing to get to the door so I could get in and get out, I briefly turned around and said,"Yes?"and he replied, "Would you happen to have any extra change so I may get me something to eat?

Nowadays.these are common scenarios.  There are pan handlers everywhere.  In front of stores, on the corners, and even in the street at stoplights.  Sometimes without even hearing what they have to say I brush them off most of the time because I don't feel like dealing with them.  And sure enough just like I thought, this gentleman was asking for money.  But for some strange reason, I noticed the sincerity in his eyes.   At that moment I felt the Holy Spirit gently whisper to me,"help him." But as usual, I walked past him, shook my head and replied,"I'm sorry, I don't." I walked into the grocery store, got my few things and walked out on the opposite entrance so I wouldn't have to interact with him again.

On the drive home I kept thinking about it.  For some reason, I couldn't get this man's face out of my mind.  I immediately felt convicted and sad that I didn't help him.  I couldn't really understand why out of all the panhandlers I say no to, this one weighed heavy on me.  I knew then that it was because I didn't listen to what the Holy Spirit told me to do, and I was sorry.

Friday morning, I remembered the situation again, I thought about how it wouldn't have taken much for me to give him the change from my coin purse.  I brushed the thoughts off and just went about my day.  Later that day, I again was out and about running errands, the same grocery store was on my list of places to go to pick up some snacks.  As I was looking for places to park (the lot was unusually packed), I had to park further away from the entrance.  As I pulled into my parking space, I saw a man a few feet away from my car.  I took a quick glance and I knew it was him! I was shocked! And I was surprisingly happy! I got out of my car and heard, "Excuse me Ms., would you mind sparing some..." Before he could finish, I smiled and asked him if he was the same guy that I saw in front of the grocery store the previous week.  He said yes and I chatted with him for a bit, asking him how he was doing .  I told him that instead of giving him money, I would get him something to eat.  He smiled and said he would wait by my car for me to return.  I walked into the grocery store smiling because I knew I had the opportunity to do things right this time.  I got what I needed and I bought a footlong sandwhich, 2 chocolate chip cookies and a soda.  As I was walking back to my car, there he was, still standing there.  When he turned around and saw me handing him his food, he started laughing with excitement.  I had never seen anyone so happy! I don't think that he believed that I would actually buy him food.  He thanked me, took the food and walked away.  I got in my car and noticed as he was walking away he did a little fist pump and mouthed "YES!" I drove off and he waved at me again as he saw me leave.

This may not mean much to many, but to me this was monumental.  At first I thought that this was a mere coincidence but then I realized that no, God orchestrated this.  He gave me a second chance.  He taught me a lesson.  He used me to be a blessing to His child.  And although I was disobedient the first time, He gave me a second chance all the while teaching me how important it is to give.  I was overcome with emotion and my heart was SO full because of the realization that God loved me so much that He gave me a second chance to do things right.  All this man wanted was to eat.  God has blessed me with so much, what would it take away from me to help him? My Dad always used to say, "We get to give to get to give to get to give..." It's an ongoing cycle.  Ultimately, God blesses us to be a blessing to someone else. 

I am sharing this story of mine, because I was inspired from the different stories I have read from the group called IAM Group Limited (Ltd.) Yokohama, Japan, Korea.  I believe I can be of help, by sharing my story because they have a lot of members from Asia, Korea, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia.  IAM group Limited ( Ltd.) Yokohama, Japan welcomes all to join their group and also are willing to help you create your own IAM Group to help alleviate poverty.

 

© 2014 Dulce


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on October 29, 2014
Last Updated on October 29, 2014
Tags: iam, group, yokohama, japan, korea, limited, ltdi-am

Author

Dulce
Dulce

Sydney, Australia



About
I love writing, helping to others, travelling and communicating to other people. more..

Writing