School (Classes)

School (Classes)

A Chapter by Dumbass
"

This is on how I think my class' reputation system (or all my classes in general).

"

First off, let's get the basics down. As in "This stuff is stated in the text, but it's still important" type of basics.

There are three categories of reputation. Popular, Neutral, and Unpopular. These are self-explanatory

Each category has roles in it, but some can traverse,

How the role affects (or how much it affects) you is determined by personalities, not what the roles are. The personalities that determine it might not be yours.

There are roles that you can only get by using others roles.

Luck is also a big factor in this.

People with roles that deny luck can me moral or unmoral. This means people can get things they don't deserve. Good things AND bad.

Almost EVERYONE has multiple roles. I, myself, don't find it possible. Although, there are certain cases where someone only has one.

Hi! This is just something about how I think the reputation system works (so far) at my school. Anyways, there’s one thing that either keeps people up at school or makes people feel horrible at school. Reputation. We all know the three categories of popularity (CP) in a class, even if we never thought about it. Popular, unpopular, and neutral. Popularity is determined by what you do with your friends, how many people you hang out with, and your “role”. Roles are not determined by personalities, because if that were the case, everything would be even more complicated! There are roles that can go with all three CPs and ones that can only be put into one or two of them. I’ll list all of the ones that can traverse between CPs.

Roles That Traverse

Liked people can traverse through all CPs even though it is rare that they can be unpopular. That could happen through an event with a very popular person, or if they did something with a very unpopular person. Those events would have the unpopular/popular person to have specific roles though. The popular person would have to be one (or more) of these roles; liked, special, or lucky. The unpopular person would most likely be in the annoying role, but could just be in the unlucky role.

Nerds can also traverse through all CPs. They could be unpopular by how they use their role (annoying), they might also be in the unlucky role, or they could have the teacher’s pet role and use that badly as well. They could blend in, having a few friends, thus turning neutral. They could get ‘popular’ by letting others cheat off of them, specifically popular people. They could also have the lucky role.

Intimidating people could scare people away, so that means they’re unpopular. This could also lead to popularity since this does not connect to their personality fully. If a popular person that doesn’t have the annoying role or the background role gets dared to talk to them or something, their personality could fix their low reputation. People could also just enjoy having someone intimidating as their friend, which would be connected to the lucky role. People enjoying having someone intimidating as their friend could also lead to the neutral CP if you don’t have the lucky role since that brings your chances to popularity higher.

Background people can be either neutral or popular. Being a background person when you are unpopular means you have no friends whatsoever, which is the outcast role (and most likely the unlucky role). Being a background person in neutral means you’re in a friend group, but no one really notices you or talks to you. Same thing for being a popular one, but with either more friend groups or a very popular friend group, which is less likely.

Annoying people can either be unpopular or popular. You can already tell how they can be unpopular, but how can they be popular? Bribing is how. Let’s say there are some really popular girls who like slime. An annoying person has tons, and will let them play with the slime only if they can hang out together. You might be thinking “How does that make them popular? The popular people don’t enjoy the annoying’s person company!” That doesn’t matter. Have you forgotten what I said in the introduction? Popularity is determined by what you do with your friends, how many people you hang out with, and your “role”. The annoying person hangs out with a lot of people, and since they most likely don’t have friends, they make it up by hanging out with popular people.

Annoying people can either be unpopular or popular. You can already tell how they can be unpopular, but how can they be popular? Bribing is how. Let’s say there are some really popular girls who like slime. An annoying person has tons, and will let them play with the slime only if they can hang out together. You might be thinking “How does that make them popular? The popular people don’t enjoy the annoying’s person company!” That doesn’t matter. Have you forgotten what I said in the introduction? Popularity is determined by what you do with your friends, how many people you hang out with, and your “role”. The annoying person hangs out with a lot of people, and since they most likely don’t have friends, they make it up by hanging out with popular people.

Special people can be any of the CPs. By special, I mean there’s something different about them physically. That could also mean that have the intimidating role, which would lower their chances of popularity. This could get others to talk to them more because they’re interested, but the chance of that happening goes down every grade. Being neutral gets more and more likely every grade, though.

Now that we’re done with those simple roles, I have to say one more thing before I get onto the unpopular CP roles. How any roles affect you depends on your personality, likes, dislikes, and other’s personality, other's likes and dislikes. For the “certain-CP-only” roles, personalities just affect how severe the role affects you, negatively or positively. The neutral CP roles would always be people who have some friends, but not enough or the right ones, so there is no need for neutral roles since the traversing roles already have them. So here are the unpopular CP roles.

Unpopular CP Roles

Outcasts are just people who don’t have any friends or anyone to hang out with. People disliking/hating them is optional, they usually have the unlucky role as well. Many scenarios can lead to this.

Unlucky people are people who just got unpopular quickly for no reason, or just no one liked them for some reason they can’t control. (Can be related to the special role)

Fakers usually have the annoying role as well. They try to get attention by being someone they aren’t. They could copy some popular person’s looks, copy their behaviour, etc. Depending on who they think is popular, they might try to act like someone with the intimidating role, which is very common with these people. If they have the crybaby role, their reputation will drop even lower.

Creeps are people who are obsessed with someone that is in the school. Following students and staring at them from afar is really common with them, but to get the creep role they need to creep the creep victim. I don't think I need to go into detail.

•The Crybaby role is simple, they cry easily. That annoys many people. But that isn’t all that can ruin their reputation! Crybabies can lower their reputation even more by using it to their advantage. How so? They can make up something that happened, and the teacher/adult will believe it since the student is crying. They also have a higher chance of getting the teacher's pet role. Although, they can lose their advantages as well.

Just to let you know, roles can mix! Certain roles (like Crybaby) can mix with some popular role then the person would be somewhere near neutral. Everything balances out. Now for the popular CP roles!

•Popular CP Roles


Creep victims get to tell their friends about the creep, and the friends tell their friends, and so on. This gets people to know who the creep and the creep victim is. They’ll probably try to hang out with the creep victim to see if it’s real. (Tips for any creep victims that get in this situation: Act how your friend acts to the new person if you want to be extra popular)

Lucky people are basically the opposite of unlucky. You might have noticed how lucky is added to a way to get popularity a ton, but it’s not easy to get that role. Well, it is, but only if you’re actually lucky. Luck isn’t something you can control. Let’s take the unlucky role, you can always try to gain some popularity. Being unlucky doesn’t mean an automatic game over, that just means extra work. Being lucky though, that’s way less work. You’d have to try to do something bad to make yourself unpopular if you have that role because chances are that you’ll have that role for some time.

Careful people are like fakers, but less idiotic. Careful people actually make it less obvious on what they’re doing and they try to find things like this to help them make it. Careful people will either succeed or make people feel pity if they don’t. If they don’t succeed, people will probably know how low their self-esteem is, and will try to help them. Or pity them, so they'd try to hang out with them.

Funny people attract people to them by their humour (which also adds some charm). Many people will want to befriend them. Funny people are also funny because they know when to stop too. Many careful people tend to try to act like they have this role because they know how successful it is.

Dramatic people are like drama queens. They tend to exaggerate their stories, but they know how to keep it believable. These people are popular because they actually tell interesting things. They can quickly make people lose their reputation, so you should never get on their bad side. If they use that to their advantage too much, however, they'd get the informative role.

Much like the informative role, there are other roles that you can get by either using certain roles well or using it to your advantage too much. These roles can boost or downgrade your reputation. It depends on your attitude towards these roles. Let's start off with the positive roles because they are much simpler to explain.

Positive Role - Roles (RR)

Endeavours are people who took initiative. They started out as neutral, but they decided they wanted to get a higher CP. It is very rare for someone who has the unpopular CP to get this role since you'll need to get people to enjoy your company. You'd also have to make it so it wouldn't be embarrassing to be near you. Although, it would still be fairly difficult as a neutral person. You'd have to figure out how to befriend multiple people (who are popular). If you don't befriend any popular people, you'd be in the middle. That role is the amuser role.

•The amuser role was just explained in the endeavour role, but you might of not read it. You would try to befriend a lot of people, you would succeed, but the people with the popular CP rank would not befriend them. This would not be a failure, but they had not succeeded in their initial task. They have, however, befriended most of the class/school.

Friendly people just gained popularity by being themselves. Now, no personality really applies to this because the people around them have different likes/dislikes than the normal school settings nowadays. If most of the people (who have decent roles) are kind, the friendly person would be kind to. If everyone that has decent roles are athletic and hate the crybaby role, the friendly person would be the opposite of the crybaby and would be athletic. The reason why this doesn't automatically make it luck is because it has to do with you. It has to do with your personality and others'.

Trickers are people who take advantage of their role/CP rank/other people and get away with it. They would be discrete, or maybe everyone around them isn't exactly that smart. It doesn't matter how, but they get away with using their own little tricks to get what they want, or at least something close to what they want.

As you can tell, there aren't many. It's like a pyramid. The top layers would be bigger if the layer underneath it was not there. Although, without those layers, they would not be the same layers. If you don't get what I'm saying, here's the simple explanation. When a role can be the reason other roles exist, there won't be many of those other roles. They don't have any variety. Now, for the negative ones.

Negative RRs

•People who tried are the people who tried to endeavour, but failed. Instead of seeming better or smart, they seemed annoying or nosey. Let's say someone tried to get some information about someone so they could befriend them, but they didn't make it discrete about what they wanted to know. Being discrete is key to being an endeavour/amuser/careful person.

Exploiters are people who used things to their advantage either too much or aren't discrete about it. People begin to dislike them and spread rumours/events about them when this happens, it would be very rare to even climb back up to a neutral CP after getting this role.

Unfortunate people are very similar to the unlucky people. Most of the time, the unlucky role goes with the unfortunate role. Although, for the unlucky role, people just don't like you. That's it. There wouldn't be any reason to it, they just didn't like you. However, unfortunate people do have a reason to be disliked. Not a great reason, but still a reason. It would either be for their personality or something they've done a long time ago.

That's just about it for those roles. Remember how I stated that roles can mix to create your reputation, and you don't need to have only one? Yeah, do you also remember when I said how the role affects you is based on likes, dislikes, and personalities from you and other people? I'm going to talk about it more now.

Luck Explanation

Roles can be very complicated, but we know that already. A person can have a cheerful personality but still have the unfortunate role. Someone could have the crybaby role but would have multiple positive roles that would keep their reputation up. If someone only has bad roles, they would automatically have the unlucky role. If someone only has positive roles, they would automatically get the lucky role. 

Luck isn't always fair though. Someone who would have easily gotten the friendly role would get the unlucky role because everyone just wants to ignore them. There wouldn't be a reason, people just don't like them. Although, someone who would easily have gotten the creep role would get the lucky role because everyone either hates the person they creep on, or just don't care. Or maybe people didn't believe the creep victim. The creep victim role would become the unfortunate role in that situation.

With all this luck in mind, is there a way to get past luck? Is there a way to cheat the system that already cheats? Yes. Yes, there is. May I present to you...

Luck Problems. (LP)

Luck deniers are like endeavours. They figure out a way to cheat the system and they befriend people. They'd befriend people until their unfair role was taken away. Or maybe luck decided to be fair. Here's an example of luck deciding to be fair. Remember that creep victim who got the unfortunate role? People spotted the creep creeping on the creep victim, (most likely a person with the dramatic role for this to work) and they tell someone/people. The creep victim now has all the gains of normal creep victims, and maybe even more!

•Now the creep would get the luck lost role after that. They got their luck, but it was taken away for the greater good. Maybe it was from what the example showed, the person continuing on their bad ways. Although, it could also be the unlucky role just kicking in for no reason.

Now, don't think these roles can only be used for good. People with roles that deny luck can be moral or unmoral. Let's say someone with the friendly role randomly just gets the annoying role. People would find them annoying for whatever reason (like gossip) and would stop hanging out with them. This would either give them the unlucky role as well or the unfortunate role as well. This would be a bad luck lost scenario. Here's a bad luck denier scenario. A creep got caught, but he started to befriend the new kid. The new kid befriended popular people, so the popular people just accepted the creep. The creep got their reputation back even though they never deserved it.



© 2018 Dumbass


Author's Note

Dumbass
This is here because I tried to post this no a different website, but it wanted some details I didn't want to share.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on December 6, 2018
Last Updated on December 6, 2018
Tags: reputation, school reputation, reputation system, reputation systems, school reputation systems


Author

Dumbass
Dumbass

Mississuaga, Ontario, Canada



About
Hi! I'm pretty new here, so there's not really anything to put here. more..

Writing
Reputation Reputation

A Book by Dumbass