Placebo

Placebo

A Story by Yellow Whale
"

The rich vs the poor, a battle that has been going on since the beginning of time. However, can love blossom between the two?

"
  • Prologue My evening starts with a devastating growl. Not a single drop of water since yesterdays morning. Those lucky cowards don’t care about me or my people any more. It’s exactly like we're two completely different beings, and like all fairy tales there’s always a ‘good guy’ and a ‘bad guy’. Unfortunately, those cowards classed us all as the ‘bad guys’. They think that each and every one of us are drug addicts or alcoholics. They don’t realize that I would give up my life for one like theirs, those lucky b******s! As the day begins to darken, and the wind begins to spread through the cold, arctic air, I begin to make my way towards my tree. Set in the beautiful scenery of Hyde Park, my beautiful home relaxes in the setting sun. She just remains there, my beautiful home, tree and wife. The only thing man hasn't created in this devastating land. Where there was war, she was there. Where there was woe she was there. And where there was hatred, she was there. But where there is love, she will always remain. My wife is the only reason I still remain on this Earth. At peak times she’s the only one I can depend on. My sweet, darling Caroline. As the b******s pass me by, they make ghastly faces, as if I’m some kind of perpetrator, or mad man. They don’t know the truth about me...

    Chapter 1 The morning quickly arrives, and my daily ritual begins once again- just simply survive. I slowly rise off my darling Caroline, leaving the flattened grass to rise up once again. I gaze upwards peering at the grey clouded sky. “Not so bad for the middle of winter”, comes a soothing voice from behind me. I gaze around, facing the owner of the voice. She looks at me with her eyes exactly like ice, and her fiery red hair fluttering in the wind. As we lock eye contact, I catch her poppy red cheeks lift up into a smile. “Hi”, she says, as she tries to flick her hair away from her face, “Good morning, it’s really amazing that I’m able to meet you here today, maybe its even fate that we were able to encounter each other this morning”. She continues speaking as I just stand there completely star struck. She’s actually talking to me. Not even just talking, speaking, no abusive language escaping from her perfect lips. I must be dreaming, I mean... I suddenly come into my senses- she wants something. As she takes a step closer, my body is set up to emergency mode. I must protect my Caroline! “Stop!” I yell out. She pauses, mid-speech, and then gazes at me. My heart begins to beat faster and faster. “Please”, I say, “Don’t come any closer”. She stares at me, eyes widened. I then notice her eyes beginning to move. She’s trying to tell me something. “Please!” I beg, trying to stop her from saying anything else. But it’s too late. “I love you.” As these words escape from her precious lips, she begins to make her way towards me. I feel my body completely paralyzed, in love. Is this even possible? I think to myself. And before I know it I feel her warm arms curling around my body. Her head resting peacefully on my shoulder, and the sweet smell of her perfume lighting up my body. Yes it is I think, Love, I call to mind. Yes it is, I repeat, as my heart skips a beat.

    By Abbigail Adewoyin

© 2013 Yellow Whale


Author's Note

Yellow Whale
Hi. This is the beginning of my FIRST EVER novel! ^^
I hope you like.
Could you please give constructive criticism on how I could continue and make story appeal to more people.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! What a start to a novel! I love the prologue at both the vagueness and anticipation. You really left me wanting more and I really want to get to know these characters. I'm am so sorry that I can offer no criticism except please continue writing this. I'm in love already.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yellow Whale

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I'm really, really, really happy that you enjoyed it. I'll continue writing rig.. read more



Reviews

Wow! What a start to a novel! I love the prologue at both the vagueness and anticipation. You really left me wanting more and I really want to get to know these characters. I'm am so sorry that I can offer no criticism except please continue writing this. I'm in love already.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yellow Whale

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I'm really, really, really happy that you enjoyed it. I'll continue writing rig.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Added on November 30, 2013
Last Updated on November 30, 2013
Tags: Romance, Fantasy, Melodrama

Author

Yellow Whale
Yellow Whale

London, Kent, United Kingdom



Writing
Crazy Crazy

A Story by Yellow Whale