A Boy’s Lost Childhood

A Boy’s Lost Childhood

A Story by Durangil Estalio
"

another take on the child soldier issues

"

A Boy’s Lost Childhood

Recently life has been hard, we suffer constant attacks from the GLF. Last week they came and killed more men, dragged them out of their homes and chopped them into little pieces. I wonder if they know what it’s like to watch friends and family murdered what it’s like to have to pay for their “protection.” The government has abandoned us, they claimed us to be a rebel territory. They have announced that they will send no aid, we are completely alone, we have to find our own out, our own way to survive.

            They came and gathered all the men in their 30s today. I’m not sure what they do with those they cart away but I’ve heard stories as well as I know what they tried to do to me. Some say that the GLD keep some of those they take as sex slaves and force the ones that no one wants to fight as gladiators. Others say that they feed them and set them off in a direction as if to set them free. Then not 10 minutes later they send men on horses with swords after them to see who can kill most efficiently as well as to make sure their horse and swordsmanship skills are up to par. All I can say is true is that a few months ago my brother and I were carted away. When we got their a big burly man came by and he grabbed both my brother and I. when he got us home he forced my brother into many sexual acts that ended in my brother being castrated, mutilated and tortured to death with a kukri that the man had put in the fire to prolong the torture by decreasing blood loss. He was going to do the same to me the next night fortunately I escaped but I still remember the blood curdling screams of men and women that echoed through that camp. I’m the only one that made it back that night. I hope dad’s ok, but i know he wont be.

© 2011 Durangil Estalio


Author's Note

Durangil Estalio
please leave a review i've never done this kind of writing before so i'd love comments

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very deep. Very emotional. You captured the emotion beautifully

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on February 24, 2011

Author

Durangil Estalio
Durangil Estalio

woodstock, Ontario, Canada



About
hi im a kid just like the rest of you. i love to play guitar and write things anything from poems to adult storys(please dont read the adult story's if you have a problem with homosexuality) and yeah .. more..

Writing