Alluring Sweet Nothings

Alluring Sweet Nothings

A Poem by Daniel Valentine Rivera
"

Written: March 28, 2015

"
Hey, I'm not very good at talking to girls out of the blue.
But let me start by saying it's such a pleasure to meet you. 

Relax because the only thing I want do is talk for a bit. 
Get to know me first and I swear you won't ever regret it. 

Please forgive me if I'm bothering you or coming off too strong.  
Just give me a few minutes of your time, I promise I won't take long. 

Perhaps the conversation would flow better if you told me your name.  
Tell me a little bit about yourself and in return I'll do the same. 

I can tell you're interested even-though you may think the feeling is clandestine.  
But the thing about me is I know to treat a women like a princess so pristine. 

It's the impact of your beauty that captivates me the most. 
Making me wonder how much would I give for me to have you close. 

Is there someone in the picture who values and appreciates your elegance? 
Someone who cherishes and respects you every time you're in his presences?

If not then let me say, what a shame it is that you're going unnoticed.  
Because I'd be there to lift your spirits even when you're at your lowest. 

If you were with me, your tears would fade as if you couldn't feel pain.
You'd have nothing to lose because you would have so much to gain.

I'm not like other guys because I'm sure I would treat you right.  
And if anybody else wants to conquer you then I hope they're ready to put up a fight.

In just a matter of seconds, I could completely change your mind.  
And right before you finish a sentence, true happiness is what you could find. 

You wouldn't be considered my possession, but more like a figure of admiration.
When ever people ask, I'd say I hold you in esteem at any moment or situation. 

I want to bestow you with everything your heart is missing. 
And ignite any and all desires you have so we end up kissing. 

It's evident that you're skeptical about my sudden shower of compliments.
But if you fell in love with me, I'd consider that one of my biggest accomplishments. 

I wouldn't stop pursing you even if I had no chance of winning your heart.
I may not know much but I know for a fact romance is a good place to start. 

There are several words I could say to take your breath away.  
There are a million poems I could write to make you smile every day.

If you let me I'd make you the magic of my inspiration.
When it comes to poetry you'd be the only source of motivation. 

I'm not trying to allure you by whispering sweet nothings in your ear. 
I'm trying to offer you a love so secure it would last for more than a year. 
Take my love and I promise, you will never have the need to shed a tear. 
Just tell me you love me and I will tell you that's absolutely everything I need to hear.

© 2018 Daniel Valentine Rivera


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, that's a long poem. It sounds like lyrics for a song, because you have to rhyme song lyrics. It sounds like you're a romantic and very considerate.
I don't write rhyming poems or long poems, that's just my style, but I like it very much. Keep on writing..
Sylvia

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

6 Years Ago

I get inspired by music, so usually the poems I write do have rhymes and rhythm. And yes I do consid.. read more
Sylvia

6 Years Ago

No, why should you write shorter poems? Do whatever you want to. It's just easier for me to write ly.. read more



Reviews

I think someone is truly 'smitten!" A marvelous tribute to the apple of your eye.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow, that's a long poem. It sounds like lyrics for a song, because you have to rhyme song lyrics. It sounds like you're a romantic and very considerate.
I don't write rhyming poems or long poems, that's just my style, but I like it very much. Keep on writing..
Sylvia

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

6 Years Ago

I get inspired by music, so usually the poems I write do have rhymes and rhythm. And yes I do consid.. read more
Sylvia

6 Years Ago

No, why should you write shorter poems? Do whatever you want to. It's just easier for me to write ly.. read more
I like reading it in the beginning but, after some of the stanzas I got a little bored, maybe consider revising and making a bit shorter. Or this could make a nice short story if you want to keep it the length it is. Best of luck with your writing, supper good from what I've read!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Daniel Valentine Rivera

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the review! Yes I agree there is a lot of unnecessary filler in this poem. If I was to.. read more
This is extremely romantic.
Such a brilliant poem.
Your rhyming was flawless once again.
Comes so naturally doesn't at all feel forced.
this poem shows people a glimpse of the kind of guy u are.
A true romantic gentle men. U definitely have a way with words.
So talented, this has to be one of the best poems i have read in ages.
i hope u find an amazing girl that deserves you.
Never change. And please never ever stop writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

8 Years Ago

Honeslty you're review made my day! I haven't had anybody to appreciate my poetry at all and knowin.. read more
cimmy wuv xxxooo

8 Years Ago

This comment was wonderful to. It makes my day knowing that my review has made someone elses day. It.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

818 Views
4 Reviews
Added on July 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 16, 2018
Tags: Love Language, Happiness, Captivation, Attraction, Admiration, Love At First Sight

Author

Daniel Valentine Rivera
Daniel Valentine Rivera

NC



About
Hey I'm Daniel. I try to be friendly! I welcome your criticism and feedback. Anything and everything you want to say I will take into consideration so that it makes me a better writer. Enjoy.. more..

Writing