Society Says

Society Says

A Poem by Daniel Valentine Rivera
"

Written: 05/20/15

"
Society says men are expected to engage in sexual intercourse frequently,
In order to prove their masculinity, potent, gain respect and be treated equally.

Society says women are to remain celibate if they don't wish to be considered a s**t.
That even the slightest touch is deemed kinky so they must keep their legs shut.

Society says homesexuality is wrong and considered the devils playground.
That we should isolate and not even acknowledge when there is a gay around.

Society is telling men to go f**k themselves, but saying it subliminally.
And if thats true then society is erroneous in eveything it believes statistically.

A perfect example would be it believes we should all strive to fit in,
And that being unique is over rated and not following the norms is a sin.

Things like impossible body standards drive young girls to insanity.
To know they are not perfect makes them want to scream and use profanity.

It's the presure of being the most athletic and being the best at hooping.
Making men want to pop some steroids and get swole when no one is looking.

Society the type of b***h that would torment a girl until she commits suicide.
Then be the one to make pity comments about how beautiful she was on the inside.

Society has to be the fakest b***h I've ever had the displeasure to know.
Hypocrisy at it's finest, under a mask that hides a face thats completely our own.

If we want to be accepted by any means we must accept ourselves first.
Because we are society, and being judgemental only makes it worse.

© 2015 Daniel Valentine Rivera


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is absolutely touching.. I mean, I used to be bullied a lot, but this really hits close to my heart and makes me look at things a little differently, maybe some people can understand a little more than I thought they did. Kudos to this beautiful poem that you wrote.

Posted 7 Years Ago


In the heaven, all the girls will be sexy and beautiful, and all the boys will be super-studs with constant erections. Society is just trying to make "heaven on earth". Some eggs will break in the process... Wait a few years, they'll be handing out Viagra in sex ed.
What youve written here shows how we like to exaggerate. Nice one!



Posted 8 Years Ago


The rhyming im this was brilliant. Brang the whole piece together.
this was so true and meaningful.
I loved every line.
So much is expected of people these days, and so many nasty peopl
e judge you.
I loved ur ending, you just have to say screw what everyone else says or thinks. I am me im happy with who i am. Love me or hate me. I dont care. Awesome piece

Posted 8 Years Ago


Daniel Valentine Rivera

8 Years Ago

Another review? Do I have a fan? This means alot, and I love how you understand my poetry completely.. read more
cimmy wuv xxxooo

8 Years Ago

Yes you certainly do. I love your poetry. Jealous of your rhymes. Hope some day mine are that good... read more
Righteous words. WE are society. Oh how I wonder if there will ever be a superior minority whom comply with the true words you write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Daniel Valentine Rivera

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2015
Last Updated on August 20, 2015
Tags: Society, Homosexuality, Judgemental, Pressure, Suicide, Standards, Acceptance

Author

Daniel Valentine Rivera
Daniel Valentine Rivera

NC



About
Hey I'm Daniel. I try to be friendly! I welcome your criticism and feedback. Anything and everything you want to say I will take into consideration so that it makes me a better writer. Enjoy.. more..

Writing