Ruins Of My Literacy

Ruins Of My Literacy

A Poem by Daniel Valentine Rivera
"

Written: October 1, 2015

"
Releasing the bliss that I kept inside and portraying it in a poem of love was my first intention.
But the words were left rusting after the dramatic departure of the personified perfection. 
Progress of my creativity was interrupted and put to rest when she went and took another direction. 
So all I can do now is construct something different and the complete opposite of love and affection. 

Despite not having much to give you, I didn't even give you half of what I had to offer. 
I outlined our whole future story together, but I had no success in finding my inner author. 
I guess lost the motivation to continue, and I wouldn't be lying if I said serving you was an honor. 
But you'll never see what I had planned for us, for your emotions would be considered a goner. 

A day without your presence was a day wasted, is what I used to believe. 
Hours spent with you on the phone, falling deeper in love with every message I received. 
Looking passed your flaws only revealed my drastic one that you yourself could not perceived.
That I was delusional at that time, and you actually held me back from what I could achieve. 

This distance is like having to endure a painful injection then realizing its for the best. 
I knew it was going to happen and eventually I had to mature and jump out this nest. 
The nest representing my childish desires and never advancing to learn how to fly with out rest. 
Distancing myself by flying south to avoid the sheer coldness of what's inside your chest.

You were simply my love savior in the eyes of the optimistic human being I chose to be. 
The glass, but in this case heart, is always half full but not when it's tipped over carelessly. 
Dripping all over a beautiful painting of a relationship that idealized everything in harmony. 
Ruined, yet still recognizable, the content remains similar but the material isn't what it used to be. 

Obviously my feelings for you still exist and burn like matches and friction. 
When It came to perfect couples, I believed you and me fit that depiction. 
What can I do now, you left me, and I'm currently enduring a painful infliction. 
But that's life, there is not always a happy after, and that's the cold truth of nonfiction. 

Ending the poem bleakly, originally dedicated for you and still is, but it's not meant to be a lecture
The purpose of these words were to were to comfort and warm me from your coldness like a vesture. 
Had it not been for this unfortunate event in time, this piece of work would have had a different texture. 
Now I present the historic ruins of my literacy that once could have been a beautiful amorous gesture. 

© 2017 Daniel Valentine Rivera


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this was an amazing poem to read. You're pain was visceral and jumping off the page! I loved reading this SO much!!! Really well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Daniel Valentine Rivera

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! It eases my visceral pain to know that you enjoyed it. 😊
Anonymous

7 Years Ago

You are so welcome!!! :D
Not meaning to be a lecture and placing it as one, really deserves a round of applause, that angst of emotion you lay thickly with an under tray of thought and wisdom, truly is by far a telling prose! Well done, good read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the review! Glad you enjoyed it! :)
Wow very deep feelings in the poem very g00d^-^

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Valentine Rivera

7 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
Pink Pastel

7 Years Ago

Your welcome ^-^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2016
Last Updated on March 14, 2017

Author

Daniel Valentine Rivera
Daniel Valentine Rivera

NC



About
Hey I'm Daniel. I try to be friendly! I welcome your criticism and feedback. Anything and everything you want to say I will take into consideration so that it makes me a better writer. Enjoy.. more..

Writing