RANT ON WRITING

RANT ON WRITING

A Story by Eagle Cruagh
"

a breakdown to see what you like

"

 

RANT ON WRITING
 
The writers of Cafe at a police lineup would look
something like this:
Out of ten suspects, 3 would be semi literate, 3 would
be Lilly wavers(sexual deviates) 1 a good writer, 1
1 a cognitive analyst and 1 just uses cafe to cry over
her sordid bad choices in life.
Since they are all suspects, the police just shrug and
turn them all loose to bore the writing public.
 
That condemnation having been made, my writing
does`nt make it out of the gate.  The only one`s that
like what I write are malcontents who find no good
in anything,  the sexual deviants who are always
looking for a suggestive remark and genuine
intellectuals who find originality a suitable reward.
 
This is not a personal complaint.  I get more than
my share of reviews.  What worries me is the
future of Writers Cafe.   The top writers are not
being supported by other writers.  Many excellent
writers have wandered away to other miscellaneous
web sites to hawk their wares to an appreciative
audience.
 
I have thrown every form of miscellaneous junk out
there for your consumption.   
 
Here are some results:
 
1--Sex talk scares you to death. Few reviews.
2--Violence to some is attractive.
3-- Maudlin crying and emotional pap is very
      popular.  This has drawn many reviews.
4-- Suicide, Death and degradation are quite
      popular.
5---Adventure----very little interest
6---Autobiographical articles are quite popular,
      at least these have drawn adequate reviews.
 
The next writing I will offer is ;
       GROWING UP COWBOY
There is no doubt , this will be well received.
Why ?   Because it is true and because I shed a
few tears as I was thinking about it, in other
words, a lot of it is heartbreaking.
 
Thanks for listening.
----Eagle Cruagh

© 2009 Eagle Cruagh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hmmm I guess this makes me a malcontent who finds no good in anything (seeing as I like what you write), and an intellect that finds origionality a suitable reward. Of course I could be a Lilly waver too if you count the pearl...I found this funny as I had the image of writers, pen in hand, lined up before the officers. Some would have a look of calamity on their faces, others a great confusion; all would be pasty white due to the great amount of time spent indoors on their computers. Big Smiles for this one.

Tigra

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

LOL Must be a malcontent. And what a mental image . . . hmmm that many writers and want to be writers in the same room might just scare the blazes out of someone . . . that someone just might be me lol.

I told some that I write for my sanity. I think that is probably a very true statement :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, Of course as a writer your too good. I'm not sure where I fit in this story or WritersCafe yet. Very funny picture you portray here. I think I want to be a policeman (policewoman) in this cafe lock-up (line-up). LOL

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And some are here like me, I am not sure where I fall in your list . Good list .. the fact is yes this is the mix and that is true of the world .. I have written on many sites , some have long passed when the writers just stopped posting..and reading... there are so many places to post , but the future of WebCafe may just be the very list you write of... think of it this way..when you want to find something really good ..you want a big selection ..you may not like everything in the selection but someone else might.
Yes the very good writers most likely will publish as for going other places to be appreciated . perhaps , but they will not find a much different audience .

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm curious as to when this was posted.

From what I've seen of the WC so far, it's a wide range of talents, interests, and ambitions. Some are here to improve their craft, others are here to just read stories, and still others are here because it just seems like fun, even if they've never entertained the thought of writing something themselves. But this is a public forum, and all are--I hope, anyway--welcome.

From a creative standpoint, I liked the police lineup analogy. Good choice.
~Katherine

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well, ok thats telling us like it is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think you should write what you want to write and not care what other people think about it... Not everyone is capable of understanding everything for a variety of reasons.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I Love the blatant truths you share here. Unfortunately the stats about who gets read are distressing. Knowing that there are excellent writers that are unknown because they don't get read is sad. I love to go to the unread writings and explore new writers. Great write of truth here Eagle, 100% a favorite! Can't wait to check out your story. ~ Jude :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well now!
Talk about a royal s**t out, sadly you are wright on far to many points. i have to say that you did make me think about my writing, then i remembered that this is the page that i use for my smut, for lack of a better word, but i am not that limited.

it takes a fool to fight the obvious, and the wise to point it out.

p.s. out of the ten suspects you have only accounted for 9, would the last but not least be a Poet? yes you have mentioned "1 good writer" however there is a difference.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arf, arf, I like this as it is both witty and shows a singular lack of ego. But, but, but... above all... You make your point without being nasty, personal or small-minded. In the evolutionary creative soup that is writersface there is room for every kind of failing as it is only from a zillion failings that nature might finally come up with something.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

664 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2009
Last Updated on June 12, 2009

Author

Eagle Cruagh
Eagle Cruagh

CA



About
-------It is your mind---- that creates this world--- -----Buddha ----------------------- eaglecruagh.blogspot.com .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan