The Honest Truth: An introduction

The Honest Truth: An introduction

A Chapter by EBdappled

What I truly want to be when I grow up is an individual. My eyes will brim with experience, my lips taste of life. It is vital that I am different- as endearing as the musician Nneka- as special as I deserve to be. I dream of knowing myself better than anyone and relishing the different depths of being. I will sit outside and touch and feel, my clothes will be my outlet: fire-cracks of colours and, most importantly, I shall indulge in the arts. So much to see, so much to hear.
Life should be a celebration and I have spent too long in the shadows. I have my own type of opulence: richness in thought, which others appreciate. Others- those people, who are just like me, yet we took so long to find each other. I wish to be submerged in diversity.
Although, the moment I wrote that, I drew back- as though I had been singed by a flame. This oceanic thought has left my stomach turning and I cannot decide if it is in a positive way or not.


© 2014 EBdappled


Author's Note

EBdappled
I appreciate any views and comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on July 5, 2014
Last Updated on July 6, 2014
Tags: Future, Growing, Learning, Life, Diversity


Author

EBdappled
EBdappled

Camden Town, United Kingdom



About
Teenager trying to write here and there whilst enjoying the summer. Song for the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N18afUuOKc more..

Writing
Boredom Boredom

A Poem by EBdappled