Missing You

Missing You

A Chapter by Emily Anne
"

Remember, your loved ones are watching over you!

"
Janie and Addie played in the flower field out back, their long brown hair blown away in the wind. The sisters held each other's hands while they spun in circles. Mom watched from afar, baking Addie's favorite meal. The sun seamed to shine brighter than usual that day. After a long day of play, it was time come in to eat.
"Dinner!" Mom said out loud. The girls raced for the kitchen door. They were starving! The table was set for 4; Dad's seat, Janie's seat, Addie's seat, and Mom's seat. The meal they ate was delicious. It was still nice out, and Dad decided to take the girls for a ride. Mom got in front, and the sisters sat in back. The ride was long and tiring, but they got there a few minutes before sunset.
The family drove into the parking lot. Mom held a bundle of flowers, Dad carried an old doll. Addie was confused, meanwhile Janie seemed sadder than earlier.
"This way," Mom said, and they walked in a line to the grave covered with purple and pink roses. They stood for a moment of silence, but Addie still didn't know what the problem was. Janie was crying.
"Janie, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Addie asked, trying not to cry herself. Janie looked at her.
"I'm crying because this is your grave, Addie. You died last week. We miss you, Addie," Janie sobbed loudly, and her parents held her tight. Addie just stood there, looking at them.
"But I never left you, Janie. I've been here the whole time, I always will be," Addie assured her sister,"You can even tell mommy and daddy not to worry. Tell them I'm watching over them." Addie looked up into the rays of sunshine. She knew now that her destiny was to rise to heaven. She waved her sister and her mom and her dad good bye, blew a kiss, and slowly ascended up until she was gone into the clouds, where she would meet her Heavenly Father and the Son, Jesus.
From that point on Janie believed her sister was somewhere better, where she wasn't sick anymore and she was safe. She knew her sister would watch her and every night she dreamed they were playing together in that field outside, waiting for Addie's favorite dinner to be done.


© 2013 Emily Anne


Author's Note

Emily Anne
Short story, I thought of it real quick. No hate from Non-believers please, if you do not believe in Jesus/God, then don't be posting hate mail. This is simply a short story, lets keep it that way. Otherwise, I'll take constructive criticism. Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on January 31, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013
Tags: Heaven is Real, Sadness, Children, Sister, Family, Love


Author

Emily Anne
Emily Anne

Colombia, NJ



About
Almost 16, love the Hunger Games Trilogy, Minecraft, Sims 3, I write a lot of fiction. I'm a Christian, so I'd like it if you didn't post hate on my page about it. Video gamer, writer, possible archit.. more..

Writing