In that Cafe

In that Cafe

A Chapter by Emily Anne
"

And suddenly, she became the love story.

"
Elizabeth sat against the wall by the open window in a lonely French styled cafe. Normally these places were infested with "Hipsters"; This one was completely empty, aside from the poor fellow at the cash register, and of course, Eli. Her laptop was plugged into a near by outlet while her mind wander deep into the depths of her soul. She wanted it to be perfect. Each finger grazed swiftly over each key, yet so soft and gently did she press in the letters to make words, which made sentences, which made books. It was obvious writing was her passion, and not a single distraction would keep her from making it to the best-seller list.
But then there was this guy. His name was Isaac, he was very tall and wore glasses. He worked for some mega-corporation and barely had time to order his lunch, let alone glance over at such a pretty girl as Eli. He placed the brief case and tacky coffee mug he held on a table for a quick moment and begun his strut to the cashier. Now, had he not placed his mug so close to the edge, the next few events may have never happened.
It fell. Shattered mug and cold coffee came crashing down, like Niagara falls. Inches from Elizabeth's feet. Neither knew what to say, so both bent over to pick up the shards, and just like that, their eyes met.
Elizabeth never believed in true love at sight. Frankly, Isaac didn't either. But some might say there was a zap. The two begun to converse. 

"I'm so sorry, did anything cut you?" Isaac said a bit nervously, biting his bottom lip ever so slightly. 

"I'm fine, really. The darn thing was ugly as hell, so maybe it was a for the better that it fell," She replied. Inside Isaac felt a little insulted, since the cup was a gift from his grandmother, but he must have let it slide. 

"Well, I have 10 minutes before I have to grab my sandwich and go, maybe we can talk until then."

He sat at her table, she shut off her computer. Ten minutes go by fast when you're in love. The two didn't know what to say, so when he left there wasn't much of a goodbye other than a quick wave. And then life returned to normal. Eli shook her head, called it a hallucination. Maybe it was a hallucination. In the meantime, she opened her laptop and typed more. The two of them may never meet again, ever. But that short time knowing Isaac left an impression deep inside Eli's heart; And suddenly, her book became a love story.


© 2013 Emily Anne


Author's Note

Emily Anne
So, I had to write a story for English; This was it. Of coarse, I edited it some to make it more pleasing, since I made the original copy a few weeks ago and am writing this based off of what I remember handing in. So yea. I'm happy with it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 25, 2013
Tags: Girl, coffee, inspiration, cute, Love, cafe, woman, man, boy, etc.


Author

Emily Anne
Emily Anne

Colombia, NJ



About
Almost 16, love the Hunger Games Trilogy, Minecraft, Sims 3, I write a lot of fiction. I'm a Christian, so I'd like it if you didn't post hate on my page about it. Video gamer, writer, possible archit.. more..

Writing