Chapter Six: Nobody Likes It

Chapter Six: Nobody Likes It

A Chapter by Emily Anne

6 A.M.

Alice heard the screaming through the paper thin walls. She tumbled out of her bed minutes after Cara, who'd been in a hurry to get out and see what was wrong.

She rubbed her groggy eyes, searching in the still dark room for the doorway.

"He'd dead! He's f*****g dead! He f*****g bit Gary!" Felicia screamed at the end of the hallway.

Alice reached Felicia and looked over her shoulder. They had already shot Terry moments before, his limp, diseased body on the ground with blood pooling around it.

"H-how...." Is all Cara could utter.

The next thing Alice heard was another scream from the room adjacent to Terry's body.

"It's off! It's over! Gary, you'll be okay!" She heard Bobby yelling.

"Okay?" Gary winced,"Oh, f*****g, kay? I don't have a F*****G HAND NOW!" He was yelling loudly.

"Well, it f*****g saved you!"

"If I don't bleed the f**k out!"

The two were screaming at each other. Alice lifted her hands to her ears, drowning out the sound to just think a minute.

She kept staring at Cara, whose eyes began filling with enormous amounts of tears. Alice knew that feeling.

Bobby walked in the room, his eyes heavy and sweat covering his forehead.

"I did it. I f*****g...I did it." He was breathing heavy, leaning in the doorway and covering his face with his hand.

Felicia wrapped herself around Bobby whilst Cara remained in the same spot, the tears falling off her cheeks as she silently let herself go.

Alice had no idea what to do. So she stepped past those she faced, through the doorway to the scene of the incident. The bedroom Gary was in.

He sat on the edge of the bed, a large towel soaking in the blood from the base of his wrist. His face was a combination of anger and sadness as he must have been asking himself how it all happened.

She sat across from him, on the little green armchair spatter with tiny bits of blood.

He looked up, gave a weak smile,"Not what you asked for, eh kid?" He said, adjusting the towel. He winced some more.

"I liked Terry," She said.

"I liked him too. He was a good man. This s**t....sucks. I never get used to seeing it. Never."

She craned her head around to see out the doorway. The body lay so still, so lifeless. She liked to think that her dad was just dead, and not a monster like Terry had become. She again faced Gary, whose eyes were welling up just like Cara's.

"What do we do now?" Alice asked. She placed her hands on her knees, squeezing them to relieve the stress she was beginning to feel.

"We grieve, kid. Then we pick up. Move on. I've done it a thousand times, probably."

"I don't like it," She said.

Gary looked at her straight in her blue eyes,"Nobody does. Not one person."



© 2014 Emily Anne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on September 10, 2014
Last Updated on September 12, 2014
Tags: apocalypse, fiction, zombie, twd, survival, post-apocalypse


Author

Emily Anne
Emily Anne

Colombia, NJ



About
Almost 16, love the Hunger Games Trilogy, Minecraft, Sims 3, I write a lot of fiction. I'm a Christian, so I'd like it if you didn't post hate on my page about it. Video gamer, writer, possible archit.. more..

Writing