THE MAIN ROOM

THE MAIN ROOM

A Story by EYES OF MY SOUL
"

When Rico and his family arrive to a new town because his brother Enrique handicap situation.Strange things start to occur at Enrique's new school Rico becomes his only hope.

"
For the first time in a long time my parents started to speak. My father Juan Pablo De La Cruz was the kind of man who loved to come home to his family after a long day of working as a principle at  River High. My mother on they other hand didn't quiet understand my dad when he come home late. Despite all of the days off my dad accrued because of all the holidays through out the school year,it still wasn't enough.But I understood my mother Sulamay De la Cruz. Her job was to take care my brother Enrique and me. A responsibility my father knew nothing about. So you see my mother truly loved my dad,I mean true love at it's finest.Any time my dad was gone for to long my mom already started to worry for him wondering if he was alright and when he will be coming home.At the end of the day they both needed each other one person could not live without they other. 
 
As for my brother enrique he was my best friend,I do anything for him. As stubborn as he is I learn to accept him even when he didn't understand how to accept himself. My brother enrique is a great person deep down inside. Now and days some days more than other's the pass came back to shock him like a sky full of thunder. In the beginning he started to have night mares every night because of what happen. Things became so bad one day I walked in on him attempting to throw in the towel taking more pills than he was suppose to. I made a promise to enrique that I would never tell mom and dad only if he promise to give life everything he had. The truth is I have a secret and it's that I am a coward, I could of and I should have fought more harder for him. I should of known what to do wright? I'm his big brother I'm suppose to know what to do when danger strikes,I'm suppose to be ready. No, instead I hesitated like the punk that I am.Yea, I know what your probably thinking how I shouldn't be to hard on myself because sometimes things happen wright?
Well you see that's where you guess wrong.Because for that split second before the gun went off I knew deep down inside it should of been me all along who jump in the way to protect my brother. But what the heck maybe deep down inside I was angry at my mother and father. I mean most of time they had intense arguments because of him anyway. As much as my parents love each other my mother over stepped her boundary one day striking my father with a iron to the back of his head.They had no clue I was their. After playing hide and seek with my dad so much I became a pro at discovering the best hiding spot. Even if it meant witnessing the day my mom almost kill my dad.

Was it worth it watching Enrique blank expression just before he was shot in the knee caps? I don't know. All I do know is that you can't believe everything you read NOW AND DAYS its the kind of s**t that will get you killed if you know what I mean. Come on what did you expect for this to be your typical loving family story. Well,you guess wrong again because if that's what your expecting than you might as well stop reading this book because what I have plan next ain't none of your f*****g business. 

        Sulamay walks into Rico room sitting aside of him gently placing her arm over his shoulder.

       'Listen mijo I understand we have been through alot"
    
       Rico strugs off her arms snapping back

       'We or him mother?
  
       If only Rico knew how I was truly feeling at that time.With everything that was going on ,I could only hope now out of all days he doesn't shut me out to.

       'You know something ma-ma tu bede savel todo lo que pasa en la escudida sali al luz{You should know everything that happens in the dark comes out into the light}

        Yes mother I know about what you did I know who you truly are.You could fool Enrique but you won't be able to fool me.
 
        Rico smirked at sulamay giving her his back allowing her to stare at his mesmerizing black short sleeve shirt.

        In that moment I knew the son I raised was not the son I was kindly trying to comfort. It was like I couldn't move a single muscle in my body. I didn't understand how he could know this information in less, unless he was their when it happen. Okay take a deep breath sulamay try to act normal.Anything from this day out you  must attempt to act like a normal mother. Because if he was anything like me he know exactly the wright time to black mail me and expose the truth. Moving to another place is exactly what this family needs. I will need to contact the hospital let Juan primary doctor know about the transfer. 
 
Six weeks later. I have to admit ever since we moved things picked up.My mother pay's more attention to me actually engaging in full blown conversations. My brother Enrique started to show improvement proving that he will be able to walk again. If only my family knew how I really felt about them before they probably wouldn't want anything to do with me. 

 
       
      





© 2017 EYES OF MY SOUL


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on April 22, 2017
Last Updated on April 25, 2017

Author

EYES OF MY SOUL
EYES OF MY SOUL

Bronx, NY



About
Everyday i wake i give thanks to God because its because of God i am truly able to live this thing we call'LIFE' I want to thank God for everything he has done and continues to do.I want to thank my f.. more..

Writing
TRUE FICTION TRUE FICTION

A Screenplay by EYES OF MY SOUL