From Here To There

From Here To There

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

Way way down and under

"

From Here To There


They come from a land down under, not from Australia or Antarctica but further down. To tell the truth, they come from well off the planet well below us by billions of light years. It is a world with no name. The inhabitants there do not name things like Earthlings do. It is not like a pet that you call to dinner. Planets to them are simply objects in space to be observed, explored and enjoyed.


Contrary to popular belief, the universes have been around for a long time. Existence has never had a beginning. It has always been here with us in no small measure.


The world in question is larger than Earth but much lighter. It travels around a giant bright orange sun as the 7th. Planet out. The solar system there has 27 planets in rotation. Each one travels in small elliptical orbits. The first six planets from their star have no atmospheres. They are pretty much burning rocks in space. For simplicity sake the nameless world will be referred to as P7, (as in Planet 7.) It is populated by humanoid sentient creatures made up of metallic alloys, mostly titanium and leathery synthetic biologics.


There is no plant life or water on the world. The surface is primarily made up of mostly copper, aluminum, an abundance of titanium and crystal quartz. They do have rivers of light, (powerful energy particles), approximately a mile wide, running thousands of miles from end to end in various directions throughout the planet. All life forms use these streams of light life to sustain themselves for their survival and nourishment. The intelligent inhabitants use it as their primary learning device and these streams of lights are actually streams of consciousness that teach individuals what they need to know and what they want to learn. They also heal the components that make up their bodies. These streams can be highly toxic so they have learned not to spend too much time in them or around them for safety reasons. As you might have guessed, too much knowledge and too much of anything can kill you.


At this time, just a few days ago, one of their interstellar ships entered a new alternate universe. It took the explorers trillions of light years to get to that point in the time space continuum. An 8 man crew of scientists arrived, delighted to awaken into something new and exciting. It should be noted that this species of humanoids have been around for a long long time. They moved from star system to star system when the worlds they were living on died out or went nova.


Coincidentally, one of their other ships, journeying in the opposite direction for nearly 8 billion light years just now landed on Earth's southern hemisphere.   How interesting, how exciting is that?!.... Not very..... Trillions of light years in travel trumps billions of years every time and it is an anti-universe never before explored in the history of exploration, so the focus is on the scientists and their findings in the newly discovered alternate universe.


In this new realm in existence, space is white. The stars are black. There is no gravity.   Planets and stars can not form in the conventional way.  What the humanoids discovered were giant solid rocks that come in many shapes and sizes, void of life and stars emptying out their material at a rapid rate. Things apparently simply came or come into existence at one point at their beginnings.   Gaseous objects simply drift out, apart, their particles come undone and evaporate into space. Giant granite rocks, solid worlds, stay the same, intact over eons, held together as they were when they began. Some of the worlds are nearly square, some elongated, some even pear shaped like Earth.


One of the P7 crew members had a theory that water could be trapped in enclosed chambers within some of the solid rock worlds drifting in the vast emptiness of this strange universe. They knew of water from other worlds they had lived on and explored in their remote past. With no gravity, water would simply leave the world. Intelligent life could not form on any planet anywhere in this realm simply because plants and primal animals could never evolve fast enough to figure out how to anchor themselves down in order to live anywhere. The lack of gravity made this apparently lifeless universe a challenge to explore.


If water could be found in enclosed pockets under ground, under the right conditions, there would or could be life, something living in those chambers. All you would need is the right geothermal pressure generated or coming from the core of the larger worlds, which would create the right kind of pressure to support and sustain life. Historically, very fine-grained sulfide minerals form when hot hydro-thermal fluids mix with ice cold water. They leave deposits of iron sulfide and can also form barium, calcium and silicon. This concept is highly plausible.

The right sulfuric gases could feed organisms, could still be possible in the depths of some of the worlds. This is their goal. This is their mission.


Billions of years from now, in the very far future, maybe some of their kindred spirits will look down through the corridors of time with a smile and with favor on what they have done and what they accomplished.


Earth is not going anywhere right now, only in an orbit with the help of gravity. One day it too will be of interest to the people of P7, who sent a small group of emissaries at this time to study kangaroos at this very hour.

© 2018 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on May 17, 2018
Last Updated on May 17, 2018
Tags: exploration, values, universes, time, space, discovery

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing