Beyond The Super Voids

Beyond The Super Voids

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

Voids are almost comical. Far reaching in their depths

"

Beyond The Super Voids


At nearly 330 million light-years in diameter (approximately 0.27% of the diameter of the observable Universe), or nearly 236,000 Mpc in volume, the Boötes void is one of the largest-known voids in the Universe, and is referred to as a supervoid. Its discovery was reported by Robert Kirshner et al. (1981) as part of a survey of galactic redshifts. The center of the Boötes void is approximately 700 million light-years from Earth.


Imagine placing a 1 lb. Iron ball in the center of the Bootes Void. Factor in the removal of dark matter, dark energy and anti-matter. What would happen to the iron ball?


Think about our own sun for a moment. It is not hanging out there stationary in our empty space like some great cosmic balloon being suspended by some magic strings or wires. It is falling through space at a great speed because of its great weight and size.


The sun’s mass is 4.4*10^30 lbs or 1.989*10^30 kg. The true weight of the Sun is impossible to calculate because weight is relative to local gravity. As the sun is its own source of local gravity it therefore does not sit on something else and cannot be weighed.

The Sun, which is located relatively far from the nucleus, moves at an estimated speed of about 225 km per second (140 miles per second) in a nearly circular orbit." 225 km/s.

Mar 04, 2017 · The solar system is moving through space at 828000 km/h as it orbits around the galactic center once every 250 million years. The Milky Way is also moving towards the Andromeda, so the speed is actually amplified.


In the Bootes Void, a near vacuum is present so air drop rate, terminal velocity, drag coefficient and the square-cube law are not considered. You will simply just keep on accelerating near the speed of light.


The square-cube law simply states that, as an object's size increases, its volume grows faster than its surface area. Consider that the formula for the surface area of a sphere is 4*pi*r2, where r is the sphere's radius, while the formula for volume is 4/3*pi*r3�"hence the name "square-cube law"

If you drop a 1 lb. Iron ball at the center of this void it will drop like a rock….well actually, it will drop like a 1 lb. Iron ball going faster and faster.


Now imagine a large space ship being placed at the center of the Bootes Void. (with the engines turned off.) What will happen? There are no cosmic strings to hold it up or hold it in place. It will drop like a rock but different because it is a space craft. It will immediately fall through open space at a great velocity.


Now imagine the spaceship turning on its high powered super sonic mega booster engines in the middle of the free fall. (Why would you do that?) Don’t ask me I don’t own a spaceship with high powered boosters.

NASA has developed the helical engine” which will fly from Earth to Mars in Under 13 minutes. Both fall at the same rate, regardless of mass.

Technically, the only real top-speed of any falling object is the speed of light. When an object falls, it falls at a perpetuating accelerating rate. In free fall, you get faster and faster as you fall, no exception; be it a 1 lb. iron ball, rhinoceros or high speed spaceship.


Traveling near the speed of light, it would still take you millions upon millions of light years before you ever laid eyes on any light from any star no matter what direction you decide to start your journey out of the void to make your way back home. We’ll keep a candle burning in a window for you so you don’t get lost.


My next topic will cover the yet to be discovered solid Titanium universe and what happens when a whole gigantic solid universe free falls through open space, maybe to a place near you.



© 2021 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on May 2, 2021
Last Updated on May 2, 2021
Tags: Voids, theory, existence, mystery

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing