Logic, Syllogisms and maintaqining the Status Quo

Logic, Syllogisms and maintaqining the Status Quo

A Story by Easter3
"

The Unreasoning Reasoning behind maintaining the status quo and resisting much needed change.

"
Some ignoble Minds would have Americans memorize and swallow whole this Logic - this Syllogism. The American Health Care System and Insurance Companies have become too Greedy.  Greed will always exist.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All involved, because Becoming too Greedy is the inevitable Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo. 
     To accept and fully appreciate this keen insight and premise we must also accept the following supposed Laws (or is that Flaws) of Logic (and Common Sense).  My tire is flat.  Tires will always go flat.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All involved, because tires going flat is the inevitable Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo.
     I have a Dis-ease.  Dis-ease will always exist.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All, because Dis-ease is the inevitable Nature of Things -  making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo.
     I have been Robbed by Robbers.  Robbers and Robbing will always exist.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All involved, because being Robbed by Robbers is the inevitable Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo.
     I have been Terrorized by a Terrorist.  Terrorists and Terrorizing will always exist.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All involved, because being Terrorized by Terrorists is the inevitable Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo.
     War is destroying my Country.  War will always exist and destroy Countries.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All involved, because War and Countries being destroyed by War is the inevitable Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo.
     I have been Conned by a Con Man and/or Woman.  Con Men and Women and the processes of being Conned will always exist.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All involved, because being Conned by Con Men and/or Women is the inevitable Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo.
     I have been Raped.  Rape will always exist.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All involved because Rape and being Raped is the inevitable Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo.
     I am Poor.  Poverty will always exist.  Therefore, Human Beings should not take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change the Situation for the Betterment of All involved because Poverty is the inevitable Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing it a bothersome and useless waste of Time and Energy.  Maintain the Status Quo.
     Or perhaps, within our World of rigid and unforgiving Laws (Flaws) of Logic we could try a Syllogism which offers Greater Freedom, Malleability, and Positive Outcomes for All living creatures.
     Christ was the Great Healer of All who came to and come to him.  Christ Energy will always exist.  Therefore Human Beings should always take Actions to prevent, fix, repair or change Any and All Situations for the Betterment of All involved, because that State of Being should be the True Nature of Things - making prevention, fixing it, repairing or changing the negative aspects of the Status Quo a Problem Solving and Useful exercise of Our Time and Energy.
     When Christ was approached by the dis-eased, the lepers or the cripples he did not turn them away for pre-existing conditions.  Christ did not ask them if they could pay him exorbitant fees beyond their wage earning capacities.  Christ did not force them to fit into any preconceived actuarial insurance formulas of allowance or life value.  He simply Healed All who came to him.  He returned and/or improved their Quality of Health and of Life.
     Christ was crucified and murdered because he threatened the Status Quo.  Ghandi was murdered because he threatened the Status Quo.  Martin Luther King was murdered because he threatened the Status Quo......
     These Spiritual and Social Entities and Energies (and many Others) Loved Humanity.  So much so, that when they Envisioned and Reasoned Better Ways of Improving Life for Every Human Being - not just the privileged or selfishly dominating Few - they Gave their Life Energy - they became martyrs - they became Universal Examples of Humankind’s Most Noble, Bright and Beautiful Positive Aspects - of What We Can Be, and What We Can Do and Accomplish.  They epitomized the Idea that the World Can and Should be a Better Place to Live and Thrive upon for All Living Creatures.
     They were the Rebels With A Cause - Nurturing and Sustaining an Earthly Vision of what the World could and should Be for EveryOne - Every Living Creature.  A World of Greater Balance and Harmony - more Equitable Give and Take.  A World of Tolerance, Mutual Respect and Compassionate Action.
     They were and Are the Enlightened World Syllogisms !
 

© 2010 Easter3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on June 6, 2010
Last Updated on June 6, 2010

Author

Easter3
Easter3

Liberty Hill, TX



About
Leah Sellers is a native Texan who has enjoyed four varied careers in her lifetime as a: Secondary Education teacher in the fields of English, History, Journalism and Special Education, an Activity di.. more..

Writing