Ask, If You Mosque

Ask, If You Mosque

A Story by Easter3
"

An American view of the controversial Mosque being raised near 9/11's Ground Zero Memorial.

"
A Mosque.  A Temple.  A Church.  A Prayer Garden.  All are Holy Ground.  Sacred Space.  Humanity’s Wailing Walls where we send Messages to the Heavens - to Great Spirit - to The Great Architect - to one Another of our dire straits, our gratitude, our praise.
 
They are all Humanity’s Community Centers - the Vortices of Humanity’s Philosophical and Theosophical, Ethical and Moral principals, universal laws, universal Hopes and Dreams.
 
Mosques, Temples, Churches and Prayer Gardens typically symbolize and epitomize what is supposed to be Best and most Enlightened within Humankind.  They are the visible Vessels of the Higher Self Humanity aspires to Be.  They represent the multitudinous Faces and various personality traits and characteristics of Great Spirit.  They are Sanctuaries for all Minds, all Hearts, all Bodies, all Souls.
 
A Mosque is being raised within New York City a couple of blocks away from 9/11’s Ground Zero Memorial - 9/11’s hallowed and still bitterly haunted ground.
 
Why bitterly ?
 
Americans are divided between their pride and love for their Rights to Freedom of Religion and (for the most part) being able to do and build anything they desire upon the Property they may Own.  And their still roiling Fear and Anger over the losses they bore (and in some instances still bear) when violently and explosively attacked and murdered by Muslim Terrorists seeking jihad with America and Western Civilization in general.  The Muslim Terrorists targeted Capitalism’s World Money Temple (the World Trade Center), and America’s Military Center (the Pentagon).  Cut off the head of a Snake, and the headless body may jerk around in shock and pain for awhile, but the Snake has been rendered harmless and will eventually die.
 
Also, many Americans are still frustrated about being manipulated by ‘the Enemy’, our own politicians, and global corporations interested in making a lot of moo-lah off of the all too trusting backs of Americans and other entities led into a lengthy, life consuming, costly, and energy and time wasting War in the Middle East.
 
Americans are also frustrated, angry and fearful about the Bail Out of the Global Banks, at the expense and sacrifice of the American Taxpayers.  The World Banks and Mega-Corporations benefited and gained even more power, while Working Americans have been further weakened, and have reaped nothing but increasing indebtedness and losses after agreeing to and performing their ‘good deed for all of the World’s Economies and Governments.  There’s nothing quite like being the blunt end of a very bad Joke.
 
These are just a few of the Fate Strings being vibrated which have made Americans feel vulnerable and distrustful.  Which have fed into and stirred up the burning embers of distrust and hatred the building of a Muslim Mosque being raised so closely to 9/11’s Ground Zero have brought about.
 
Americans are worried about what the huge Mosque will actually come to symbolize.  What will be taught and prayed about within the Mosque’s Walls ?  Will it be Allah’s laws of justice and overall good will or the Terrorists vitriolic hatred and murderous intentions toward future Americans and Westerners - American and Westerners sites ?
 
Some Americans even fear that the Mosque is being built to slap America (and her revered Freedoms and Rights) in the Face.  To poke fun at, to ill use and prevaricate the very Liberties and Ideals of Freedom and Egalitarianism Americans so cherish within their Constitution and Bill of Rights.
 
Fear, Anger, Distrust, and overall Disillusionment are making many Americans reactionary these days. 
 
Yes, everyone has ample reasons to react negatively to a great many things rumbling and tumbling all around the World.  However, as Enlightened Beings, when does Self-Control of the most bestial and destructive parts of our very Human Nature take hold ?  When do we accept the fact that we are all to blame (if blame we must) for what happened on 9/11.
 
Every Player - every Nation - every American - every Westerner - every Muslim played their parts (actively and inactively).  Some better than others.  And now what are all of us left with ?  Mayhem - Fear Mongering - more and continued Suffering and Murdering of one another’s Sons and Daughters, Mothers and Fathers, Brothers and Sisters.  What Foolishness we have all Chosen to participate in and perpetuate.  When will we ever Choose to end the Foolishness  ?  To seek other, more constructive ways of Communicating and disagreeing with one another ?
 
How can the Americans expect the Israelis and Palestinians (who have been opposing and murdering one another for far longer) to gather at a Peace Table - to make concessions - to compromise and give up Ground and old grudges, when we can’t even succeed at these important and arduous tasks ourselves over the building of a Mosque near an American emotional hot spot ?  There are Emotional Hot spots all over the World.
 
Food for Thought.  Would someone who has been sexually and physically assaulted - had their most Sacred Spaces and Places violated and desecrated ever tolerate meeting Face-to-Face with their Perpetrator - their Terrorist - their Monster ?  If such a Meeting ever took place would the Hapless Victim/Predatory Perpetrator (existing potentially within us All) existing, and wriggling uncomfortably around, within both the Victim and the Perpetrator somehow Mend ?  Somehow Heal  ?
 
Perhaps, within a Mosque, a Temple, a Church, a Prayer Garden.
 
Perhaps.  Hopefully.  Gracefully.  Tolerantly.  Perhaps.
 

© 2010 Easter3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on August 17, 2010
Last Updated on August 17, 2010

Author

Easter3
Easter3

Liberty Hill, TX



About
Leah Sellers is a native Texan who has enjoyed four varied careers in her lifetime as a: Secondary Education teacher in the fields of English, History, Journalism and Special Education, an Activity di.. more..

Writing