Wings of the American Eagle

Wings of the American Eagle

A Story by Easter3
"

The aero-dynamic workings of the left and right wings of American politics.

"
In American life and politics everyone keeps talking about the left wing Liberals and the right wing Conservatives. Mid-wingers flutter somewhere and everywhere in between. In my experience, the Liberals are actually the Conservatives and the Conservatives are actually the Liberals.

The left wing Liberals strive for the Conservative, safe and limited use, exploitation and consumption of our world's environmental and natural resources, while attempting to Conserve, preserve and protect all forms of planetary life, their rights and their habitats.

On the other hand (or wing), the right wing Conservatives strive to Liberally practice and protect free market supply and demand, and unfettered free trade; while Liberally construing a view of mankind’s unbridled divine entitlement and right to use, exploit and consume (in one form or another) all planetary life forms, and all natural resources and habitats as they so choose.

The Mid-wingers circle in and out of both ‘nests’ at will.

The American eagle has two wings - a left wing and a right wing. Only when the Eagle effectively balances the pressures exerted inwardly and outwardly between the two wings does the Mighty Bird make headway; getting up off of the ground in order to Fly.

So, Left wingers, Right wingers and Mid-wingers let us simultaneously lift our Wings High in Common, Conservative and Liberal Good Will. Lift them Higher still, and allow the American Eagle to Fly - to Soar - and lift us All up to Higher ground - Higher Purpose - and a brighter dream of futures just beyond the horizon - of futures and expectations beyond our wildest and most aspiring dreams to come.
 

© 2011 Easter3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on October 13, 2011
Last Updated on October 13, 2011

Author

Easter3
Easter3

Liberty Hill, TX



About
Leah Sellers is a native Texan who has enjoyed four varied careers in her lifetime as a: Secondary Education teacher in the fields of English, History, Journalism and Special Education, an Activity di.. more..

Writing