The Morbidly Obese Mermaid

The Morbidly Obese Mermaid

A Story by TheMostSplendiferous
"

The adventures of an overly corpulant mermaid.

"

I will always be a mermaid,

Flipping through the seas,

Having cheery times,

And leaping out of the water and into the air, I take in the enjoyable oceanic breeze.

 

My pet turtle is at my side at all times, giving me encouragement in all of my endeavors. He aided my theivery of the golden pearl, he helped me defeat my mortal enemy, and he brings me food every day. Recently, though, I've noticed a subtle changing in my girth. I believe he has been bringing me too much caviar and too many cheeseburgers as my purposeless days have extended farther than I would have thought.

 

My most mortal enemy,

The great Groovy Man,

Was defeated long ago,

Leaving me with nothing to fill my long lonely days and without a single plan.

 

After lecturing my turtle and measuring my waist (a whopping 502 inches,) I signed up for The Biggest Loser: Under The Seas Edition. After arriving on the set, I checked out my competition.  To my horror, I discovered that one of the other contestants was Groovy Man himself.  It seemed he had not perished and was merely regrouping. I quickly took note of his waist, which appeared a similar size to mine. I would not lose!

 

Despite our previous rivalry,

We returned to our former glories,

And found great attraction for each other,

So we got married and had many babies and grand-babies and told them a multitude of stories.

© 2012 TheMostSplendiferous


Author's Note

TheMostSplendiferous
VERY RANDOM, this is NOT my normal writing style, so please don't judge my other works by this piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poetic prose? Prosaic poetry? What is going on here? Random, yes. Bad? No. Not at all. If your other works are like this, then you should have nothing to worry about.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on June 9, 2012

Author

TheMostSplendiferous
TheMostSplendiferous

IA



About
I am from Mars. I enjoy eating the souls of robots. I think humans are witty. My writing partner is Selkietales. She is a human, not a selkie or a robot. That is why her soul remains. I am a catterpla.. more..

Writing