If I'm right.

If I'm right.

A Chapter by BookStatix
"

That night, I must admit. The moon was brighter than ever and it filled my entire room with hope. With my fingers crossed tightly I waited for tomorrow to come knocking at my door.

"
It wasn't the first time I heard them fight. I heard them last Friday, this Monday, and today, Thursday. This family should be locked up in a room full of deadly weapons, with my mother cursing at my father and him constantly wanting to slap her straight across the face I wouldn't mind dying already. It's been sixteen years of the same routines. Today should be no different although there could be a small chance that tomorrow will change. 
For the past four years in my high school life I've awoken to a pair of eggs and bacon tossed on a plate, a school bus honking in front of my rents' old country looking house, and immature teenagers who think they know what love is. I was used to it but I was not planning on staying this way forever. 
Tomorrow I graduate from Conveir Senior High, with all honor classes. I was sure proud of myself, my achievements paid off too. I was admitted into Harvard. My parents were a bit shaky on letting me go because they don't trust me. I'm cursed with strict parents who can't have a civilized conversation with each other without wanting to choke the last breath out of their lives. 
I always made it home an hour before my curfew, I never talked to strangers on my way home from school, I was never involved with pot holes and drug dealers. I didn't even ask them to let me out on a date a single time.
Not that I would have liked to...but I don't want to get into that subject quite yet.
Dear reader, you might want to install three seat belts to your chair because my life has no mercy, no warnings, and absolutely no second chances.


© 2011 BookStatix


Author's Note

BookStatix
I would like this book to have short chapters and I hope that is not an uncomfortable thing for you readers. Let me know if it is.
Please review, I need some ideas and I could use some inspiration.
Thank you, and enjoy our journey.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting.. well it has my attention keep writing:))

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 30, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011


Author

BookStatix
BookStatix

Jacksonville, FL



About
The insignificant, beautiful things, life gives us. more..

Writing
Enraged. Enraged.

A Poem by BookStatix


Requiem Requiem

A Book by BookStatix