Happiness

Happiness

A Story by Daniel Eckert
"

Stick to your bathroom mirror and read everyday inspirational, at least that's what I am aiming for, piece.

"
Looking back at my life it is amazing how much time, money, and energy I have wasted on un-fulfilling, insubstantial things; thinking that they would bring me happiness. Happiness is a pursuit of self-content and self-awareness that cannot be purchased nor permanently achieved. As Aristotle said, "Happiness depends upon ourselves." So today I will pursue not happiness but the ability to be content with my life no matter where it is at; I will continue to pursue self-awareness in that I will bring joy, not spite to those I interact with. While I do this I will remember to stop every so often and be happy with where I am at, what I am doing, and who I am.

© 2012 Daniel Eckert


Author's Note

Daniel Eckert
Constructive criticism is awesome. As long as it is constructive!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I believe that this explains so much of our lives and its sad to see so many people who don't understand the definition or meaning of true happiness. The way this is written brings back the thoughts of the little things in life and its a great message to spread around. I enjoyed reading this immensely. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Eckert

11 Years Ago

That is really too kind. Although I am very thankful for your kind words and the time you took to w.. read more



Reviews

Great message!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I only had a moment to read and I was like, hmmm, should I really start into a "story" right now? THIS IS GREAT! I read it and my heart rang with the words. You know this happiness stuff is so fleeting in my own life and mostly because of my own laziness, but a lot because of my narrow-mindedness! I also hope to also be more aware.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You say it so well... speak so deeply from your experience into our own. Happiness is a choice... not a place... and we must stop in the moments and bask in its bliss.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I believe that this explains so much of our lives and its sad to see so many people who don't understand the definition or meaning of true happiness. The way this is written brings back the thoughts of the little things in life and its a great message to spread around. I enjoyed reading this immensely. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Eckert

11 Years Ago

That is really too kind. Although I am very thankful for your kind words and the time you took to w.. read more
this is prose rather than poetry, but it is significant prose that all who read might want to heed.
Be happy with where you are , what you are doing and who you are.

i know several people who have never been able to do this..or choose not to.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Eckert

11 Years Ago

Letting yourself be happy is a hard thing to do, at least it was for me. Thank you for the kind com.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
I truly believe that one of the keys to inner happiness is the ability to show love and kindness towards others.

You are so right that it has nothing to do with material goods or mundane matters.

Nice thoughts.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daniel Eckert

11 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read and offer your input. It is greatly appreciated.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2012
Last Updated on November 12, 2012
Tags: inspirational, happiness, positive

Author

Daniel Eckert
Daniel Eckert

Reno, NV



About
I am college student... well kind of. I am 15 credits, give or take a few, from a BS in computer science engineering. In a meeting with a professor he told me, "Your code is very eloquent, but your .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..