Part 3

Part 3

A Chapter by Alex Avery

Part 3
My nightmare always starts with me, standing at the edge of a massive fissure in the Earth. Looking down into it, I can almost hear Something whispering up to me seductively, touching on my sense of pride and honor, trying to pull me into the depths. I resist, and this time, something's different. I am able to work against the tug on my mind, and that seems to anger It. Rising from the depths, I see Alice, beaten, bloodied, and looking almost dead. I curse into the shifting shadows, demanding It to release her. I hear a deep, ancient laugh roll out of the Abyss.
"Why should I release such a yummy looking snack?" A voice booms inside my head, yet no noise was heard from the outside.
I looked around, and yelled out into the horrible darkness "Name your price!"
"Very foolish of you, child!" Alice dropped into the abyss and it lashed out towards me.
I awoke in a cold sweat, and immediately i looked over to where Alice was stirring awake. I breathed a sigh of relief, and got up.
Alice opened her eyes, and mumbled sleepily "Anything wrong, Alex? You were shaking and screaming last night."
I sigh morosely, and say "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. What else did I do?"
She looks at me with concern and says "The screaming, it wasn't in English. or any Latin you have taught me yet. But I understood it. It was in a very old dialect of Greek."
I look at her with even more respect than before, "You know ancient Greek?" I ask incredulously.
""Yeah," she smirks at me, "I taught myself in the prison that is High School."
"I see what you did there!" I say to her, smiling.
She returns the smile and pats the bed, "C'mon, go back to sleep. We can talk more in the morning."
"Alright. And we are gonna talk, right?" I ask, getting into the bed
"Yes. We are going to talk, Alex." Alice laughs, laying down and falling asleep, to which I soon join her. I grudgingly return to the land of sleep


© 2013 Alex Avery


Author's Note

Alex Avery
Work in progress? or good as is?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

My nightmare always starts with me
ME: SAAAAME! I'm not even a twinkie, like I've always wanted to be, nope I'm a stupid human. I feel you bro.

standing at the edge of a massive fissure in the Earth
ME: HOLD UP! Rewind! nevermind. I don't feel you. At least I'm in a wrapper sometimes if I was a twinkie in my dream.

"Why should I release such a yummy looking snack?"
ME: OMHYGAWD!!! When I had a dream that I was twinkie or at least a doritos bag! they said the same thing when i screamed let me go!!!! CONNECTION!!!!!!!! O.O

It was in a very old dialect of Greek
ME: XD HA!

"Yeah," she smirks at me, "I taught myself in the prison that is High School."
ME: Ooooooooooooooooooh! O.O GIRL BE KNOWING HER SH*T!

"I see what you did there!" I say to her, smiling.
ME: *palmface* XD i'm done!

I grudgingly return to the land of sleep
ME: Psssh you make it sound like some tragedy! I would be honored to sleep *crashes onto floor* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

~*~

Just some of my reactions that nice! They are so cutsie with each other, its so apparent! ^(*-*)^ Reading on.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Alex Avery

10 Years Ago

you're so random!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hurt myself laughing.
i love the twist at the begining very good

Posted 10 Years Ago


Alex Avery

10 Years Ago

thanks. how about the other 5 parts?
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
deaths calling

10 Years Ago

i loved them
My nightmare always starts with me ...that's a hip line in and of itself

I taught myself in the prison that is High School ...really like that line 2...keep it rolling

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very interesting. Lovecraft-esque, but with a modern touch, and with a style reminiscant of young adult literature to keep the story going. I would reccomend more detail if you really want to get into the depths of lovecraft, but nonetheless an interesting peice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Alex Avery

10 Years Ago

Did you read the previous parts?
Daniel Hebert

10 Years Ago

Yes, I am about to start on part 4.
Alex Avery

10 Years Ago

okay

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
4 Reviews
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on May 2, 2013


Author

Alex Avery
Alex Avery

Lincoln, ME



About
Hey, I'm Alex. Welcome to my world of the macabre and grotesque. I write likeH. P. LovecraftI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing
Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Alex Avery


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Alex Avery


Part 4 Part 4

A Chapter by Alex Avery