Part 4

Part 4

A Chapter by Alex Avery

Part 4
The morning finally arrives, and I awake to Alice pushing me off the bed, and falling to the floor. "Ow! Thanks, Alice," I say sarcastically.
"You're welcome. It's almost 12:00 noon." She says sweetly.
I look at her and groan, getting up and stretching, I pull on a shirt and walk down the stairs into the living room. Once there, I promptly sat down on the couch, and began to pierce the veil surrounding my dream-rants.
"Okay, at first, you began by whispering the Greek word for Death, thánotos, over and over. Then, you began to chant thánatos eínai zo̱ntanós!, 'Death is Alive!'. But then you stopped, and about ten minutes later, you screamed 'thánatos tha anavió̱sei ! Eímai o ypi̱réti̱s tou', 'Death will be revived! I am his servant'."
"Well, that's creepy. I would hate to have that happen. I hate being a servant." I smile at Alice, trying to make light of the depressing news that she was the herald of. 
She smiles, and giggles slightly, saying "Yeah. I would imagine. Serving Death doesn't sound very nice."
"No, no it doesn't." I look around, and then, getting an idea, say "Hey, wanna come back to the city with me? I've been needing a research partner."
Alice looks at me, a sly look on her face, then she says "Are you trying to ask me out, Alex?"
I laugh, and still smiling, "Yes, yes I am, Alice. Would you like to be my girlfriend?"
She laughs giddily, and says "Yes!! Yes! When are we leaving?"
"Now?"
"Sounds good to me."


© 2013 Alex Avery


Author's Note

Alex Avery
Work in progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very interesting take on Lovecraftian fiction. You are using the same dark, demented and ancient form of darkness as he did, as evident in the ancient greek, while still lightening the story immensly with the sub-plot between Alex and Alice. Overall a new and promising way of presenting the the style evident in the master, H.P. Lovecraft, himselve's writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I awake to Alice pushing me off the bed, and falling to the floor.
ME:! :D YES GIRL YES!!!!!! :D So him who's boss!

"You're welcome. It's almost 12:00 noon." She says sweetly.
ME: XD! Ju funny.

'Death will be revived! I am his servant'
ME: ....great way to pick up chicks. i've seen it screamed and work on girls before.

"Are you trying to ask me out, Alex?"
ME: Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl....that did NOT sound like an invitation to me, but hey its your ears.

"Yes, yes I am, Alice. Would you like to be my girlfriend?"
ME:.......O.O GIRLS YOU IS LUCKY! I WOULD HAVE DIED IF HE LOOKED AT YOU IN THE FACE AND WAS ALL LIKE...no... I would be singing 'rejection' over and over again!....lucky! XD

*reads ending*
Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But I have to go to the city
So come with me baby

~*~

That escalated quickly O.O XD Im loving this!!!





Posted 10 Years Ago


i like the back and forth between dark and light

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good infusion of humor into a dark situation. I like how you relay the dream sequence and the translations, they flow well. A few grammatical doorways - areas for preference rather - but otherwise strong writing. I'm liking this story, very interested to see where you go with it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very interesting take on Lovecraftian fiction. You are using the same dark, demented and ancient form of darkness as he did, as evident in the ancient greek, while still lightening the story immensly with the sub-plot between Alex and Alice. Overall a new and promising way of presenting the the style evident in the master, H.P. Lovecraft, himselve's writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

431 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 3, 2013


Author

Alex Avery
Alex Avery

Lincoln, ME



About
Hey, I'm Alex. Welcome to my world of the macabre and grotesque. I write likeH. P. LovecraftI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing
Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Alex Avery


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Alex Avery


Part 3 Part 3

A Chapter by Alex Avery