Part 8

Part 8

A Chapter by Alex Avery

Upon hearing her breathing stop, I shudder, then leave to explore further into the great cavern I had stumbled into. Deeper still, I happened to find another great opening in it, this one beholding horrors that scarcely be imagined. The whole top of the large room was swathed in great jets of flame, causing harsh, flickering light that played with shadows and minds, and a near unbearable heat. Squinting, I looked to see if there was a safe passage though the maze of dangerous fire. I found one after a few minutes of searching, and I began to enter the labyrinth of flame. I turn left at a corner, and I nearly screamed in horror. For even through the heat and smoke, I could smell the charred, decomposing flesh of the nightmares that stood before me. Two winged humans, wearing tattered, singed robes, seemed to be tossing a ball between each other. But the ball had eyes, and teeth. I caught a glimpse of the face of one as I tried to sneak around, and it haunts me to this very day...


© 2014 Alex Avery


Author's Note

Alex Avery
In Progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on February 7, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2014
Tags: Horror


Author

Alex Avery
Alex Avery

Lincoln, ME



About
Hey, I'm Alex. Welcome to my world of the macabre and grotesque. I write likeH. P. LovecraftI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing
Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Alex Avery


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Alex Avery


Part 3 Part 3

A Chapter by Alex Avery