Life's worries

Life's worries

A Poem by Eddie
"

I was sitting one day and i was going through a lot and i had my mind on so much, and i wrote this spoken word talking about how my mind is the wrong things and then talk about what Jesus did for us.

"
Lord i'm worrying, I got my mind on the things of this world that's what's hurtin me
I got sharp pains in the inner most part of me, Jesus come abide in me and set me free from what's inside of me.
Loving the things of this world more than i love you that's idolatry huh hipocracy.
How can i say i know you and go out and disown u. Deny you. putting u back on the cross yeah i'm enticed to.
Satan trying to make me fall but i hit him with scripture that's what i do. 
resist the devil and he will flee. How can i resist him if i'm living this life for me? see! i realized
there's more to life than that sin that's pleasing it lasts for a season wants to take you to hell for no reason. 
it's a terrible disease that puts u in chains that kills your body but your soul remains..
The Christian life it's not easy it's hard we gotta keep up our guard because sin it leaves scars YES scars!!
For example Jesus! bore the sins of the world on his back, carried the cross but it gets much deeper than that.
He was beaten whipped his clothes were stripped his skin was ripped. Blood was spilled for his fathers will it's crazy cuz he paid the bill hung on the cross and loved us still. 
The only requirement, yes the only requirement was the shedding of blood. The other things were chosen by Christ!
The crown of thorns. the spear in his side. the spit in his face, the nails that held him in his place. WAIT! it wasn't the nails that held him on the cross that day, it was his love for his ppl, a love only a savior can give so his ppl can live.. yeah search the scene of the cross and you will know that Jesus died for lost. 
That gap that was between God and man could only be bridged by Jesus! God! came as a man! 
He who was boundless was now bounded by time, limited to a stretch of an arm! could now be harmed!
Jesus walked our earth, breathed our air and felt our pain! Healing the blind sick and the lame!
Proclaiming there is healing in his mighty name! He conquered the grave and Satan's power has been drained!
No longer a slave to that sin that had me chained.. but justified and cleansed by the blood of Christ. JESUS! who gave his life.

© 2013 Eddie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on April 3, 2013
Last Updated on April 3, 2013
Tags: #spokenword, #love, #beautfiul, #Jesus, #God, #Bible

Author

Eddie
Eddie

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Hi, my name is eddie and i love writing spoken word, and i am a christian who has a heart for people. I love talking to people and just having conversations with people about their lives and what is g.. more..