Chapter 3- A Not So Friendly Conversation

Chapter 3- A Not So Friendly Conversation

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

As I walked with Bella, I thought that today wasn't going to be that bad. I already became friends with Alice who I tend to like very much since she accepted me right away. I'm just worried about third period with Edward. I didn't like the look he gave me. He was probally just being nice since Bella was there. As we walked inside building 3, I saw others look at me in a strange way, just like in the parking lot. Bella walked straight to her seat in the back. I went up to the teacher who went by Mr. Mason. I handed him a slip that I needed every teacher to sign and returned by the end of the day. I gave him a warm smile and told him that I was new. He introduced to me to the class and, lucky me, he sent me to the seat next to Bella. Mr. Mason gave me a list of people they go over and I walked over to my seat. As I sat down, I looked over the list. Shakespere, Makebeth, all those.

Class seemed boring so me and Bella just whispered to each other. "You know, I'm kinda jealous of you," she teased.

I looked at her with a confused look. "Why would you say that?"

"Because when I moved here from Phoenix, Mr. Mason gave no nonscence of introduction. He must hate me."

I shrugged. "What? All I did was gave a smile, got my paper signed, and he happly inroduced me. Bella sometimes I would like to think you are pretty full of yourself," I teased back.

I had so much fun. Next was Government but I sat next to someone else. During class he talked to me.

"So your Lauren huh?" he asked. He was a blond boy which for some reason looked like a golden retriever to me.

"Yep. I just moved here from Seattle."

"Cool. I'm Mike, Mike Newton. I see you're friends with Bella over there." It seemed like Mike liked Bella by the way he talked.

"Yeah. Apprantly we're neighbors." I gave him a smile. By the end of class, I almost groaned. Bella walked over then.

"Why so down?" she asked.

I had my head down so I lifted to look at her. "Just nervous about next period."

She looked at me with a funny look. "You're nervous because of Edward aren't you?"

I just nodded. "Don't say anything but I don't think he likes me too much."

"Don't worry. I'm sure he's just a bit cautious." I heard her mumble "overprotective fool" through her teeth. I put my stuff in my bookbag and walked out.

"Which way is building 5?" I asked.

"Well I'm in the same building as you so I'll show you." We walked toward building 5. She led me to a class and told me that this is it. I gave her a wave as I entered. When I walked over, I saw Edward at a table by himself. I gave the slip to Mr. Blavkov who was Russian.

"Hmmm let's see... where shall I sit you..." he pondered for a bit.

Please not next to him. Please not next to him. I don't care but anywhere except him!

"How about next to Mr. Cullen."

And I'm stuck next to him. Mr. Blavkov gave me an algebra textbook and I went to go take my seat. Edward felt uneasy. I sat down and settled in. I might as well act nice. I gave a smile. "Hello Edward. Nice to see you again."

He just nodded in a stiff way in response. I looked at the teacher and tried to pay attention. Apprantly he was reviewing 3 step equations. I could do 4 step so there really isn't any point in paying attention. I couldn't hear myself think while Edward glared at me the whole time. Class seemed to drag. Worse enough, Mr. Blavkov gave us a page number to work on with our partner. We had until the end of class to finish it. Of course, my partner was Edward. We had to work on page 52 together. I opened up my textbook to the page and grabbed a piece of paper from my notebook.

I looked at Edward."Well um..." I didn't know what to say. He seemed to be working on it himself. I just looked at him and then he looked at me with an irriatated look.

"What? I thought you could do 4 step equations," he scoffed.

I was shocked that he knew that. Did he like... read my mind or something? "How did you know that?"

"Well your're from Seattle right? I knew they taught you that in algebra." Mr. Know-It-All I thought.

"Um... well yes. But we're supposed to work together though."

"In case that you weren't paying attention, it's optional if you want to work with a partner or not," he said sternly.

"Um... ok." He was about half way done so I decided to work alone. It only took me about 5 minutes, considering there were a lot of problems. Edward was already done. We only had about 5 minutes of class left. He started to speak.

"I just want to warn you about something," he said in a harsh voice that sounded like velvet. "Look... I'm only being nice because you're friends with Bella. I just want to say that I seen the way you two act toward each other. But I'm not jealous, I've been begging Bella to hang out with more friends for nearly a month. But if you EVER hurt her in any way possible, your neck will broken in 5 seconds after your move. Got it?"

I was shocked. I couldn't speak at all. I managed to break out at least one nod.

"Good. I don't think I can trust you. There's something about you but I haven't figured it out yet, YET."

Then, the bell rang. He fluidly got up. I could easly compare him to a Greek God. He was out the door before I had a chance to blink. I was just upset. I packed up and as I walked out, I didn't bother waiting for Bella. I nearly cried as I headed to my next class.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
ignore errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is awesome!!!! I can't wait to read more...so I'm gonna go read the next chapter now!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i luv it!!!!!!!!!!!!!its utterly brilliant, Lauren

Posted 15 Years Ago


i like it, but i dont think that every person has the same description of the same person:
mike-golden retriever
edward-crooked smile, velvet voice
etc..

maybe u shud try using ur own descriptions instead of stephenie meyers
but i like the fact that u stuck to the actual facts--sme teacher names from twilight and all that
overall, its good

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki