Ch. 5

Ch. 5

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

I really don't know what I am. I'm not a normal vampire and I don't know if my instincts would tell me if I'm supposed to be good or bad. I'm not even a 100% sure if Edward is either. I looked at Carlisle with a painful look. He could tell that I'm confused to this new life, even if I knew about vampires existing for a while now.

 

"Lauren. How do you feel right now?" Carlisle seemed concerned and wondering so much about me.

 

I tried to give the best answer. "I don't know." I couldn't even say anymore. I was so confused that I could barely speak.

 

Alice stepped forward and spoke. "What happened to you?"

 

I took a deep breath before I spoke. "Like you were saying before, Bella and I were suddenly in a graveyard. We somehow came upon the Masen's tomb that even included Edward. All of a sudden, Bella vanishes. Then....." I didn't want to say anymore. The memory was too painful to think about.

 

"Lauren. I know how much it hurts but we need to know so we can fix this," Alice said trying to comfort me.

 

"Alright... I was strapped to a wall.... with chains at my wrists and ankles. My wrists were bleeding so much. Then..... he came....." I took a deep breath and said his name. "Naum."

 

Carlisle's eyes widned at the name. I think he must of known him. "N-Naum?"

 

"Yes. He came. He was so..... I don't know. I feared him. He said that he did something to someone.... I was released. I ran out the door..... then I saw......" I really couldn't say anymore.

 

Everyone else came up to me then. They knew who I was going to say. Rosalie dared to speak. "You mean Edward? You saw him..."

 

I shook my head.... slowly. "Yes. But..... he wasn't..... himself. I don't know what happened to him. He had deep red eyes and his hair had some black in it. He was paler than what he was....dark circles underneath his eyes.... wearing all black and..... his voice..... he was so.... dark...." I took another deep breath.

 

"He took me.... laid me down on a sofa... I was so dazed underneath his hold and eyes.... he drank my blood and bit me..... 'I hope you join me... in the next life Lauren. I'll see you soon, in your new form.' That's what he said to me. I woke up..... new...."

 

Carlisle seemed to be thinking, pondering. "Naum..... I never dreamed he would get revenge....," he sighed.

 

Before I could speak, Emmett spoke. "So.... where's Edward now?"

 

I turned around in the other direction. In the clearing, I saw something coming toward us. But the more I looked, I releized it was something flying toward us. Then, still in the air, flapping its little wings in front of me, was a bat. I liftes my hand and the bat landed right on my fingertip like a bird. All it did was just stare at me.

 

"Aw cool! In the Cullen family when bats do that it means something good will happen!" Alice chirped. "No need to worry."

 

But the more I looked at it, the more fear bulit inside me. There was something odd about this bat. It seemed.... beautiful. The fur was bronze... with black in it... little red eyes scortching in me.

 

Alice noticed my face and came next to me. "Lauren, what's wrong?"

 

"Alice..... do you see anything.... strange about this bat?" I asked softly.

 

Alice looked over the "bat" on my hand. "Um..... should I?"

 

"The bronze fur.... black... red eyes..."

 

All of a sudden, the bat flew off my hand and its wings wrapped around itself like a cocoon. I knew what was happening and so did Alice.

 

"Don't tell me that's....." she drifted off.

 

I smiled hopefully... not pulling it off that well. "Um.. no need to worry. Maybe he's still friendly."

 

Once the wings flew back open, they vanished, and out came Edward. He landed on the ground gracefully. He stood back up and looked at us. His arms were stuffed into his cloak. His dark red eyes stared deep down at Alice and I.

 

Carlisle spoke. "Edward.... son...."

 

Edward showed his smile and chuckeled darkly. His fangs showed, all pointed. "Father... you don't need me to bite you."

 

Everybody stared at Edward in shock. Esme's poor face was ashamed and fearful. Then, Edward hissed and was ready to pounce.

 

"Um.... run!" I yelled. That's what we did.

 

I suddenly remembered that Bella was still in the house. She so couldn't see Edward like this. She will be torn. I didn't want her to see me like this either, but she can't be left alone.

 

Without thinking, I ran inside the house. I saw Bella on the counch, dazed off. She slowly looked at me with fear in her dark brown eyes. I just reliezed then that Edward was behind me. She looked back at me and at Edward. I stood there to distract him and ran after Bella. I grabbed her and ran out.

 

I didn't know where to go. Luckly, I saw Emmett's jeap. I ran and jumped in. Emmett hit the brake and took off. I climbed inside and sat Bella in the seat next to me. I was afraid I might scare her so I looked at Alice and she put her seatbelt on. I looked up and the Edward in bat form was hanging down. Bella screamed and I grabbed at it. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to hurt him. Then, outside I saw the river.

 

"Emmett stop!!!" I yelled.

 

He stopped and I climbed out. I stood there and lifted the water. I dragged it over to the Edward bat and locked him inside a water prison, shaped like a ball. The little bat squeeled as it tryed to get out of the water but I was controling it so he couldn't get out.

 

Emmett rushed over to me. Alice was still in the jeep with Bella. Emmett laughed. "Awww Edward is sooooo cute as a little bat!"

 

I wanted to slap him. "Emmett! This is sooooo not funny!"

 

That's when I lost my grip. The water prison popped and the bat came out. But it didn't attack. It spoke. "Sun's coming out. I'll be back!" it hissed. But when it spoke, it sounded like a little demon, squeeky in a way. Edward flew away. Emmett and I stared off after the little bat. I was trying not to laugh from the little bat's voice.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

there's a dirastic change in the mood of the whole plot.
last book was better! this is more.... dark, scary, more like some one begging to die wrote this. Like Marilin Manson.
It was good the first chapter.
It was good... it got.... like i said.... dark.....


Posted 14 Years Ago


Don't like it lauren sorry but true :(

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..