Ch. 7

Ch. 7

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

For the rest of the night, I stayed by Bella's side as she slept. I wanted to make sure that she sleeps well without any nightmares. I was actually grateful for the gift I have. It was something I could use for something important and that I could use to help people with. When I was little, I always had a thing with the elements. Whenever I helped my now dead mother in our garden, I always seemed to help the plants grow. Nobody else noticed but when I'm near a blazing fire, when I get close, the flame seems to calm down and point in my direction, like on a candle. Nearby water would always feel relaxing and feel as a part of me and the wind never seemed to be strong around me.

 

While I sat and thought, the fire that we bulit was starting to go out. It was about 3 more hours till the sun was about to rise and I didn't want Bella to get too cold. I let a flame which danced above my palm and shot it toward the dying fire. The fire picked up again. Carlisle stared at me in amazement.

 

I told him about my nature around these elements and he seemed facinated by how I grew up with this gift, even before they advanced when I became a vampire.

 

A hour later, I heard a faint voice in the clearing. The Cullens didn't seem to have heard it. I guess the wind must improve my hearing. I took the advantage and used the wind to see, and hear, what was going on.

 

About a couple miles away, I saw some men having a conversation. The more I looked, I saw who they were and my eyes widned in horror. It was Naum, his followers and Edward.

 

As they spoke, Naum was pacing back and forth. He seemed to be yelling at the other men. Edward stood against a tree casually, amused by how the argument was going, happly that it didn't involve him. I didn't want the Cullens knowing yet so I tried to keep my posture and face composed as I listened.

 

"I don't belive that you let her off that easy! Why did you leave her in the woods like that?!" Naum yelled at the men. Now he was angry.

 

"But my Lord! We thought that you wanted to let her die in the woods," a man said. He had cropped brown hair and was spiky like a hedgehog.

 

Naum slapped the man hard in the face, even though it didn't appear to have hurt him, or leave a mark. "Stan! I wanted the girl. Apprantly when she became one of us, she gained an incrediable power, one I never had seen in my life. She can use it to basically control anything around her. She could be useful to us!"

 

Stan looked sorrowful for what he had done and pleaded, "I'm sorry my Lord. I would do anything to serve you, even if it costs my life!"

 

Naum sighed. "For now, you and Heath can go hunt. I have a mission planned for you when you return nice and full."

 

Stan and Heath seemed pleased by the request and vanished in a flash. Naum chuckled to himself as he walked forward to Edward.

 

"Oh, those fools. They'll do anything I tell them to do." Naum looked at Edward with eyes so full of questions. At that moment, I wondered if Edward still has the power to read minds. I tried not to think about that so he don't become spicious.

 

"So tell me Edward...," Naum began, "why did you bite the girl anyway. I thought that you would of killed her." If I were still human, I would of shuddered at the thought. But the more I thought about it, I wondered why he didn't kill me. I tried to listen.

 

Edward laughed a dark silent laugh to himself. "Oh there is a reason. Once I caught the smell of her blood, I thought she smelled so appatising. But something about Lauren.... I had the slightest feeling that she could be useful. So I lured her in.... and changed her myself. I took some blood and it tasted better than I expected. I didn't want to waste her....."

 

Naum thought about it for a minute. "Hmmmm... so intresting. As I recall, you had feelings for her when she first came here didn't you?"

 

Once he said that, I recalled to that time. I remembered when he first kissed me in the hospital, coming to room during night, and running away with him. And when he returned to Bella, the one he was destined for. I did love Edward but it wasn't right. I wonder what Edward will say to him. I listened.

 

Edward looked down as he spook. "That's why I did it. After I tackled her down, went up to her sweet neck.... it was like... I don't know how to describe it.... I didn't want her to live as a human. I didn't want her to look at me everyday and grieve for what happened.... I changed her so she could start over....."

 

I wish I could cry. I couldn't believe that he still cared for me that way. But.... I din't think he would still love me even when he's forced to follow that b*****d. 

 

"I do want something also...," Edward continued, ".... Bella....."

 

I listened harder. 

 

"She... is also my life... the one who made me whole.... it's hard to compete for them.... who should I choose my Lord?" I hissed underneath my breath when Edward called him that.

 

Naum laughed and patted Edward on the shoulder, who was still looking down. "My dearest Edward.... do what you want to do. That's why I perfer you over everyone else."

 

Edward nodded. "Do you mind if I go hunt? I need time to think...."

 

"Of course Edward. Besides, I have some stuff to take care of.... I just want you to meet me at Australia in 5 hours."

 

Edward raised an eyebrow. "Australia?"

 

"Yes. Our next mission is there. At Sydney. Just follow my scent there... I'll see you soon...." Naum vanished. Edward stood there, pondering, and ran west into the forest.

 

What mission are they going to do in Australia? But whatever it was,it looked bad. And... does Edward have feelings for me or Bella?

 

 

 



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
i think there are some errors so ignore those. more coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

HI make sure the evil vampires stay away from my friends when they come to Sydney 'kay? Lolz great starting to really get into it! I want Edward to choose Bella no matter what cause it would seem so strange cause we're all use to the idea of Bella & Edward! Really good Lauren!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Fantastic!! I absolutely love it!! Write more. NOW!!! ;)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2009
Last Updated on March 28, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki