Ch. 10

Ch. 10

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

By the time that we were on the plane, it was 12:00 noon. We will land in Sydney at 2:00 according to the flight attendent. Bella wanted to sit just next to me so I sat with her while Carlisle and Alice sat behind us. I let Bella sit next to the window.

 

About midway, Bella looked at me. "Lauren?"

 

I was in a train of thought when she said my name. "Yes Bella?"

 

"Will Edward be.... "normal" when we get there?" she asked in a timid voice.

 

I sighed, mostly to myself. "Most likely. Once we get there, we have to figure out where they are. We have to be able to get their scent I guess." That was the best answer I could sum up.

 

"Tell me...." Bella continued, "tell me what you and Edward really talked about early this morning."

 

I flinched. How in the hell am I going to explain it without slipping the beans? When Edward and I were in our relationship, Bella was angry at me. I didn't want that to happen again.

 

"I was hunting and Edward found me to tell me what was happening. Otherwise he was wondering how everyone was doing... expecially you. He misses you really bad. He's keeping his distance right now because he's afraid that he'll loose his control and kill you...." I believed that sounded conviencing enough. I decided to ad something to it. "As friends, that was really what we talked about. If there was anything else, I would tell you right away before anyone else Bella."

 

She smiled warmly. She fell for it. "Thanks Lauren. I can see where Edward's coming from now.... Now that I think about it, you're 18 forever right?"

 

I shrugged. "I guess... what a great birthday present I got," I added sarcastically.

 

Soon enough, we were at Sydney National Airport. After we got out, we had a problem. It was sunny today.

 

Carlise grabbed three cloth cloaks out of his bag. He handed one to Alice and one to me. The cloak was a blood red. It had a hood and it went down to the ground. "How do you suppose that we wear these without being noticed?" I asked. I'm really not in the mood to be considered freaks right now.

 

"Don't worry," Carlisle said, "we have to be quick anyway. We can't have anybody see us, glittering in sunlight or not."

 

Of course. We don't know what vampires could be stalking around here.

 

I grabbed Bella and we ran to the nearest shadow. I quickly put on my cloak and put my hood up. Once we got our cloaks on, I grabbed Bella again and we ran for it. I didn't know Australia that well so Alice and I followed Carlisle. He led us into a dark ally where no one can see us. I put Bella down and I leaned against the wall. I sniffed into the air to try to catch a scent. I did catch it. It was faint, but I could smell Edward's scent a couple miles away headed west.

 

"I know where Edward is. He's waiting for us. Alice, could you carry Bella this time?" I asked.

 

"Of course," she agreeded. She lifted Bella like she only weighed ten pounds.

 

I ran into the direction of his scent. Carlise and Alice were right behind me, with Bella riding on Alice's back. We reached another dark alley. Edward appered in front of us by the time we stopped.

 

"What's going on now?" asked Carlisle. He seemed calm about the situation.

 

Edward sighed. "He changed plans. I'm to meet him in 3 hours at the Sydney Opera House. I don't know what exactly he's doing though.I don't get why he would go there..."

 

Carlisle said, "I know. There are too many witnesses. Wouldn't he start somewhere with few people?"

 

"Knowing Naum, he would like to start trouble in the biggest possible place. Or at least where there will be enough people," Edward said. 

 

"So what should we do now?" asked Alice. 

 

"Well before we cause a commotion, I could try and find out what his plan is. Then from there, we'll go and warn the right person."

 

Carlisle nodded. "Alright. But first, we need to figure out what we should do with Bella so she don't get hurt."

 

Edward suddenly became furious. "Then why did you bring her?"

 

I was the one to speak. "We figured that maybe she could help us. We didn't think it would be a good idea for her to go near the Volturi. Plus, Bella would be better off with Alice and I."

 

Edward seemed to consider it and calmed down. "You're right." He stepped toward Bella who was just standing there, in a daze. Edward lifted her chin and they looked into each others eyes. "How are you doing love?" 

 

Bella didn't know what to say at first. "I'm hanging in there."

 

"That's good. I promise that everything will get resolved," he ensured. 

 

She nodded and a tear came down her cheek. He brushed it off with his finger gently. Then he stepped away. Bella seemed to be okay with that. I felt better, as if Edward meant to say that to me.  



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
ignore errors!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Write more!! Now!! Incredible!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Really Good! But Edward is pissing me off! He is such a two-timer! Its really infuriating. By the way loved it write more plz!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki