Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

     I went outside with Edward here to go on my first hunting trip. I don't know what to expect from this but my body is craving for the blood. I remebered when I looked into the monster in the mirror. The paleness and the red eyes....

     "Um... Edward? Why is it that I have red eyes and the rest of yous have gold eyes? And why are yours black?"

     He stopped to look at me. I couldn't help but feel fear by looking at him. He suddenly acted ammused. Was it something I said?

      He laughed. "Sorry it was what you said, british boy."

      I was stunned. "How... did you read my mind?" And what in bloody hell did you mean by "british boy"? I feel insulted by that rash comment.

      He laughed again. "Actually yes. Some vampires have special powers. I can read people's minds, well except my wife cause her power is a shield. She can block out any mental attacks. Alice can see the future and Jasper can manipulate the emotions around him. My daughter, Renesmee can send you memorys and pictures through you by a single touch. And I didn't  mean to insult you with my nickname for you."

      I took all that in. But then he continued.

      "About the other question. When vampires are first.... made... created I guess, the eyes are red. The reason we have gold eyes is because we feed of animals. If you feed on human, then your eyes are red. Of course it will take time for your eyes to become gold. It will be amber then become gold. If your hungary for blood, then your eyes become black."

     I nodded. "So.... what do we do from here?"

     He shrugged. "Like Carlisle said, we are gonna hunt." He walked over to a big river and jumped over it. I saw with my new eyes how he landed with such grace. I guess he wants me to do the same thing. I saw him nod from across the river.

       He took a step back, and ran. My new speed surprised me and I jumped over the river. I felt like I was flying. But it wasn't like the kind of flying on a broom. When I landed, I didn't fall. I landed on my feet with perfect ease. I looked around to see where Edward was. I looked behind to see him running towards me. Wow. I guess because I'm a newborn that I have more strength.

       Edward caught up and nodded. "Yes. I'm empressed. I don't find it as amussing when I first took Bella on her first hunting trip but that wasn't bad."

      I just shrugged. Just then I caught a strong scent. I took a deep breath and breathed in the scent. It smelled very nice. It smelled wild.

      Without thinking, I ran. The smell grew stronger. I was stunned to find that I didn't run into a single tree by the speed I was at. I stopped about a mile from where the sourse of the smell came from. I looked ahead and found a bear. A grizzly I suppose. It smelled so good. Like meat in a way.

       I jumped up into a tree for a better view. I had my eyes locked on my meal. Without reliezing, I felt something sharp come from my throat and let it out. A growl. And also, without thinking, my body shifted my forward and landed onto the bear.

       I wrestled with it for quite a while. I let whatever came out of me take control. I had no control of me. Finally, with a final growl from the bear, I sank my teeth in. I felt the something warm and drank. It's blood went into me and drained the animal. It was rather warm and sweet.

       I drained the last of it out and stood up. I stared at the dead creature in front of me and I licked my lips until the raiming drops of blood was gone.

      I found Edward behind me, leaning against a tree with an amzazed look. "Amazing, I have to admit you did that a lot cleaner than Bella did. She had blood everywhere." He laughed to himself. I also noticed another bear by his side. He must of drank from that while watching my performance.

      I just shrugged it off. I never thought being a monster could feel like this. I just killed an animal. If I were still human, I would of felt guilty. But in this form, it felt natural, like this is what my lifestyle was. Then I thought if this was a human. I would of hated that, even though that would of tasted better than anything.

     "I guess it's good this way. I would never cope with killing a human," I said aloud.

      Edward didn't say anything. Then I felt a little tingle in my throat. I think maybe a couple more would do and I'll be fine.

      So me and Edward continued to hunt. Personally, I think he didn't relieze I was even there. Like I was just some tag along. I didn't care. I just fed myself until the burning sensation was gone. Once we were both done, we headed back to the Cullen house.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
more to come! hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol i liked it! but it is so sad to see cedric a vampire! i liked him better as human! :D so will any harry potter ppl come along or will they wonder were he went if he is here now.....to me that didnt make sense right now lol

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Of course! But again I only know two harry potter characters.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Love it!!!!!!!!! I'll be waiting for the rest!!!!!!!!!
P.S. I think it's funny how Edward keeps talking about Bella!!!
Luv,Leylia :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 5 Chapter 5

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki