The last page(s) of the novel

The last page(s) of the novel

A Chapter by Elin
"

The last part of my exam.

"
Exenia rised her head slowly from the ground, just in time to see Maerian send the tiny diamond through the air towards Lyriel with his staff. The stone slunged itself into the dragons thick green hide, an enormous roar came out of the dragons gap, along with an long fire blast. Somehow it suddenly was total silence; the dragon was lying on the ground, asleep.

Lyriel was a strange sight; the enormous beast of a dragon lying on the ground like a baby in a cradle, the dragon wasnt ugly, not at all. She had blue eyes like the ocean and hide like new sprung leaves from a tree, and in one of the old myths it is said that if you stare too long into her eyes you will fall into everlasting sleep like her, but now here eyes was closed. Forever, if not some is as stupid as Exenia and wakes her up again, but that would never happen again.

Despite the fact that Lyriel was now asleep again, Exenia felt that something wasnt right. All the sudden Exenia screamed, the dragon moved, Exenia could se her own staff was lying a couple of meters away from her. Hadnt Exenia been as gifted as she was she would have been dead, she rose up ran towards the staff, picked it up and pointed it where the diamon had plunged into the hide. The diamond wasnt totally inside the hide yet; it needed to be, to have the impact that it should. A beam forced the tiny diamond deeper and deeper into the hide, until she couldnt see it anymore.

She had totally forgotten about Maerian, he lied on the floor, his eyes were shut and he wasnt moving. The panic spread in her body, was he dead? Had he used all his power in the battle against Lyriel? While she was looking at him she could hear people coming through the tunnels, it was familiar voices. Eventually they came through the big hole in the cave, she felt relief that help had arrived, but was it too late?

They carried Maerian through the tunnels and home; they actually didnt live that far from the cave system, an hour or so and they were there. A big part of the village was destroyed by the battle, it was a devastating sight. The battle to get Lyriel into the caves again had been difficult and many were killed or wounded.

Still Maerian wasnt moving, he just lay there. A couple of doctors had arrived to see what was wrong; the doctors studied and examined him for a while. They turned to Exenia and said that he would be fine after a couple weeks, but now he needed to rest. Exenia sat down on a stool by his bed; she wanted to be with him. She sat there for a long time, she didnt know for how long, time just flew by. All the sudden he opens his eyes, before he could even speak, Exenia bent down and kissed his mouth. In all the misery there was still love.



© 2013 Elin


Author's Note

Elin
10th grade english (im norwegian)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on March 29, 2013
Last Updated on March 29, 2013
Tags: earth, fantasy, dragon, diamond, exam, wizards


Author

Elin
Elin

Norway



About
Norwegian nerd. Computers is my daily job. Writing is my part time job, which I enjoy the most. more..

Writing
Come home Come home

A Poem by Elin