New girl

New girl

A Chapter by Eiri

        Lexia was pissed. She hated going to school. And yet here she was up at an ungodly hour, carrying a book bag, filled with stuff she really didn’t need, walking down to a school she preferred not to be in and if she saw Mark, she’d kill him on the spot, consequences be damned.

        “Maybe I ought to skip school and go look for him instead” she contemplated, “Damn b*****d, fucked up everything” And it all started the week before. She and James had just arrived at their new house for their assignment, when a school board member came and demanded to know why hadn’t she been going to school. When confronted with evidence of home schooling, he insisted that she went to school any way, to measure if she really had been home schooled all these years.

         After the man left, Mark had called, saying some weird stuff about some prophecy that he wanted to fulfill. “And I will fulfill it, you will see, and Lexia is the key”

         That’s what he had said, James hung up on him and made a whole bunch of phone calls which extended all the way to the next morning, “Who you calling now?” she had asked him when she hauled herself out of her room to see him with the phone still stuck to his ear, when he put the phone down he answered her, “I’m registering you to the high school down the road, don’t give that look, Mark apparently made a few phone about you, which was why that guy came here yesterday, right now we got too many eyes on us, so your going to have to put up with this for at least a full semester, yes a full semester, no there’s no other way to go about this I already called Eliezer and he can’t do anything about it, and no we can't move somewhere else either it’ll only look suspicious and cause unnecessary problems for us.” And he made her buy a book bag, notebooks and some new clothes, though she told him time and again that she didn’t want to or she didn’t need it, but she bought the stuff anyway after he gave her a threatening look.

 

        But that wasn’t the thing bothering her. Mark had mentioned a prophecy, and something about her being the key. Normally, depending on what the prophecy said, they would either stop the prophecy form fulfilling or help the prophecy fulfill itself. But for some reason, James couldn’t find any prophecy that even remotely relates to her and Eliezer was having problems with his information network, courtesy of Mark.

        She reached the school entrance and got slightly nervous, “What the hell?” she shook herself and kept on walking into the school grounds. She walked on, not looking at anyone in particular but she looked at her surroundings and made mental notes on fast and quick escape routs, “I’m looking for escape routs at a school” she whispered to herself “God I will kill Mark when I see him” she was the best assassin in the world and she was stuck in high school.

 

        She could see that one, “Lexia, Eliezer has job for you, he want's it done by Wednesday” he would hand her a file with all the important information and she would reject it “Can’t, I have two test on that day and the math teacher wants me to stay after school for something” she shook herself again, “He’s going to die very slowly” She looked around to double check her location on the school grounds, even though James told her to take the map of the school with her, she left it in her room in a file that she had made specifically for any and all useful papers from school, not that the school was going to give out any such papers, but she made a file anyways out of habit, she made files of all her assignments, and she had already memorized the map, so taking it with her would have been unnecessary.

            The school was rather big, eight buildings total and a courtyard in the center, big tree, picnic tables and all, with the buildings making an odd circle around it, four two-story buildings which held all the classrooms, a smaller building that made the main office and guidance, another building which was bigger than the office that made the library and computer center and the cafeteria was across the library. And behind one of the classroom buildings was the gym. And according with her schedule she was going to spend the better part of the year in building two, with two of her classes being in the first floor and the other two in the second. “Great I’m going to be up and down the stairs all day” she made her way into the building and up to the second floor, and passed each class room until she got to the door of her new class room. “I should’ve skipped school and killed Mark for this” she stepped in and looked around.

******

       

           Darien was bored, never mind that classes hadn’t started yet, people had yet to arrive to the classroom. He could be outside with everyone else but he was too tired from the activities of the night before, when he and his friends were at their science teacher’s house, without the science teacher. “And it was the simplest plan ever” he thought, and it was, they were supposed to wait until he left the house, go in, check the place out, found out what could be the connection between him and his plan to break into the mayors house and some odd events that had been going on in the town, and get out. But as usual, good plans never work out the way there supposed to.

          The teacher had gotten back earlier than expected, everyone had split up in the house with no time to regroup and leave the house quickly enough. So he had grabbed Lloyd and ran outside and distracted the teacher form going inside, only to end up having to talk to the teacher himself, because, someone in the group had made a mess in the house and were trying to clean it up in a hurry. “And now the teacher suspects me, wonderful” he had just gotten on school ground when the teacher approached him and asked him if he was interested in science, specifically meteorology, which didn’t exactly surprise him, seeing as the same minute he arrives home a freak storm erupts above him and seeing the only other person in the area was him, looking flustered and saying some half baked story about being lost in the woods behind his house, but the idea of him controlling weather was a bit of a stretch, though he could control the wind and with the help of Lloyd make it rain….

          “Well it was your idea, deal with it” a girl’s voice came from the doorway. Darien looked to see who it was and saw a tanned skin girl with hazel eyes, shoulder length brown hair with purple streaks in it,

          “Zio, hey, purple hair for the week?” Darien was used to Zio answering or commenting to what he and their friends were thinking, Zio could hear peoples thoughts and the day before she heard the science teachers thoughts, which instead of thinking on the lessons he had to teach for the day, his thoughts were directed on how to break and enter the mayors house, stealing some files and killing the mayor if he could.

           “Yeah, decided to risk it, since we’ve been risking a lot lately. And I just passed by Mr. Lone on the way here, he’s going to break in tonight.” She sat down in the seat behind him.

            “So do we call the police and tell them that we suspect that someone is going to break into the mayors house and try to kill him?” she asked him.

           

            “We could, but then their going ask questions on how we got that information and then what? Tell them you read his mind?” Darien had already pulled and tugged that idea. Cell phones could be traced, public phones weren’t working, and he didn’t want them with his finger prints on a piece of paper either,

          “Well we can stop him ourselves, it should be easy to do” he offered her the idea, “You said the same thing when you suggested breaking into his house to find evidence, which by the way we didn’t see anything, which is rather odd, you’d think he’d have a map of the mayors house lying around or something” she stood up and went to a near window. "Thats strange, we have a new girl and she's thinking about the quikest ways to get out of the school" Darien rolled his eyes,

 

           "Zio thats not strange at all. Half the people here would love to know the quickest way out of here, without having to cross any of the teachers, the custodians and the administrators" he would know, he'd tried sneaking out of the school before and you'd think teachers would be stuck grading papers and getting their lesson plans together but they administrator seems to have at least three teachers and the custodial staff roaming the school grounds at all times. "It's not when she's pissed off and wants to kill someone named Mark" Zio turned and looked at Darien, "You know sometimes I wish our lives wasn't as weird as they are. I wish we could be normal" he told her, "I think even without our abilities, we'd still live off of weird" Darien saw Zio's eyes stare at the doorway and he turned to see what she was looking at, and found himself looking into the most beatiful blue eye's he'd ever seen. "Darien you do know its impolite to stare at people right?" He blinked and felt himself blush slightly before he managed to control his emotions.

                                 



© 2008 Eiri


Author's Note

Eiri
This is only part of chapter one. The second one will come as soon as I finish typing it back onto the computer.
*****
k, part of the second part has been added, let me know what you guys thinks, and let me know of any errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

586 Views
Added on October 18, 2008
Last Updated on November 10, 2008
Previous Versions


Author

Eiri
Eiri

underyourbed, FL



About
Well I like to read book and manga, write, watch tv and anime, horror movies from Japan, I'm very easy to get along with and I can be slightly random at times. I live in the Sunshine state of Florida... more..

Writing
Remember Remember

A Poem by Eiri


Lethe Lethe

A Poem by Eiri


I'm Here I'm Here

A Poem by Eiri