Lost: One Feeling of Excitement

Lost: One Feeling of Excitement

A Story by El Narrador
"

Short piece concerning a man meeting a potential girlfriend- who is a single mom- for a date, and interacting with her son.

"
She greeted me with a kiss at the door; our lips touching softly, slowly, while a deep low hum rose from somewhere deep inside her. It was a sound like she was tasting something she liked. My heart beat quickened just a bit and I felt myself stir with excitement down below.

Her platinum blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and she wore a white tube top, tight blue jeans, and white sneakers; a signature look for many urban Latinas.

Her pale blue eyes looked downward at me, "Is that for me?"

I panicked suddenly, as I thought she could see my excitement. I played it cool, “What?"

"What's that?" she pointed at my right hand where I held a small plastic shopping bag.

"Oh." I lifted the bag, showing her the comic book store logo, "I got something for Danny." 

She rolled her eyes and turned away from me, beckoning me to follow with her right hand which held a brush.

I was pleased to be walking behind her, watching her hips and a*s sway, with a strong, steady rhythm. I felt hypnotized by the movement of her body, as we walked into the living room.

"Hi!" said Danny, breaking me from my trance. He sat smiling on the sofa. As I approached, he shifted to the edge of his seat and extended his hand. 

I took the bag with his gift in my left hand and took his little hand in mine. "How you doing, sir?"

"Good!"

I flicked some hair out of his eyes that that hung  loose over his forehead, and then touched his shoulder, “Yeah?”

“Uh-huh.” His eyes shifted to the bag in my hand. 

"This is for you." I said, handing it to him. 

His eyes went wide at the sight of the comic store logo, "Whoa!"

His excitement made me giddy, and I was probably smiling like some kind of dope, but I didn’t care. I watched anxiously as he reached into the bag and pulled out the graphic novel inside.

"X-Men!"

"That one's  a classic," I told him, "it's called God Loves, Man Kills."

"Wow! Thanks!"

"You're welcome, Danny. I hope you enjoy it."

I went down the hall to find Danny's mother, who was fixing her make-up in the bathroom mirror. I stood at the open door of the bathroom.

"Another comic book?" she asked, looking at me in the mirror.

"He likes them."

She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes, "You should've bought him a basketball or something. You know, something that'll get him to go outside more." 

She began applying eyeliner. 

"I didn't think he was into basketball, and I don't think he gets along with the kids in the neighborhood."

She stopped applying the eyeliner to look at me in the mirror again, "Maybe it's because he's so weird!"

I narrowed my eyes and cocked my head sideways, "He's not weird! I was the same way when I was a kid!"

"Well then I'm glad we met now!” She went back to applying her eyeliner and muttered, “F*****g nerd.” 

My eyes widened and my head whipped back with mild shock then. My feeling of excitement was gone. 

© 2014 El Narrador


Author's Note

El Narrador
The idea for this came to me after reading a flash fiction piece about a woman, who wished a little boy at her house were her son.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on May 10, 2014
Last Updated on May 10, 2014
Tags: short stories, Latin, Latino, love

Author

El Narrador
El Narrador

Yonkers, NY



About
I will not accept any friend requests, unless you've read and critiqued at least one of my pieces first. I also ask that you not message me asking that I read something of yours, unless you have read .. more..

Writing