The Last Sicilian

The Last Sicilian

A Story by El Narrador
"

Something unexpected happens to a man eating a Sicilian slice on a field. Another piece of flash fiction.

"
He'd never heard anything like that before, or since. Somehow he managed not to be scared, though the sound of the train derailing had startled him momentarily. After that, he continued to sit calmly on the grass, a corner of the Sicilian slice he bought pinched gently between thumb and forefinger in his right hand, while his left hand reached for the can of Pepsi sitting on the grass beside him. He found it hard to believe that the detached train car tumbling toward him side-over-side actually weighed several tons, as physical forces moved it violently like it was little more than a toy. The fact that the grass that he sat on was a little bit damp and wetting his a*s through his khaki cargo pants was the least of his problems now. Actually, it occurred to him that in a moment he wouldn't have anymore problems. Well, at least the Sicilian was good. 

© 2014 El Narrador


Author's Note

El Narrador
Something that came to me while I took a seat in one of my favorite spots in Yonkers to enjoy some pizza. The Bronx River Pathway is located next to the Metronorth rail. As a train passed, I imagined what might happen if it derailed while I sat in a small grass clearing at the end of the path.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very interesting. And I take it this is meaning of flash fiction? (I've never heard of it before) if so It's very clever.

Posted 9 Years Ago


El Narrador

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Flash fiction is generally anything less than 300 words. To my understanding, it's a fair.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Sunny

9 Years Ago

Oh that at be why I've never heard of it. Thank you for explaining it!:)
Very clever. I like flash fiction, and this is a really good short piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A great short read. Makes one wish it were longer, but then it wouldn't be what it is anymore: marvellous. Really enjoyed this.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 22, 2014
Last Updated on June 22, 2014
Tags: fiction, flash fiction, stories, food

Author

El Narrador
El Narrador

Yonkers, NY



About
I will not accept any friend requests, unless you've read and critiqued at least one of my pieces first. I also ask that you not message me asking that I read something of yours, unless you have read .. more..

Writing
Voice Voice

A Story by El Narrador